PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Please Don't Freak Out Post-Game Thread

NSSoxFan
05-29-2005, 04:49 PM
This is baseball, streaks like this happen.

We have looked 'terrible' in Anaheim and Texas, but still managed to have a 4-5 road trip. For everyone who is ready to go crazy and type stupid stuff, please leave the computer for an hour or so.

The offense will come around. Big Frank is back. We are still the best team in baseball, and yes I know that the Twinkies are right behind us.

Here's to hoping we turn it around and have a great homestand.

JohnBasedowYoda
05-29-2005, 04:50 PM
sorry it's sox fan nature to freak out

NSSoxFan
05-29-2005, 04:51 PM
sorry it's sox fan nature to freak out

Sox Fans' plan of attack for the afternoon/evening of 5/29/2005:

:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

=

:cool:

chisoxmike
05-29-2005, 04:52 PM
The old Jon Garland came back today... lets not hope he's here to stay, becuase if thats the case we'll be seeing problems.

This team needs a freakin' win! Thomas coming back isn't going to cure everything either.

shoota
05-29-2005, 04:53 PM

We have looked 'terrible' in Anaheim and Texas, but still managed to have a 4-5 road trip. For everyone who is ready to go crazy and type stupid stuff, please leave the computer for an hour or so.

The offense will come around. Big Frank is back. We are still the best team in baseball, and yes I know that the Twinkies are right behind us.

*Official* premature Peter pre-postgame thread.

Although the outcome is already decided, the game's not even over NSSoxFan.

JohnBasedowYoda
05-29-2005, 04:53 PM
Sox Fans' plan of attack for the afternoon/evening of 5/29/2005:

:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

=

:cool:

man i've been doing that for the past few days...and not because of the past few games.

Dick Allen
05-29-2005, 04:54 PM
sorry it's sox fan nature to freak outYeah, a hundred years or whatever of not winning a World Series will do that to us.

Jurr
05-29-2005, 04:55 PM
This team is just down. You can tell by their body language that they lost as soon as Mench hit that shot.
I don't like to see them put their heads down and give up. Ozzie needs to give them an enema.

NSSoxFan
05-29-2005, 04:57 PM
*Official* premature Peter pre-postgame thread.

Although the outcome is already decided, the game's not even over NSSoxFan.

I'm sorry if I offended you by doing this shoota.

White Sox Josh
05-29-2005, 04:58 PM
Yeah i mean what if the Sox somehow score 12 runs and come back. anything is possible.

Jurr
05-29-2005, 04:59 PM
I think it's a good thing that they go through some adversity like this. They need to be able to make adjustments to problem streaks.

As bad as they have looked this road trip, they were only one game under .500.
Damn, are we getting spoiled!

lowestofthelow
05-29-2005, 04:59 PM
You kind of have to be impressed by this Texas lineup..I knew when we were up 3-1 it still could have ended up like it did.

jabrch
05-29-2005, 05:02 PM
If the worst road trip we have all season ends up 4-6, I won't be upset.

White Sox Josh
05-29-2005, 05:04 PM
If Texas can get any sort of pitching than they will be extremely dangerous.

Jurr
05-29-2005, 05:04 PM
4-5...Not even THAT bad.

Jurr
05-29-2005, 05:06 PM
Farmer just said: "I hate losing to Schowalter". I'd love to win 5 of the next 4 that we play here. That's how much I hate to lose to him.

Omeed
05-29-2005, 05:07 PM
Well, at least the Twins lost.

That's about the only thing positive to come out of today, because it sure wasn't Timo's AB. My grandma can look better than that at the plate.

South Sider
05-29-2005, 05:08 PM

No.....we are defenetly not the best team in the Majors.
Wake up

We only have the best current record in the Majors (for now).
But not for long.

And this pathetic offense has nothing to do with a bad "streak" or so
They are just a bad hitting team.

They can't even get enough hits of lousy pitchers lately.
They all look "Cy Young" when they face the Sox

Jurr
05-29-2005, 05:09 PM
Well, Timo doesn't look long for the Sox roster now that Frank's back.

Kogs35
05-29-2005, 05:09 PM
blah to this roadtrip. we r back at home big frank is back. the team will be motivated and we will take care of business :bandance: :gulp: :bandance: :gulp: :bandance: :gulp: :bandance: :gulp:

Jurr
05-29-2005, 05:10 PM
blah to this roadtrip. we r back at home big frank is back. the team will be motivated and we will take care of business :bandance: :gulp: :bandance: :gulp: :bandance: :gulp: :bandance: :gulp:
Plus, we've got our stopper going.

Frater Perdurabo
05-29-2005, 05:12 PM
We are still the best team in baseball, and yes I know that the Twinkies are right behind us.

Yes, the Sox have the best record in the MLB. But they have not been playing the best baseball lately. Thank goodness they piled up wins during the first six weeks of the season. Thank goodness the Twins lost today. Thank goodness Saturday's game was rained out. Hopefully, they will be much healthier (physically and mentally) when they return to Texas at the end of August.

Even if Frank doesn't replicate his 2004 or 2003 numbers right away, the Sox should be able to ride his reputation and benefit from the psychological lift his return should bring.

This recent stretch ought to convince those who think everything's A-OK that it really isn't. The Sox still need lineup help. Hopefully Frank's the answer. But Crede, Everett, Dye, Uribe and even Podsednik and Pierzynski have been slumping badly this last week. If his return doesn't rub off on them, further changes are necessary.

batmanZoSo
05-29-2005, 05:14 PM
No.....we are defenetly not the best team in the Majors.
Wake up

We only have the best current record in the Majors (for now).
But not for long.

And this pathetic offense has nothing to do with a bad "streak" or so
They are just a bad hitting team.

They can't even get enough hits of lousy pitchers lately.
They all look "Cy Young" when they face the Sox

Yawn. :dtroll:

Frater Perdurabo
05-29-2005, 05:14 PM
Well, Timo doesn't look long for the Sox roster now that Frank's back.

Timo needs to go. Period.

Crede and Dye rapidly are trying our collective patience as well.

Hopefully Frank's return is the magic elixir this lineup desperately needs.

South Sider
05-29-2005, 05:15 PM
Yes, the Sox have the best record in the MLB. But they have not been playing the best baseball lately. Thank goodness they piled up wins during the first six weeks of the season. Thank goodness the Twins lost today. Thank goodness Saturday's game was rained out. Hopefully, they will be much healthier (physically and mentally) when they return to Texas at the end of August.

Even if Frank doesn't replicate his 2004 or 2003 numbers right away, the Sox should be able to ride his reputation and benefit from the psychological lift his return should bring.

This recent stretch ought to convince those who think everything's A-OK that it really isn't. The Sox still need lineup help. Hopefully Frank's the answer. But Crede, Everett, Dye, Uribe and even Podsednik and Pierzynski have been slumping badly this last week. If his return doesn't rub off on them, further changes are necessary.

Best Post recently !!!

Amen

Jurr
05-29-2005, 05:16 PM

Well said. A big, electric crowd, amped up about Frank's debut, plus Buehrle going......looks like it'll be the shot in the arm the boys need. Damn the West Coast. It always slows us down a spell.

BeviBall!
05-29-2005, 05:17 PM
First of all... we NEVER play well in Anaheim or Texas. 2-4 is almost a blessing.

Still have a nice lead over Minny.

Heading home for a spell with MB on the bump.

Now, the upcoming San Diego trip worries me... the Sox have to get back that swagger before we see the Padres. That is a swing series if ever there was one.

Fake Chet Lemon
05-29-2005, 05:18 PM
Thank goodness the Twins lost. If they had won like 8-0, I may have had a borderline chicken little post. I almost hate to score early in a game anymore. It seems like the offense relaxes and assumes the pitching will take them home. STOP DOING THAT! What happened to the days when we owned the 7th, 8th and 9th? Glad to get home and start a winning streak with Frank.

What's our record without The Hawk, doesn't seem too good!

Frater Perdurabo
Well said. A big, electric crowd, amped up about Frank's debut, plus Buehrle going......looks like it'll be the shot in the arm the boys need. Damn the West Coast. It always slows us down a spell.

Let's hope it's a shot in the arm AND a swift kick in the butt to this anemic offense.

TaylorStSox
Yawn. :dtroll:

I'll add .........:chickenlittle to that.

We just ran into the hottest team in the AL. We started a 21 year old prospect against them. Overall, the road trip wasn't bad. It wasn't good but we played damn close to .500 ball. There's nothing wrong with that.

We've known all along that we're never going to hit the ball. We have to play good defense and get good pitching. I'm not worried at all.

Jurr
05-29-2005, 05:19 PM
First of all... we NEVER play well in Anaheim or Texas. 2-4 is almost a blessing.

Still have a nice lead over Minny.

Heading home for a spell with MB on the bump.

Now, the upcoming San Diego trip worries me... the Sox have to get back that swagger before we see the Padres. That is a swing series if ever there was one.
Nothing cures what ails an offense like a three game trip to Colorado. Hopefully they kick the crap out of Colorado at Coors and get that good feeling back.
That is, after they get after the Angels and Toons at home.

BeviBall!
05-29-2005, 05:20 PM
Dye is the main problem... we have to get production out of that RF slot. Crede is what he is... he's gonna hit .240 and play solid defense. I can live with that.

What I can't live with is watching Dye make Belle look like Bonds. He saves a run with that catch on Blalock... then gives the run back 3 hitters later. I could bring up his .209 average as well... but what good would that do? He's a slow starter... fine. It's June now.

Jurr
By the way, Melton said that he's not sure Takatsu is worthy of a roster spot.

chisoxmike
A good homestand and a beating the Rockies should put things back in order... you never know though, the Angles are a tough team and beating them 2/3 at home will be a task... Cleveland always plays us tough, and the Sox have been beating bad teams so hopefully they can take 2/3 in Colorado.

This road trip was a wake up call for the Sox. Most of their hitters are still in a slump, and I think Crede and Uribe need to be broken up in that lineup. Much like Konerko and Dye were.

Jurr
05-29-2005, 05:22 PM
A good homestand and a beating the Rockies should put things back in order... you never know though, the Angles are a tough team and beating them 2/3 at home will be a task... Cleveland always plays us tough, and the Sox have been beating bad teams so hopefully they can take 2/3 in Colorado.

This road trip was a wake up call for the Sox. Most of their hitters are still in a slump, and I think Crede and Uribe need to be broken up in that lineup. Much like Konerko and Dye were.
Damn good call on that Uribe/Crede thing. Put Rowand in the middle of 'em, and see if that can help 'em out.

Fake Chet Lemon
05-29-2005, 05:23 PM
By the way, Melton said that he's not sure Takatsu is worthy of a roster spot.

Can we option him to the minors? And would he go?

cubhater77
05-29-2005, 05:23 PM
shingo and crede need to go. pauly loves that first pitch. i'd not let him swing on it. what scares me about thomas was he wasn't hitting .200 in the minors. trade him, get something in return since he'll be gone after this year anyway. a thomas shingo trade for a bat and another arm would help. our o is pathetic. hopefuly this is our worst streak of the season and it ends tomorrow. 9-10 our last 19 doesn't show me anything, other than we are in trouble.:(:

BeviBall!
05-29-2005, 05:26 PM
Can we option him to the minors? And would he go?

He's got a spot on this team. Shingo is fine... throwing him to the wolves was not a good idea. Texas can do no wrong... everybody got lit up.

And I think I know why they hit so well... it's because the lineup is the same everyday. Ozzie is falling back on another old Manuelism... the ever changing lineup. Pick one and stick with it already.

shoota
05-29-2005, 05:26 PM
Well, at least the Twins lost.

That's about the only thing positive to come out of today, because it sure wasn't Timo's AB. My grandma can look better than that at the plate.

At least the game had already been decided at that point. I was more upset with Crede's muff on the play with men on first and second, IIRC. Crede fielded a ball to his left and was in position to tag out the runner running right at him, then throw the ball to first for the double play. Crede got scared of the footsteps, muffed the grounder, and could only salvage one out over to first. If Crede made that play, there's two outs and a runner on second.

This is just another example proving why Crede is not the great defender some suggest he is. He can get to the balls hit near him, but his range is not great and he rarely makes an athletic play.

Oh, and Uribe can't let popups drop in short left field. I guess playing next to Crede can be contagious.

Very nice at bat by Crede early in the game with men on second and third and no outs. He took a high pitch and flied out to right, allowing one man to score and another to advance to third.

socko82
05-29-2005, 05:28 PM
If Uribe doesn't screw up the double play on Texiera in the 6th Garland's out of the inning with the lead. Instead he can't pitch over it and turns back into old Jon Garland.

BeviBall!
05-29-2005, 05:32 PM
If Uribe doesn't screw up the double play on Texiera in the 6th Garland's out of the inning with the lead. Instead he can't pitch over it and turns back into old Jon Garland.

This was the key moment. JG pitched over a situation similar to this the last time he faced Texas. The difference here is the Rangers are HOT. I still have no idea how they didn't turn that DP.

Fake Chet Lemon
05-29-2005, 05:32 PM
BTW, and I've been guilty of this in the past, I'm kind of getting sick of hearing we don't play well, in Oakland, and Anaheim, and Texas.......let's change this before more teams get added to the list.

Frater Perdurabo
05-29-2005, 05:33 PM
what scares me about thomas was he wasn't hitting .200 in the minors. trade him, get something in return since he'll be gone after this year anyway. a thomas shingo trade for a bat and another arm would help.

With all due respect, the Sox must NOT trade Frank right now. He has the best potential to be the bat they so desperately need. At this moment, he has more value to us than to any other team. Frank just had his "spring training" - and it wasn't even a full six-week "spring training."

Heaven Forbid, if in late September Frank is hitting like Dye has hit thus far, then it may be time to sever ties with him. Until such time, I implore the most anti-Frank Sox fans withhold judgment on him until he has an opportunity to produce.

Shingo has no value whatsoever, unless KW can find a National League GM who's willing to take a chance on lightning striking twice. NL hitters have not seen much of Shingo; he might be able to confuse them for a few months over there. But the Sox couldn't expect to get much more than a bench hitter or another middle reliever for him.

Jurr
05-29-2005, 05:35 PM
shingo and crede need to go. pauly loves that first pitch. i'd not let him swing on it. what scares me about thomas was he wasn't hitting .200 in the minors. trade him, get something in return since he'll be gone after this year anyway. a thomas shingo trade for a bat and another arm would help. our o is pathetic. hopefuly this is our worst streak of the season and it ends tomorrow. 9-10 our last 19 doesn't show me anything, other than we are in trouble.:(:
Well, people were talking about Konerko letting that first pitch fastball go by to get an 0-1 count instantly. That's what sucks about slumps. That first pitch you let go always comes right down the plate, and that one time you swing at the first pitch, it's something you shouldn't have chased.

TaylorStSox
05-29-2005, 05:35 PM

Since when has PK loved the first pitch? Saying that, makes everything you say in the future lack any credibility.

Fake Chet Lemon
05-29-2005, 05:36 PM
pauly loves that first pitch. i'd not let him swing on it. what scares me about thomas was he wasn't hitting .200 in the minors. trade him, .:(:

It was the 3rd or 4th, the two guys walked in front of him, and I believe Paulie swung at the first pitch for out #3. I was screaming my XM radio.

Frank hasn't played in a year. Once he gets locked in, throw out all of those previous minor league at bats. That .200 average means NOTHING. I just hope he is locked back in now.

MHOUSE
05-29-2005, 05:37 PM
Not a bad road trip guys. Look, we took 2 of 3 from the Cubs, split with the Angels, and had a tough time against the hottest offense in baseball. We're a little down right now, but with Buehrle going tomorrow and Frank returning soon, we'll be fine. Our offense just needs to bust out of this slump and the pitching will return to form too. The recent roster shake-ups probably haven't helped much, but we're getting two important bats back in Gload and Thomas. Three of games we lost (one to the Cubs, and two to the Angels) were by a combined 6 runs. The little breaks will start going our way again soon.

SoxFan48
05-29-2005, 05:39 PM
He's got a spot on this team. Shingo is fine...

What Shingo is doing does meet any definition of fine I have read recently.

infohawk
05-29-2005, 05:40 PM

I hope that Frank's presence in the line-up causes a "chain-reaction" that benefits the other hitters. Maybe guys will see more fastballs, pitchers will tire more quickley because Frank sees a lot of pitches, Frank draws walks so the guy behind him is hitting with someone on base, etc. If Frank alone cannot give them a lift, KW will most probably have to tweak the offense with a trade (which could happen anyway).

I also think that the Sox need one more really good option out of the bullpen for the stretch run.

Jurr
05-29-2005, 05:41 PM
Oh...9-10 against the teams we've been playing isn't too bad, especially since the team hasn't been hitting.
You had Texas, Anaheim, the Cubs (with their best pitchers), Anaheim and Texas again. That's a tough task, and the Sox pitched well enough to get nearly a split.
Good teams go .500 or so against the tough spots in the schedule and get their games over .500 against the teams they should beat.

The Sox handled the easier part of the schedule early, got out to a big lead, and they're maintaining the 15-19 over .500 pace while a tough part of the schedule is up. Things are okay.

BeviBall!
What Shingo is doing does meet any definition of fine I have read recently.

After his 2004, the man deserves the benefit of the doubt and the chance to right himself. Is there anyone on the team that escapes blame right now? No.

I get tired of hearing that we don't play well in certain cities too... but it's true. It's on Ozzie to put a stop to that crap... and I think he tried with the split in Anaheim.

Chisox003
Not a bad road trip guys. Look, we took 2 of 3 from the Cubs, split with the Angels, and had a tough time against the hottest offense in baseball. We're a little down right now, but with Buehrle going tomorrow and Frank returning soon, we'll be fine. Our offense just needs to bust out of this slump and the pitching will return to form too. The recent roster shake-ups probably haven't helped much, but we're getting two important bats back in Gload and Thomas. Three of games we lost (one to the Cubs, and two to the Angels) were by a combined 6 runs. The little breaks will start going our way again soon.

{steps back from ledge}

YA! We're still in 1st place, Twins lost today, and Big Frank and Duque return this week...Its all good

Jurr
05-29-2005, 05:43 PM
It was the 3rd or 4th, the two guys walked in front of him, and I believe Paulie swung at the first pitch for out #3. I was screaming my XM radio.

Frank hasn't played in a year. Once he gets locked in, throw out all of those previous minor league at bats. That .200 average means NOTHING. I just hope he is locked back in now.
They said that Frank's been concentrating on staying back and going opposite field, so he just hasn't been doing the normal Frank thing. He's been swinging the bat all through his rehab, and he's just tweaking some things while he's got a chance. He'll be fine once he gets up here.

ShoelessJoeS
05-29-2005, 05:46 PM
are we ever gonna see the 2004 version of shingo or is he going to continue to give up 8 longballs a game? it just seems like he has no confidence out on the mound

infohawk
05-29-2005, 05:49 PM

I've held back and tried to be patient, but I am really getting frustrated with Dye. Not hitting consistently is bad enough, but I can't stomach the defensive muffs. I didn't see today's game, but I understand he misplayed a ball or something?

BeviBall!
05-29-2005, 05:51 PM
I didn't see today's game, but I understand he misplayed a ball or something?

THe ball misplayed him.
:D:

crector
05-29-2005, 05:51 PM

Wow. The Sox have the best record in all of MLB, yet you write as if this is the worst team in MLB.

infohawk
05-29-2005, 05:52 PM
9-10 our last 19 doesn't show me anything, other than we are in trouble.:(:

Being an optomist, I will say that if bad baseball for the Sox means .500, I'll gladly take it. Usually bad baseball has meant playing way below .500. If we had played .500 ball during our worst stretches over the last few years we would have most probably won the division.

32nd&Wallace
05-29-2005, 05:53 PM
Farmer just said: "I hate losing to Schowalter". I'd love to win 5 of the next 4 that we play here. That's how much I hate to lose to him. Does Farmer have a past with Showalter?

shoota
05-29-2005, 05:56 PM
Is there anyone on the team that escapes blame right now? No.

Unanimously, Hermanson is without blame.

Iguchi is not deserving of any blame.

Ozuna has exceeded expectations. He needs to start at third.

Widger has exceeded expectations and doesn't deserve any blame.

Politte doesn't deserve much blame. Marte either.

Podsednik, though he's cooled off on this road trip, doesn't deserve to be blamed. Maybe it's no coincidence that since Podsednik has cooled off (start of the Cubs series?), the Sox have been one game under .500. Small sample size yes, but a pretty obvious statement since Pods is the catalyst of this team.

infohawk
05-29-2005, 05:58 PM
Is there anyone on the team that escapes blame right now? No.

Iguchi. :tongue:

BeviBall!
05-29-2005, 06:02 PM

Podsednik, though he's cooled off on this road trip, doesn't deserve to be blamed. Maybe it's no coincidence that since Podsednik has cooled off (start of the Cubs series?), the Sox have been one game under .500. Small sample size yes, but a pretty obvious statement since Pods is the catalyst of this team.

Obviously, Hermanson... but I'm talking our "everyday" players. Gooch gets a pass because he's had more clutch hits this season than everyone else combined.

Pods has to stop taking so many called strikes... and you're right about him. As he goes, the Sox go. But we can't afford to give him a night off... the lack of depth on this team is really showing now. Although, Ozuna wasn't awful in LF. Let's get Hurt and Gload back up here and make another run.

infohawk
05-29-2005, 06:03 PM
Wow. The Sox have the best record in all of MLB, yet you write as if this is the worst team in MLB.

We have high standards. In fact, the season's automatically a bust if we lose a game.

ShoelessJoeS
05-29-2005, 06:04 PM
Let's get Hurt and Gload back up here and make another run.

amen.

infohawk
05-29-2005, 06:07 PM

Seriously, someone on these boards should come up with some kind of a graphic we can use when we want to make someone, or several players, a goat. Something like a "blame brig" so we can "arrest" the offending players and throw them behind bars. I would do it, but I don't know how. There are several folks that would eventually have the entire team locked up!!!

TaylorStSox
05-29-2005, 06:19 PM
It's your body of work. Not just one specific post.

seanpmurphy
05-29-2005, 06:22 PM
1.) Oh my God, the Sox finished a road trip consisting of 2 teams battling at the top of their division roughly around .500, let's start trading everyone! I love the (lack of) logic around here sometimes. Going .500 against 2 good teams that are definitely locked in "must win" mode cause they're fighting it out for their division spot is not a bad thing. It's not like we went .500 travelling through Detroit and Kansas City.

2.) Good comment about Pods. This week? 0 stolen bases.

3.) Crede? UGH. Put Ozuna in already. I'm jumping on the bandwagon. As for Uribe, maybe his 3-4 day will be the spark that ignites his hot streak. Also, probably wrong here, but can't Gload play the OF as well as 1B? Can he play right so we can get Dye out of there? Please Gload, please?

4.) No more excuses. I'm tired of this "oh we always do bad on the west coast." Spoken like a true loser. A winner will find a way to not do bad anywhere if he can. I give props to Ozzie for walking away from this .500 despite our terrible hitting.

5.) I think getting our butts handed to us in a few games is a good thing. We've been riding high in 1st place ALL SEASON. It's time someone brought us back down to earth to let the Sox know that they still have to work like everyone else in the league to maintain a record like that...and we will.

6.) It was a tough trip in the first place. Long flights, late nights, rain delays. The Sox aren't super heroes (well, you know what I mean :smile: ) and all that travel and stuff does take a toll on a person's body. Keep faith, Sox Pride, this season is far from over just cause we had a "bad" road trip.

Ok, I think that's all that I needed tosay unless someone wants to add. Go Sox.

buehrle4cy05
05-29-2005, 06:24 PM
This "losing streak" has come against the AL-West leading Angels, and the Rangers, who have won 8 in a row now. It could most definetly be worse, the Sox could have lost three straight to Minnesota. It's time to panic if they get swept by the Twins in September and they were only up a game or two, not in late May when they still are up 3.5 games on the Twinkies.

white sox bill
05-29-2005, 06:30 PM
Hopefully I'm not copying someone elses thread, but we just won first series,split second one and lost last one. We are 1-1-1 as they say in hockey. Things could be much worse

RowandKicksAss07
05-29-2005, 06:42 PM
I dont know if anyone else heard on the radio (im not sure if it was WMVP or WSCR) but that eric chavez would be available because the A's are absolutely pathetic...Wouldnt Eric Chavez be an upgrade over the .230 hitting Joe Crede. Granted Chavez is off to a slow start, he always is amazing in the second-half, plus he's a left handed power hitter that can be a boost to our middle of the order. I'm not in favor of breaking up team chemistry, and it sounds like Joe Crede is a likeable guy, so that is a draw back to the deal. Thoughts anyone?

ShoelessJoeS
05-29-2005, 06:45 PM
I dont know if anyone else heard on the radio (im not sure if it was WMVP or WSCR) but that eric chavez would be available because the A's are absolutely pathetic...Wouldnt Eric Chavez be an upgrade over the .230 hitting Joe Crede. Granted Chavez is off to a slow start, he always is amazing in the second-half, plus he's a left handed power hitter that can be a boost to our middle of the order. I'm not in favor of breaking up team chemistry, and it sounds like Joe Crede is a likeable guy, so that is a draw back to the deal. Thoughts anyone?

not a move the sox are likely to make, he makes way too much and crede makes way too....well he doesnt make much

Jurr
05-29-2005, 06:45 PM
There's 8.5 million reasons why that deal probably won't go through.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-29-2005, 07:04 PM
Farmer was ripping on Showalter at the end of the game. He said he hopes we take 5 of the next 4 from Texas.

:farmer
"Imagine if the jerk was Canadian!"

Losing to Chan Ho Park is pretty pathetic. Man that guys sucks... Thank God Frank is coming back. The Sox line up needs a shake up.

RKMeibalane
05-29-2005, 07:05 PM
Farmer was ripping on Showalter at the end of the game. He said he hopes we take 5 of the next 4 from Texas.

Why was Farmer ripping Showalter?

RowandKicksAss07
05-29-2005, 07:08 PM
There's 8.5 million reasons why that deal probably won't go through.

I didn't mean a Crede dor Chavez deal straight up...there would be others involved, possibly "cough" brandon mccarthy

nasox
05-29-2005, 07:08 PM

:farmer
"Imagine if the jerk was Canadian!"

Losing to Chan Ho Park is pretty pathetic. Man that guys sucks... Thank God Frank is coming back. The Sox line up needs a shake up.

:jerry

"Did somebody say my name?"

batmanZoSo
05-29-2005, 07:23 PM

I've never seen a team fail to drive 2-0 and 3-1 fastballs with such regularity. Park is so wild, I'm lost as to how he's 4-1 (or 5-1 if he got the win today).

JB98
05-29-2005, 07:42 PM
I didn't mean a Crede dor Chavez deal straight up...there would be others involved, possibly "cough" brandon mccarthy

There's a whole thread about this over in What's The Score, and no, I don't think .217-hitting Chavez is an upgrade over Crede.

Jesus. Today's game was bad enough. This thread is even worse. Trade Frank. Release Shingo. Put Ozuna at third. The old Garland has returned. All this stuff is a steaming pile of crap as far as I'm concerned.

We've had a bad week. We've lost five of seven, and we look a little road-weary. The guys are coming home, and Frank has been recalled at just the right time. Hopefully, that plus Buerhle on the mound plus a nice Memorial Day crowd will put us back on track. We win tomorrow, and all this crap will go away.

Yes, we may need to add another bat to our lineup through a trade, but let's see how the club looks with Frank back in his customary third spot before we go jumping to conclusions. Patience, my friends, patience.

seanpmurphy
05-29-2005, 07:56 PM
What's wrong with at least trying Ozuna at 3B?

JB98
05-29-2005, 08:10 PM

Defensively, he's an accident waiting to happen. This guy has been a career minor-leaguer. Everyone is just in love with him because they think the grass is always greener on the other side.

But I know how it is every time we lose three in a row. Tinker, tinker. I don't even like Crede, and I'm saying we should stick with him. Every time we lose a freakin' game, he, Cotts and Timo Perez are somehow to blame.

Why put Ozuna at 3B? Why not RF? Dye sucks too. Hell, why not DH him? Everett isn't doing anything either. There's a lot of guys on our team who are sucking at the plate. Everyone just automatically points a finger at Crede for some reason. IMO, Crede is doing exactly what we expect of him: .240 with occasional power. It's the underachievers elsewhere in the lineup that are killing us.

BeviBall!
05-29-2005, 08:16 PM
Crede's lack of emotion plays a role, methinks. He's mastered the one-handed slam of the bat after an infield popup... that's it.

It all goes back to that AB in Oakland... that HBP is his Torii Hunter.

mikehuff
05-29-2005, 08:16 PM
You know what guys, we knew this stretch was going to be tough.
We have Baltimore, Texas, Cubs, Angels, Texas, Angels.
Twins have Texas, Toronto, Milwaukee, Cleveland, Toronto, Cleveland.

Now we're still going through this, but we're still hanging on. We're back home and things will start getting better. The good thing is that we are getting Frank back tomorrow and you know we're going to pick up a bat before the deadline.

The next stretch we have Cleveland and Colorado while the Twins have the Yankees and Arizona.

MRKARNO
05-29-2005, 09:06 PM
Well the Sox have fallen back to earth a little bit and that was to be expected, but they have played very well on the whole for the entire year so far and despite going 6-8, still have the best record in baseball and a winning percentage that projects to 107 wins.

That being said, the excuse-making stops tomorrow. I've given them a pass on their recent struggles because of how well they had done up until then, but it's time to prove that they're not just going to try and live off that hot start for the rest of the year and hope that it holds up, because it will not.

Splitting with good teams like Baltimore and Anaheim and losing two on the road to a Texas team that wasnt going to get beat by anyone is definitely acceptable, but they really have to pick it up again with Thomas's return. The only team that we should not be expected to beat is San Diego at PETCO Park because they've been slaughtering everyone there, but even Anaheim and Arizona at home we should be taking 2 of 3 from.

Here are the facts about tomorrow:

-Buehrle has a 2.27 ERA in the month of May, a 1.79 ERA at home and a 1.40 ERA during day games. Despite an 120 pitch outing last start, he is going on 5 days rest.

-The White Sox face a lefty in Jarrod Washburn. The Sox have hit left-handers extremely well this year, to the point where they have the best BA and OPS against lefties in the AL.

-Frank Thomas is making his triumphant return.

If they cannot leave this losing streak at 3 games and they lose tomorrow, then something is clearly wrong and they deserve criticism. If they win, then I will feel a lot better about the team.

In retrospect that rainout was probably a good thing, because I think they would have gotten swept in 3 as opppsed to swept in two based on our mini-slump and Texas's hot-hitting ways.

TaylorStSox
05-29-2005, 09:41 PM
Crede's lack of emotion plays a role, methinks. He's mastered the one-handed slam of the bat after an infield popup... that's it.

It all goes back to that AB in Oakland... that HBP is his Torii Hunter.

What does emotion have to do with anything? Some guys just don't get fired up. 35 is a quiet guy. Hell, the only time he gets fired up is if he thinks an ump blew a 3rd strike call. One of the best players in our history never said a word. He's on the bench and still doesn't. Haaaarold!!!

samram
05-29-2005, 09:56 PM

What's wrong is he's bad. See, he's not going to hit so much better than Crede (actually, he would probably be worse) that he makes up for the drop-off in defense that would definitely occur. I know the guy's had injuries in the past, but there's a reason he's not starting for some team- he's not that good.

Lip Man 1
05-29-2005, 10:19 PM
Karno:

Some valid points. I'm just happy the Twins lost today and the Sox were rained out Saturday. It could have been worse.

As far as this week the Angels are no pushovers and last I looked the Indians were back to within a few games of .500. It's not going to be an easy week or as easy as I think, you think, it's going to be.

Behing back at home helps, having Frank back helps a lot but they still need to get back to winning. 9-10 I think in their last 19 games.

Lip

Cubbiesuck13
05-29-2005, 10:24 PM
Defensively, he's an accident waiting to happen. This guy has been a career minor-leaguer. Everyone is just in love with him because they think the grass is always greener on the other side.

But I know how it is every time we lose three in a row. Tinker, tinker. I don't even like Crede, and I'm saying we should stick with him. Every time we lose a freakin' game, he, Cotts and Timo Perez are somehow to blame.

Why put Ozuna at 3B? Why not RF? Dye sucks too. Hell, why not DH him? Everett isn't doing anything either. There's a lot of guys on our team who are sucking at the plate. Everyone just automatically points a finger at Crede for some reason. IMO, Crede is doing exactly what we expect of him: .240 with occasional power. It's the underachievers elsewhere in the lineup that are killing us.

I agree with you somewhat. Ozuna is doing a heck of a job coming of the bench just like Widger is doing a heck of a job giving AJ a day off here and there. Putting Ozuna at 3B is as silly as puting Widger at DH.

What I don't understand is the tinker tinker tinker part. Guys can't play everyday and need days off especially on a west coast trips. Tinkering would be if the Oz was swaping the order around when everyone was hitting fine. Clearly, something has to give and he is trying to get Uribe hot as well as spell Crede. We all know how he has been handling Iguchi and it seems to be paying off. I don't see many mistakes he has made making the lineup from day to day especially when the best hitter is on the DL.

BeviBall!
05-29-2005, 10:35 PM
What does emotion have to do with anything? Some guys just don't get fired up. 35 is a quiet guy. Hell, the only time he gets fired up is if he thinks an ump blew a 3rd strike call. One of the best players in our history never said a word. He's on the bench and still doesn't. Haaaarold!!!

I'm saying his lack of emotion makes him an easier target for ridicule.

MRKARNO
05-29-2005, 11:01 PM
Karno:

Some valid points. I'm just happy the Twins lost today and the Sox were rained out Saturday. It could have been worse.

As far as this week the Angels are no pushovers and last I looked the Indians were back to within a few games of .500. It's not going to be an easy week or as easy as I think, you think, it's going to be.

Behing back at home helps, having Frank back helps a lot but they still need to get back to winning. 9-10 I think in their last 19 games.

Lip

I agree that the Angels are no pushovers, but we should pound their lefty as we have all season long and take one of the remaining two games. The Indians are not bad, but if we're really one of the better teams in baseball, 2 of 3 again should not be a problem.

It definitely could have been worse, but Roy Halladay saved the day from being an utter disaster and yes the rainout did help (also in that we have an extra game with Frank Thomas).

White Sox Josh
05-29-2005, 11:07 PM
guys the sky is falling. We've lost three in a row. Now we can only go 145-17. CRAP!!!!!!!!111

:fireozzie
:chickenlittle
:corpseball
:selljerry

Cubbiesuck13
05-29-2005, 11:22 PM
I'm saying his lack of emotion makes him an easier target for ridicule.

How does that hurt him as a player?

Viva Medias B's
05-29-2005, 11:31 PM

A 4-5 road trip from Wrigley to Anaheim to Arlington is a successful road trip based upon the standards we set the past few seasons going to those venues. The only concern I have is the fact the Minnesota is still right there in the rear view mirror.

I simply got over my disappointment from the loss by watching that Coca-Cola 600 tonight. What a race!

A. Cavatica
05-29-2005, 11:33 PM
I am on the pessimistic side, as this board goes.

We did not look good on this trip.

Yet I am completely (and irrationally?) confident that we're going to sweep the Angels. Buehrle, Garcia, Contreras at home; Thomas returning; and a lot to prove.

In fact, I'm more worried that we'll get overconfident before the Indians series and drop two of three. But we have an off day Thursday, and that might help us keep focus.

Bring on the Halos.

BeviBall!
05-30-2005, 12:10 AM
How does that hurt him as a player?

Did I say it did? My point is that if Joe showed a little more emotion, perhaps he wouldn't be PE #1. Sorry if that was unclear.

Brian26
05-30-2005, 01:41 AM
There's a whole thread about this over in What's The Score, and no, I don't think .217-hitting Chavez is an upgrade over Crede.

Chavez is a huge upgrade over Crede. Chavez is way better than the .217 average right now.

ShoelessJoeS
05-30-2005, 01:43 AM
Chavez is a huge upgrade over Crede. Chavez is way better than the .217 average right now.

hes also way too expensive for .217

FarWestChicago
05-30-2005, 01:49 AM
Chavez is a huge upgrade over Crede. Chavez is way better than the .217 average right now.You don't know that. He must do something post-BALCO to prove it. He plays on the biggest 'roiding team since East Germany fell. Let's see what he can do in a tested league.

ShoelessJoeS
05-30-2005, 01:56 AM
You don't know that. He must do something post-BALCO to prove it. He plays on the biggest 'roiding team since East Germany fell. Let's see what he can do in a tested league.

excellent point, i never really looked at it that way

WhiteSoxFan84
05-30-2005, 02:06 AM
I'll probably get jumped for saying this, but I've been saying it for a while now and I got more support for my campaign today; SHINGO MUST GO!

IMO, he's lost the flash he had last year. Hitters have picked up on his pitches and are not scared of him anymore nor is he a mystery anymore. If the Cubs can get Jerome Williams AND another minor league prospect for LaTroy Hawkins, we should be able to get something comparable to that considering Shingo was a lot better last year.

Replacements for Shingo within the organization....

Does anyone see what 27 year-old Jeff Bajernu is doing in AAA?
24.2 IP, 1.09 ERA, 12 H, 15 BB (kind of high), 25 Ks, 4 SVs.

How about 26 year-old Ryan Meaux from in AA?
36 IP, 2.00 ERA, 12 H, 7 BB, 38 K

Staying in AA, how about either moving Bobby Jenks up to AAA or even giving him a shot in the majors?

Just a few suggestions. My post now ends and the attacks begin right... about.....

Nellie_Fox
05-30-2005, 02:56 AM
He plays on the biggest 'roiding team since East Germany fell. Great line.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-30-2005, 08:50 AM
You don't know that. He must do something post-BALCO to prove it. He plays on the biggest 'roiding team since East Germany fell. Let's see what he can do in a tested league.

I wonder if Eric Chavez might become a world-class women's swimmer?

:redface:

RKMeibalane
05-30-2005, 08:52 AM
I wonder if Eric Chavez might become a world-class women's swimmer?

:redface:

Maybe that shouldn't be in teal. Now that he's off the 'roids, we might see him in next years SI Swimsuit Issue, listed as Erica Chavez. :D:

tstrike2000
05-30-2005, 08:55 AM
Maybe that shouldn't be in teal. Now that he's off the 'roids, we might see him in next years SI Swimsuit Issue, listed as Erica Chavez. :D:

The sad part is, I'd probably still take Erica Chavez at third base over Joe Crede.

RKMeibalane
05-30-2005, 09:05 AM
The sad part is, I'd probably still take Erica Chavez at third base over Joe Crede.

At this point, I'd rather see Jeannie Finch out there. At least she's easy on the eyes. Crede has been brutal for a long time.

shoota
05-30-2005, 09:52 AM

:rolling:

Bisco Stu
05-30-2005, 10:48 AM
Didn't read the whole thread, not sure it was posted, but did ya notice we lost the last game of every series on the road trip and all 3 we should have won, even Sunday, if Garland was on his game.

Looking forward to a 180 turnaround back in the Cell with Frank's presence to build confidence and Frank's uncanny ability for getting on base consistently as well as any player in MLB save Bonds.

White Sox Josh
05-30-2005, 11:16 AM
I think everyone should calm down about this 3 game losing streak. I think this game was just a game that everyone should forget about and move on.

1. The offense will come to life more with Frank coming back and I think KW knows that if Crede doesn't pick it up, than he will have to trade for a Joe Randa.

2. Garland had his first really bad outing this year. I think that both he and Shingo will be fine. They both were pitching well before this outing.

3. Give credit when credit is due. Texas is one hell of a team and if they can get decent pitching than they will be in the playoffs. That lineup is awesome.

starboy0
05-30-2005, 11:32 AM
NOBODY was going to beat Texas today.