PDA

View Full Version : Lineup

SOXit2EM
05-29-2005, 01:20 PM
Which lineup do you think we should go with when Frank returns? I think we should go with this one......vs. Righties..Pods, Iguchi, Frank, Konerko, AJ, Rowand, Dye, Crede, Uribe....vs. Lefties....Pods, Iguchi, Rowand, Frank, Everett, Konerko, Widger, Crede, Uribe....I think Everett does pose a major problem as he doesn't hit righties very well, and the whole team seems to kill lefties!! except for Konerko & Dye, who isn't killing anyone, so i propose we start Everett in right when a lefty pitches to give him at bats. Of course what about Gload, where does he fit in??? Ozzie is going to have his hands full w/ this bench :o:

Frater Perdurabo
05-29-2005, 03:35 PM
Pods and Gooch are givens. Although I prefer Frank batting third, Rowand seemed to excel when he batted there. Plus, Frank will produce no matter where he hits, so he might as well bat cleanup. I like Paulie batting fifth or even sixth, to get AJ higher up in the order against righties. So, here's what I would do:

Vs. RHP: Pods (LF), Iguchi (2B), Rowand (CF), Frank (DH), AJ (C), Paulie (1B), Dye (RF), Crede (3B), Uribe (SS)

Everett also could get some AB as DH against pitchers against whom Frank struggles.

Vs. LHP: Pods (CF), Iguchi (2B), Rowand (RF), Frank (DH), Paulie (1B), Everett (LF), Widger (C), Crede (3B), Uribe (SS)

batmanZoSo
05-29-2005, 04:15 PM
Who makes the **** lineups? Us? No! Don't worry about it. :cool:

RKMeibalane
05-29-2005, 05:18 PM
Aaron Rowand is not a number-three hitter.

ShoelessJoeS
05-29-2005, 05:22 PM

nor should he bat 7th behind dye

Jurr
05-29-2005, 05:57 PM
He was pretty damn good there last year. But, that was after the wheels fell off for the Sox.

balke
05-29-2005, 06:02 PM

He hasn't gotten runners home all year, and he has some pretty good runners in front of him. He's just not Rowand from last year, the critics were right. I wouldn't mind him in the 3 spot when Frank comes back to see if he can get on base, and Frank can get him home... but this team may want to find a real #3 to play third before the playoffs.

Edit: or they could get a real #4 behind Frank. Either way, another hitter without sacrificing useable pitchers would be a huge blessing to the sox. Although I think they'll continue to win with the lineup just having Frank in the 3, and Konerko in the 4. Or Rowand 3, frank 4, PK 5. However it works out, things are looking even more up for the sox.

RKMeibalane
05-29-2005, 06:04 PM
He hasn't gotten runners home all year, and he has some pretty good runners in front of him. He's just not Rowand from last year, the critics were right. I wouldn't mind him in the 3 spot when Frank comes back to see if he can get on base, and Frank can get him home... but this team may want to find a real #3 to play third before the playoffs.

I'd rather see Frank in the number-three spot, in order to maximize his at-bats. It would be nice for the Sox to have a lot of 2-0 and 3-0 leads after the first inning as the season goes on.

guillen4life13
05-29-2005, 06:06 PM

Neither was Robbie Alomar.

Daver
05-29-2005, 06:07 PM

Yeah, but the Sox won't get him out of retirement until late June.

RKMeibalane
05-29-2005, 06:10 PM

He's no longer with the ballclub, though I do expect him back anytime.

voodoochile
05-29-2005, 06:21 PM
nor should he bat 7th behind dye

Why not? At least Dye has been showing signs of life recently.

batmanZoSo
05-29-2005, 06:31 PM
It's okay if Thomas starts off slow with power and run production, as long as he's getting on base a lot. Thomas' return couldn't have come at a better time. I'm excited to see what Iguchi can do batting in front of Frank. He's batted .302 with 23 rbis up to this point. Imagine him seeing more fastballs now. :o:

The one negative I see is Konerko having a ton of GIDP opportunities with Frank on first base all the time with walks. Hopefully what happens is Konerko starts hitting like he's capable, largely because of Frank's presence. Then we won't see too many grounders to the shortstop, instead it'll be gappers and homers.

FarWestChicago
05-29-2005, 06:32 PM
Then we won't see too many grounders to the shortstop, instead it'll be gappers and homers.Damnit!! We don't have a Deep Pink Police tag. :D:

White Sox Josh
05-29-2005, 06:50 PM
My Lineup

1. Pods
2. Iguchi
3. Rowand
4. Frank
5. Konerko
6. Dye
7. Pierzynski
8. Crede
9. Uribe

White Sox Josh
05-29-2005, 06:51 PM
Yeah, but the Sox won't get him out of retirement until late June.that should be in teal. Hopefully that doesn't happen.

batmanZoSo
05-29-2005, 06:53 PM
Damnit!! We don't have a Deep Pink Police tag. :D:

Well he is due isn't he? If I could bet when Konerko would return it would be in the very near future. He may not, but we'll see.

FarWestChicago
05-29-2005, 07:00 PM
Well he is due isn't he? If I could bet when Konerko would return it would be in the very near future. He may not, but we'll see.I hope he hits his good half year soon, too.

Ol' No. 2
05-29-2005, 07:04 PM
I'd rather see Frank in the number-three spot, in order to maximize his at-bats. It would be nice for the Sox to have a lot of 2-0 and 3-0 leads after the first inning as the season goes on.The difference in AB between adjacent lineup spots is generally overestimated. It works out to only 18 AB per year. I'd like to give Aaron a shot at hitting #3 ahead of Frank Thomas. Konerko has been hitting better lately and I'd like to have him 5th. He's the best protection for Frank that they have. AJ, Dye, Crede and Uribe fill out the lineup. Keep it the same whether they're facing lefties or righties.

chisoxmike
05-30-2005, 12:48 AM
1.Podsednik
2.Iguchi
3.Konerko
4.Thomas
5.Pierzynski
6.Dye
7.Crede
8.Rowand
9.Uribe

ShoelessJoeS