PDA

View Full Version : Todays Announcer

This is The Year
05-29-2005, 11:20 PM
i came in late to the game today and i had no idea who the tv announcer was. if some won could fill me in thatd be great.

ChiSoxGirl
05-29-2005, 11:23 PM
i came in late to the game today and i had no idea who the tv announcer was. if some won could fill me in thatd be great.

First of all, :welcome: .

Today's analyst was former Sox player in the early 90s and current Texas resident, Mike Huff. From what I understand, he's been the analyst all weekend down there, and Hawk will be back tomorrow.

White Sox Josh
05-29-2005, 11:26 PM
First of all, :welcome: .

Today's analyst was former Sox player in the early 90s and current Texas resident, Mike Huff. From what I understand, he's been the analyst all weekend down there, and Hawk will be back tomorrow.He did a great job. He knew his stuff.

ChiSoxGirl
05-29-2005, 11:33 PM
He did a great job. He knew his stuff.

I agree completely! I said the same thing to my sister as we were watching the game. He was enthusiastic, knowledgable, and highly impressive. I recommend him over The Pope any day of the week.

gobears1987
05-30-2005, 12:33 AM
I agree completely! I said the same thing to my sister as we were watching the game. He was enthusiastic, knowledgable, and highly impressive. I recommend him over The Pope any day of the week.
Huff was good, but being better than Pope isn't hard. I still think Robin was the best.

ChiSoxGirl
05-30-2005, 12:38 AM
Huff was good, but being better than Pope isn't hard. I still think Robin was the best.

Oh, Robin was definitely my favorite of the subs in the booth! Afterall, how could the guy who was my favorite player growing up *not* be the best in the booth?! :wink:

chisoxfanatic
05-30-2005, 01:00 AM
Oh, Robin was definitely my favorite of the subs in the booth! Afterall, how could the guy who was my favorite player growing up *not* be the best in the booth?! :wink:

Agreed, and agreed! Hawk and Robin would be SUCH a great combination!!!

*Paging Jerry Reinsdorf*

Brian26
05-30-2005, 01:00 AM
Robin was good, but Black Jack was better. I'd say Huff falls somewhere in the middle between the good (Robin and Jack) and the bad (Pope and Moose).

SpammySosa
05-30-2005, 01:04 AM
Robin was good, but Black Jack was better. I'd say Huff falls somewhere in the middle between the good (Robin and Jack) and the bad (Pope and Moose).

It's too bad we didn't get to hear BlackJack with Hawk instead of DJ. I think that would be a great pairing.

Brian26
05-30-2005, 01:07 AM
It's too bad we didn't get to hear BlackJack with Hawk instead of DJ. I think that would be a great pairing.

DJ did ok though. DJ seems to elevate himself to the level of his partner. If he's with someone bad, he sounds awful. If he's with someone good, he sounds ok. Strange.

chisoxfanatic
05-30-2005, 01:08 AM
DJ did ok though. DJ seems to elevate himself to the level of his partner. If he's with someone bad, he sounds awful. If he's with someone good, he sounds ok. Strange.

But he sounds god-awful with Hawk, and Hawk is the greatest...

Nellie_Fox
05-30-2005, 03:03 AM
if some won could fill me in thatd be great.Some won? Please tell me you're kidding.

HebrewHammer
05-30-2005, 03:03 AM
Black Jack was awesome, Robin was very good, The Pope was dreadful and Mike Huff was better than I expected.

Bad week for DJ, he's gotten much better than his first year, but him having to carry a broadcast reminded me how bad he can be. He just refuses to be negative when the team is struggling. I'm not stupid, I know bad baseball when I see it and so should he. He's too nice for White Sox broadcasts. Stick him with Len Kaspar and watch the sheep rave about him.

gosox41
05-30-2005, 08:49 AM
But he sounds god-awful with Hawk, and Hawk is the greatest...

Should that last part be in teal?

Bob

Craig Grebeck
05-30-2005, 01:43 PM
Black Jack is head and shoulders above all the other fill-ins so far

Chisoxfn
05-30-2005, 02:18 PM
Most definately. I can't stand the Pope.

aniceItch
05-30-2005, 04:43 PM
Agreed, and agreed! Hawk and Robin would be SUCH a great combination!!!

*Paging Jerry Reinsdorf*

They did work together in spring training. I only saw them together once..but they could have done more than one. Who knows. but after seeing DJ and Robin, I definately began to appreciate Hawks ability to make other people better.

Brian26
05-30-2005, 10:08 PM
They did work together in spring training. I only saw them together once..but they could have done more than one. Who knows. but after seeing DJ and Robin, I definately began to appreciate Hawks ability to make other people better.

The 3-man team of Hawk, DJ, and Robin was excellent.

whitesoxfan
05-30-2005, 10:33 PM
i couldn't stand The Pope either. He sounded like he was reading from a teleprompter at the beginning of some of the games he called. I just didn't care for him as an announcer personally.

ChiSoxGirl
05-30-2005, 11:11 PM
The 3-man team of Hawk, DJ, and Robin was excellent.

I forgot about that! You're right- that was THE BEST play-by-play team I've heard on t.v. in a long time! Yay for Robin! What can I say? The guy is my all time favorite Sox player! :wink: