PDA

View Full Version : Even in Rome

depy48
05-29-2005, 09:20 AM
So here i am, studying abroad in Rome.... (which is amazing)

anyways, there are only two tv stations that are in english, mtv and cnn

so i have been watching a lot of cnn, and today in "world sport" they show american baseball, and wouldnt you know it the only highlights they show are the cubs-rockies, and redsox-yankees. For a second there i was excited, that mayed the whitesox would get some airtime... international style.

Kevin
05-29-2005, 12:14 PM
I spent a while over there last year and they mainly focused on the Cardinals and Yankees from what I saw. But overall, their main focus was the NBA off-season. It was murder waiting for the Sox score to go across the screen every day.

bartmanisgod
05-31-2005, 11:41 AM
So here i am, studying abroad in Rome.... (which is amazing)

anyways, there are only two tv stations that are in english, mtv and cnn

so i have been watching a lot of cnn, and today in "world sport" they show american baseball, and wouldnt you know it the only highlights they show are the cubs-rockies, and redsox-yankees. For a second there i was excited, that mayed the whitesox would get some airtime... international style.

Where in Rome are you studying? I just got back, after being there 6 months. I was with the Loyola Rome Center.

34 Inch Stick
05-31-2005, 11:56 AM
I spent a full year at LURC in the early 90's. The greatest year of my life.

maurice
05-31-2005, 12:43 PM
LURC puts you within walking distance of "The Assassin" restaurant.

No menu + no English speakers = my kind of place.

ChiFabulous1
05-31-2005, 02:08 PM
I know some one who just left for Rome via Loyola.

I was to rome on vacation about 6 years ago, the ancient ruins take your breath away.

Have fun go nuts and do as the romans do.

miker
06-02-2005, 12:10 PM
today in "world sport" they show american baseball, and wouldnt you know it the only highlights they show are the cubs-rockies, and redsox-yankees.

Wow! Cubs, BoSox and Yank-mes. It's just like being back home.

NonetheLoaiza
06-02-2005, 03:17 PM
Sometimes you just have to say, 'when in Rome'...