PDA

View Full Version : I was just reading an Angel's gamethread...

Cowhead418
05-30-2005, 07:50 PM
http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=ml-angels&msg=42595.301

And listen to this whiney A-hole:

The pathetic White Sox don't deserve this win. We should have had this one. I don't see how they lead baseball with wins with that offense. If we faced a pitcher like Washburn today we would have scored 100 runs.

And then:

I liked our offense though. I'm happy with that. I think our guys are hitting now. On the other hand the White Sox have a pathetic offense. I don't see them hanging around long if they keep playing like this.
If we faced Washburn today we would have destroyed him.

And then:

Here's what I see from this game. Our offense is waking up. We had to face a great pitcher. Their offense faced a garbage Washburn. Yet we almost won and they almost blew the game.
I would have liked a win but I see us hanging around in our division. If this is the best the White Sox offense cn do how long can they keep winning? Not long.

And again:

What was wrong with our offense? The White Sox have good pitchers. I'd say we did good. The bad offense was the White Sox offense. If we faced a pitcher like Washburn was today the game would have been a blowout.

And again:

The way I see this though I would be much more worried if I was a White Sox fan. They got lucky to win. We never should have taken the lead. Their offense has to be the worst in baseball. How do you get so many runners on base and only score three runs? Just pathetic.

See, I didn't expect to win so it doesn't bother me as much. A win would have been great but I like what I saw overall. I don't expect our offense to score 29 runs in this series. This isn't the Royals. We battled back and almost won. If you can do that against good pitching that's good.

And finally:

That's what I'm doing. I'm not worried. We can even lose the series. I would be much more worried if I was a White Sox fan. We battled back against good pitching. What did they do? They scored three pathetic runs off of a struggling Washburn. We won just because we battled.

I hope Shields gets some time off. Lackey needs to pitch deep and our bats need to score a lot of runs. Lets make it so we don't need a closer.

All by the same poster. What a :dtroll: .

mealfred13
05-30-2005, 07:55 PM
Hahahha, it's nice to see these fans are so devoted that they'll spew things about how their team would crush their own pitcher. Way to stand behind him.....

DickAllen72
05-30-2005, 07:55 PM
Based solely on this game, I can't say I disagree too much with most of those comments.

halfpricemonday
05-30-2005, 07:58 PM
Well then, I guess it's a good thing that we don't have Washburn pitching for us.

Maybe they should use some of that $100M payroll and get a better pitcher.

Soxzilla
05-30-2005, 07:58 PM
Based solely on this game, I can't say I disagree too much with most of those comments.

The angels offense sucks about as much as ours right now.

Jarod Washburn isn't a bad pitcher. A bad pitcher would've given up a lot of runs with the men he put on base.

Is Orlando Hernandez bad because he puts a lot of men on base? No.

mealfred13
05-30-2005, 07:59 PM

I agree with you there; we should have had 8 or 9 runs. But overall, our hitting looked MUCH better today than it did during the Texas series. That still doesn't justify ripping on your own pitcher. Althought that hadn't stopped all the Garland Sucks threads here in the past...

Cowhead418
05-30-2005, 07:59 PM
I agree but this guy just kept saying the same things over and over and over and wouldn't stop whining. I just thought it was quite humorous.

TheOldRoman
05-30-2005, 08:02 PM
All by the same poster. What a :dtroll: .
Moron? Yes. Troll? No. He is an imbecile, but he was spewing his crap on an Angels board, so he isn't really a troll.

Cowhead418
05-30-2005, 08:04 PM
Moron? Yes. Troll? No. He is an imbecile, but he was spewing his crap on an Angels board, so he isn't really a troll.
But there was no better icons available to express this guy. So maybe he's just a big, fat dumb hairy monster.

DickAllen72
05-30-2005, 08:07 PM
I agree but this guy just kept saying the same things over and over and over and wouldn't stop whining. I just thought it was quite humorous.

Yeah, you're right about that. :smile:

RKMeibalane
05-30-2005, 08:17 PM
The Angels are missing their best hitter.

The Sox just got their best hitter back.

Gee, I wonder what that means for each team's offense.

CYGarland20
05-30-2005, 08:29 PM
Based solely on this game, I can't say I disagree too much with most of those comments. I agree, there is no way we win this division if we keep stranding runner's like we have :?:

RKMeibalane
05-30-2005, 08:32 PM
I agree, there is no way we win this division if we keep stranding runner's like we have :?:

I think things will pick up, though. With Frank back, and either Everett or Dye out of the lineup, it stands to reason that the offense will show some improvement. Maybe it was just me, but I could already see the impact of having Frank back in today's game.

LongLiveFisk
05-30-2005, 10:16 PM
I know you guys are just trying to keep things entertaining but if I see one more thread about something an opposing team's fan said, I am seriously going to hurl.

Just remember one of our slogans this year....
WE DON'T CARE

samram
05-30-2005, 10:42 PM
I think things will pick up, though. With Frank back, and either Everett or Dye out of the lineup, it stands to reason that the offense will show some improvement. Maybe it was just me, but I could already see the impact of having Frank back in today's game.

Unfortunately, it's not Everett or Dye who concern me when it comes to leaving runners on base. That honor goes to the clean-up hitter.

FarWestChicago
05-30-2005, 10:44 PM
I know you guys are just trying to keep things entertaining but if I see one more thread about something an opposing team's fan said, I am seriously going to hurl.Yeah, I saw the title of this thread and all I could think was, "Why?" :?:

ShoelessJoeS
05-31-2005, 12:30 AM
that guy sounds like a cubs fan to me

kittle42
05-31-2005, 01:19 AM
I agree, there is no way we win this division if we keep stranding runner's like we have :?:

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!! NOOOOOOO!!!! :D:

mdep524
05-31-2005, 01:19 AM
I agree that the Angels fan is probably a moron, and really bitter. But think about it this way... if the Twins had won the exact same game the exact same way the Sox did today, what would the reaction here be?

I imagine there would be at least one thread in Talking Baseball about how the Angels handed the Twins the game on a silver platter, how the Twins continue to get inexplicable luck, how their fortunes are bound to reverse at some point, and how their overall play today (errors, runners left on, double plays, missed bunts, bullpen woes, walking in runs, horrific managing) is a good sign for Sox fans in the long run.

TDog
05-31-2005, 11:14 AM
I agree that the Angels fan is probably a moron, and really bitter. But think about it this way... if the Twins had won the exact same game the exact same way the Sox did today, what would the reaction here be?...

An interesting analogy. If the Twinks had beaten the Angels exactly the same way, there would be such whining from Sox fans and certainly from Angels fans (although their elite team didn't deserve to win either, considering their closer gave up 2 runs in the ninth).

But the baseball "experts" would be saying, "that's why they're the champs."