PDA

View Full Version : 2005 NCAA baseball tournament

ChiSoxRowand
05-30-2005, 03:41 PM
The pairings were announced today.
http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/college/050530ncaa.html

It should be a great tourney, with many top draft prospects playing. Hopefully we will get to see some Sox draftees. CSTV and ESPNU will televise the regionals (maybe Foxsportsnet). ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPNU will televise the super regionals and the College World Series.

whitesoxwilkes
05-30-2005, 08:30 PM
..and my fingers are crossed for my alma mater, who faces Nebraska in the first round.

Viva Medias B's
05-30-2005, 09:28 PM
As WSW alluded to, Horizon League champ UIC is playing No. 3 national seed Nebraska in the first round. Ohio State and Michigan are representing the Big Ten. tOSU's is there because they won the Big Ten tournament. However, why is Michigan going ahead of regular season champ Illinois?

D. TODD
05-31-2005, 12:29 PM
I'll be cheering for the Tarheels to advance, and hopefully bring a second major national title home to Chapel Hill.

Randar68
05-31-2005, 12:41 PM
tOSU's is there because they won the Big Ten tournament. However, why is Michigan going ahead of regular season champ Illinois?

tOSU won the tourney for the automatic bid, Michigan had a more impressive schedule out of conference that Illinois and Illinois played themselves out of it going something like 1-10 in their last 11 games.

It's time for Itch Jones to retire, IMO.