PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Evaluates 2001 Sox Season....

doublem23
11-11-2001, 10:53 PM
Sorry if this has been posted, but it's a worthwhile read... Even though the goofs at ESPN couldn't tell teh difference between a baseball and a volleyball... I mean, they're both white...

http://espn.go.com/mlb/s/closer2001whitesox.html

kermittheefrog
11-12-2001, 12:52 AM
No shockwaves sent here. I really disagree about Rowand though. He didn't hit too well in the minors and they might be making a mistake in moving him to center. I think Rowand is a very lucky man. He had a job fall into his lap because the Sox didn't like any of the other candidates and he played better ball than expected. Now he could springboard himself into being a major league regular. If he gets a job as a regular I think he could be Josh Paul 2002.

ihatethecubs
11-12-2001, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
I think he could be Josh Paul 2002.

no way, in josh paul's short time up in '99 and '00, he never looked as good as rowand did in his short time here in '01. a-row hit well and was great on D except for 1 or 2 bad plays. josh never did anything exciting when he first came up.

kermittheefrog
11-12-2001, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by ihatethecubs

no way, in josh paul's short time up in '99 and '00, he never looked as good as rowand did in his short time here in '01. a-row hit well and was great on D except for 1 or 2 bad plays. josh never did anything exciting when he first came up.

You're right Paul didn't hit as was as Rowand but he hit .282 and lead some people to believe he had potential. I wrote a column saying I like Johnson over him and a few people e-mailed me backing Paul. We all know Versatile went on to suck this year. I could see Rowand following the same path. Creating some excitement at a position where the Sox are weak then fading away fast.