PDA

View Full Version : Return of the Big Hurt

RKMeibalane
05-29-2005, 09:05 AM
A long time ago, on a baseball diamond far, far away...

SOX WARS

RETURN OF THE BIG HURT

It is a time of hope and celebration on the South Side. After a prolonged absence, slugger Frank Thomas returns to the White Sox lineup, determined to lead his team to the championship that has alluded them for so many years.

Many things have changed in Thomas' absence, however. Traditional baseball powers New York and Boston have faltered, opening the door for the surprising Baltimore Orioles to gain possession of the American League East.

What has not changed, however, is the ongoing rivalry between the Sox and the Minnesota Twins. In spite of the Sox amazing start, their rivals from the north remain in close pursuit. Should the Big Hurt falter in his return, it could spell certain doom for the Chicago White Sox and their fans, who want desperately to return the World Series trophy to the South Side.

batmanZoSo
05-29-2005, 02:05 PM
The AL doesn't know the powa' of the Dark Side.

Baby Fisk
05-30-2005, 12:58 PM
Please, PLEASE: no schmarmy love scenes!

RKMeibalane
05-30-2005, 01:05 PM
Please, PLEASE: no schmarmy love scenes!

There won't be, unless you count Frank hugging and kissing the World Series trophy as a love scene.

whitesoxwilkes
05-30-2005, 01:13 PM
Might be your best post ever, RK. Nicely done.

Here's hoping the umpires don't strike back.

Groan.

:bandance:

SoxWillWin
05-30-2005, 01:43 PM
:thumbsup:I love it:thumbsup:

soxfanreggie
05-30-2005, 01:50 PM
I have a feeling that if Frank got ahold of the World Series trophy after the Sox won it; it would be like Jordan cradling that thing not letting it go. Now, I think you could wrestle it away from Jordan, but I don't know many people who could wrestle it away from Big Frank. I would let the man have his sweet time with it.

:D:

But first, let's win it. The first thing we need...maybe a move or two in the bullpen. I have a sad feeling this is something we will be addressing rather soon anyway, so why not do it now? Do we go to the minors and pull up Jeff B.(who has done pretty darn well down there and let Vizcaino or Shingo get their heads on straight and call them back up once they're ready)? Or do we bring in someone new?

soltrain21
05-30-2005, 01:53 PM
I have always thought the WS trophy looked pretty breakable. Here is to hoping Frank proves me right. Hug it like there is no tomorrow, big guy!

Kogs35
05-30-2005, 01:53 PM
Frank bring us A NEW HOPE :tongue: :bandance:

voodoochile
05-30-2005, 02:03 PM
Do or do not... There is no try...

GO FRANK!

GO SOX!

skobabe8
05-30-2005, 02:06 PM
Fantastic post, RK. Now if one of you computer wizards out there can make a mini movie, THAT would be awesome. :D:

Reminds me of 83
05-30-2005, 04:10 PM
Broadcast just started for todays game. Big crowd on hand to see the return of the BIG HURT.

Beautiful Day, Buehrle on the hill and Big Frank back to where he belongs.

I should be there!!!

Lets Go Sox!!!

Bisco Stu
05-30-2005, 04:27 PM
Trivia time: Can anyone name the team/year in pro sports that used Star Wars as a theme/metaphor during their championship season?