PDA

View Full Version : Standing O

MERPER
05-29-2005, 03:25 PM
A WSI'er suggested around the time of the steroid hearings that when Frank does return, the Cell should rise as one and give him a standing ovation for being true to the game and laying off the roids, thus making us proud....

I think this should be done and all WSI'ers should lead the way, when he comes to bat for the first time and Honda says "Now Batting... 35... Frank.. Thomas" we should all lead the way and urge everyone else to get up as well and welcome the Big Man back...

batmanZoSo
05-29-2005, 03:43 PM
I don't think we need to worry about that, he'll be getting one tomorrow. Then it's time to showcase him for summer trades.

ShoelessJoeS
05-29-2005, 06:31 PM
A WSI'er suggested around the time of the steroid hearings that when Frank does return, the Cell should rise as one and give him a standing ovation for being true to the game and laying off the roids, thus making us proud....

I think this should be done and all WSI'ers should lead the way, when he comes to bat for the first time and Honda says "Now Batting... 35... Frank.. Thomas" we should all lead the way and urge everyone else to get up as well and welcome the Big Man back...

ill be there cheering on the big man til my hands start to bleed

BRDSR
05-29-2005, 06:59 PM
Can't wait. Very excited that he's coming back tomorrow and that I have tickets.
I hope he doesn't get off to a really slow start at the major league level. Even if he bats .250 for a couple months his walks will help this offense and his presence will help Konerko and Dye/Everett.

And hey, I finally have a WSI Personality! How does everyone like it?

JohnBasedowYoda
05-29-2005, 06:59 PM
I don't think we need to worry about that, he'll be getting one tomorrow. Then it's time to showcase him for summer trades.

allow me to correct your post kind sir.....

it should read "summer tirades"

skobabe8
05-29-2005, 07:27 PM
Can't wait. Very excited that he's coming back tomorrow and that I have tickets.
I hope he doesn't get off to a really slow start at the major league level. Even if he bats .250 for a couple months his walks will help this offense and his presence will help Konerko and Dye/Everett.

And hey, I finally have a WSI Personality! How does everyone like it?

:supernana:

Rocklive99
05-29-2005, 08:09 PM
There's no doubt he'll get a nice reception, I just hope he's starting. Either way, he's been around and about before the game singing and talking to fans when I have gotten to the games earlier in the past years

Frater Perdurabo
05-29-2005, 08:10 PM

Even if he only hits .250, that's still significantly better than Konerko, Dye and Everett.

BeviBall!
05-29-2005, 08:11 PM
I can't wait to see his 5 second Comcast video bumper for when he's leading off the next inning. I wonder if Greg Norton will have one sometime this year?

WikdChiSoxFan
05-29-2005, 08:34 PM

Standing Ovation before ...and after his homerun...cause seriously...I can't think of an event more deserving of the word inevitable.

Ol' No. 2
05-29-2005, 08:36 PM

I think this should be done and all WSI'ers should lead the way, when he comes to bat for the first time and Honda says "Now Batting... 35... Frank.. Thomas" we should all lead the way and urge everyone else to get up as well and welcome the Big Man back...This is pretty much a foregone conclusion. Of more interest is what will Nancy play when he comes up to bat?

"Welcome back"?

Rocklive99
05-29-2005, 08:38 PM
I think he usually picks out a popular rap song, probably from 50 cent or something

Chisox003
05-29-2005, 08:39 PM
If he doesnt get a standing ovation, I will stand up and walk out of the park

That said, I highly doubt that I have anything to worry about...The park should rock when "Fraaaaaaank Thomas" is announced

Should be a good crowd too....Welcome back Frank :gulp:

Edit: I wont stand up and walk out, Ill already be standing...Ill just walk out :wink:

mike squires
05-29-2005, 08:43 PM
It would be ablsolutely awesome if he pulls a Bo Jackson and cranks one into the bleachers. It'll be nice just to see the big man in the box again. I'll be the first one standing. I can't wait. What are the odds of him coming back on a game I go to. I LOVE IT!

milrtyme28
05-30-2005, 04:01 AM
I will be there to get as loud as I can - I cant wait for Gene Honda's intro - IIll get goosebumps when I hear BATTING THIRD<THE DESIGNATED HITTER< NUMBER 35, FRANK THOMAS!!!!!!

:) :supernana: :) :supernana: :supernana: :) :cool: :D:

nasox
05-30-2005, 04:09 AM
Should be a sellout, memorial day, frank coming back, sox in first, best record in baseball, hopefully nice weather. Damn! :bandance:

chisox
05-30-2005, 07:50 AM
he's been around and about before the game singing and talking to fans

it's great when the big guy gets out there before the game and belts out a couple songs. i hear he does a great bonnie tyler. :redneck

seriously though. it'll be great to have him out. i really hope he provides the shot in the arm that we need.

Sxy Mofo
05-30-2005, 12:04 PM
Living out of market and being too poor for mlb extra innings and whatever, I'm extremely happy I'll get to see his first game back.

Go frank. take some names.

Sox of White
05-30-2005, 12:07 PM
I will be there to get as loud as I can - I cant wait for Gene Honda's intro - IIll get goosebumps when I hear BATTING THIRD<THE DESIGNATED HITTER< NUMBER 35, FRANK THOMAS!!!!!!

:) :supernana: :) :supernana: :supernana: :) :cool: :D:

I just got chills thinking about it.

kevingrt
05-30-2005, 12:10 PM
Could be one of the biggest applauses ever at the Cell when Frank steps to the palte batting in that #3 spot today. Should be a sight to remember! Maybe he can light some firworks off sometime today too?

Kuzman
05-30-2005, 12:40 PM
ill be there to take the remaining roof off of the cell this afternoon! Lets go Frank!!!