PDA

View Full Version : Frank "mild" hip flexor

CubsSuckSoBad
05-30-2005, 05:08 PM
Can Frank stay healthy?

Already gone again....

Is it the hip flexor like they say or is it the ankle?

hmmmmmmmm....

damnit...hopefully its just mild...

GiveMeSox
05-30-2005, 05:10 PM
I hate to be the bringer of bad news but it appears Frank is hurt again. On Tv Hawk said Frank suffered a strained right hip flexor in todays game. While i dont really know what that means it cant be good. What is it with this team and players returning from injury. Man this sucks is Frank has to miss any extended period of time again.

RKMeibalane
05-30-2005, 05:11 PM
I hate to be the bringer of bad news but it appears Frank is hurt again. On Tv Hawk said Frank suffered a strained right hip flexor in todays game. While i dont really know what that means it cant be good. What is it with this team and players returning from injury. Man this sucks is Frank has to miss any extended period of time again.

:threadsucks :threadblows:

SOXintheBURGH
05-30-2005, 05:11 PM
:?: ?

RKMeibalane
05-30-2005, 05:12 PM
Can Frank stay healthy?

Already gone again....

Is it the hip flexor like they say or is it the ankle?

hmmmmmmmm....

damnit...hopefully its just mild...

Let's not jump to conclusions, people. Sheesh!

WhiteSoxFan84
05-30-2005, 05:26 PM
:threadsucks :threadblows:

lol, why does this thread suck and blow? the news sucks, yes, but the thread? lol, i think we need a manual on when to use certain icons.

to follow up on the issue at hand, let's not go crazy just yet. wait until tomorrow to see what the news is and how bad it is. maybe he'll be day-to-day maybe he'll be out for a while. we do not know just how bad it is yet.

compy75
05-30-2005, 05:33 PM
Well, ESPN's broadcast called it a MILD strain....so that's good news.

RKMeibalane
05-30-2005, 05:37 PM
Well, ESPN's broadcast called it a MILD strain....so that's good news.

I'm sure he's fine. It's probably just a precautionary move. No reason to push him too far on his first day.

RKMeibalane
05-30-2005, 06:05 PM
Frank is day-to-day. I expect him to play tomorrow, as he's already helped this offense by just being in the lineup.

BeviBall!
05-30-2005, 06:06 PM
Frank is day-to-day. I expect him to play tomorrow, as he's already helped this offense by just being in the lineup.

A win is the best medicine!

PAPChiSox729
05-30-2005, 06:11 PM
Well if it is a minor strain, I certainly hope the Sox are being very cautious. I would rather have him play the rest of the season after he is fully healed rather than play the next week or two and then go on the DL. And hopefully, this win will get this team rollin' again so Frank's absence won't be as damaging.

compy75
05-30-2005, 06:16 PM
Has it occurred to anyone that Ozzie set a 3 AB quota, and maybe this "mild strain" is a bunch of hogwash?? I don't think it's completely insane.

FarWestChicago
05-30-2005, 06:17 PM
Has it occurred to anyone that Ozzie set a 3 AB quota, and maybe this "mild strain" is a bunch of hogwash?? I don't think it's completely insane.Does your tin foil hat look the same as Hangar's?

halfpricemonday
05-30-2005, 06:18 PM
Has it occurred to anyone that Ozzie set a 3 AB quota, and maybe this "mild strain" is a bunch of hogwash?? I don't think it's completely insane.

Umm, I don't think so. I think Frank has too much pride to let the Sox play games with the media and his perceived health. This isn't the Cubs we're talking about.

TheOldRoman
05-30-2005, 06:22 PM
I thought nothing of it when they took Big Frank out after 3 plate appearances and put Timo in. I assumed Frank was only getting 3 at bats going into the game. I missed parts of the game, and thought that was the case until Hawk mentioned the possible injury. I don't think they would have to lie about the reason for taking Frank out, after all, they aren't the Cubs, and people would understand taking Frank out there.

compy75
05-30-2005, 06:26 PM
Hey just figured I would bounce it off everyone. I mean it wouldn't be the first time the stunt has been pulled...Here's hoping he's alright and back in the saddle.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-30-2005, 06:35 PM
:wanne
"Frank's got a groin."

DickAllen72
05-30-2005, 06:41 PM
During the post game press conference, Ozzie said whenever he has to take a player out of a game, he doesn't play him the next day. So he probably won't be playing tomorrow.

mealfred13
05-30-2005, 06:43 PM
Per CSN, Frank said he just strained his hip a little due to being a little excited and running extra hard during the game. He says he wanted out because he didn't want to aggrevate it and put him out on the DL for another 2 weeks. Other than that, he feels fine, and he'll just see how he feels for the next game, but he won't be out for any extended period of time.

Sounds good to me. PHEW!

TheOldRoman
05-30-2005, 06:53 PM
I dont think the quotes around mild are necessary in the title of this thread. We arent the Cubs, and the Sox havent lied about injuries like this in the past.

:lynch&mcfail
"Dont worry, Kenny, we will handle this one. We believe Frank Thomas hurt his hip when he was hit by an errant frisbee in the clubhouse. He is fine and could play tomorrow, but to be safe we are putting him on the 15 day DL."

RKMeibalane
05-30-2005, 07:14 PM
During the post game press conference, Ozzie said whenever he has to take a player out of a game, he doesn't play him the next day. So he probably won't be playing tomorrow.

Frank's a DH, though. How much of a toll would three or four at-bats be for him? Besides, he looked great swinging the bat today. He's already having a better season than Everett or Dye.

Infallible
05-30-2005, 07:28 PM
the man needs to get some more rest before going all out in ill health. They should've given him more seat time.

White Sox Josh
05-30-2005, 07:32 PM
Bruce Levine was interviewing Frank and Frank said that he is fine and that he has played with this before.

RKMeibalane
05-30-2005, 07:35 PM
Bruce Levine was interviewing Frank and Frank said that he is fine and that he has played with this before.

That's a relief. Again, I expect him to play tomorrow, if for no reason, because he can't possibly be any worse than his teammates were today.

RichFitztightly
05-30-2005, 07:40 PM
Having a bum hip flexor can't be fun when you're swinging a bat. It has to take a toll on being able to use your hips and lower body in a swing. Fortunately, Frank's so strong, he'd be the only one I'd feel comfortable watching play through such a thing.

RKMeibalane
05-30-2005, 07:42 PM
Having a bum hip flexor can't be fun when you're swinging a bat. It has to take a toll on being able to use your hips and lower body in a swing. Fortunately, Frank's so strong, he'd be the only one I'd feel comfortable watching play through such a thing.

Since he said he'd played through this before, I'm not concerned about it. I'm more concerned about Ozzie's questionable decision-making and this team's inability to drive in men in scoring position.

soxfanreggie
05-30-2005, 07:58 PM
He looked fine after the game. I couldn't hear much after the game, but if he was talking to the media, it can't be that bad.

RKMeibalane
05-30-2005, 08:02 PM
He looked fine after the game. I couldn't hear much after the game, but if he was talking to the media, it can't be that bad.

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet, but Frank has already accomplished more this season than that guy who plays for Detroit. I think his name was... Melissa? No, that's not right. Margaret? No, that's not it, either. I give up.

mccoydp
05-30-2005, 08:13 PM
I don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet, but Frank has already accomplished more this season than that guy who plays for Detroit. I think his name was... Melissa? No, that's not right. Margaret? No, that's not it, either. I give up.

Marcus? Mike?

delben91
05-30-2005, 08:17 PM

Mephistopheles ?

TornLabrum
05-30-2005, 08:40 PM
Audrey Farber?

gobears1987
05-30-2005, 09:16 PM
Ozzie implied during the post-game show that Frank will be held out of the lineup tomorrow as a cautionary measure. He may change his mind, but either way, he won't miss much playing time.

Ol' No. 2
05-30-2005, 09:44 PM
Frank's a DH, though. How much of a toll would three or four at-bats be for him? Besides, he looked great swinging the bat today. He's already having a better season than Everett or Dye.Swinging the bat might not be a problem, but unless he goes yard he's going to have to run. In the post-game interview he said he felt a slight twinge heading toward home and decided not to take a chance. My guess is he gets held out tomorrow and Herm works him over. He could be back on Wednesday.

samram
05-30-2005, 09:52 PM
Swinging the bat might not be a problem, but unless he goes yard he's going to have to run. In the post-game interview he said he felt a slight twinge heading toward home and decided not to take a chance. My guess is he gets held out tomorrow and Herm works him over. He could be back on Wednesday.

This makes the most sense. It would, frankly, be silly to put him back in the lineup tomorrow after almost a year of rest and rehab. Furthermore, even if he's played with this injury before, the question is whether he played well. If it actually affected his play, then OG may as well rest him for a day.

gosox3072
05-30-2005, 09:54 PM
boo im goin to the game tommarow:whiner: