PDA

View Full Version : Thomas to rejoin Sox on Monday

NSSoxFan
05-28-2005, 11:06 PM
The Snore is reporting that Big Frank had all his bags packed tonight in Charlotte and is going to rejoin the team on Monday.

Welcome back Hurt.

DaveIsHere
05-28-2005, 11:09 PM
The Snore is reporting that Big Frank had all his bags packed tonight in Charlotte and is going to rejoin the team on Monday.

Welcome back Hurt.

Hell Yeah, just in time for a Memorial Day Celebration, I call A Homer....yes you heard it from DaveIsHere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deadguy
05-28-2005, 11:12 PM
There goes team chemistry!

Welcome back Frank. Make some noise on Monday, and make the rest of the AL take notice that you're still alive and kicking.

DickAllen72
05-28-2005, 11:17 PM
I love it when a plan comes together! :gulp:

wsoxfan
05-28-2005, 11:21 PM
woohooo...:supernana:

TheOldRoman
05-28-2005, 11:34 PM
Frank is so selfish! Why couldn't he have waited an extra day so I would be there when he made his return?

I could have gotten tickets for well below face value to Monday's game if I wanted, but Memorial Day is always a big family event for us. Oh well, I will get to see Frank live in his second game back. Anyone who is going to the game on Monday, cheer extra loud for me!

voodoochile
05-28-2005, 11:42 PM
WOOHOO!!!

no, not going to cut it...

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!

gobears1987
05-28-2005, 11:47 PM
I'm going to be there too!!!!! YES!!!!! I hope his first AB is just like the one that Bo had when he came back from his injury.

JoseCanseco6969

Welcome back Hurt.

Well if he starts on monday...the place has got to be a sellout! Cant wait to see ya hurt!

Kogs35
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!:supernana: :supernana:

chisoxfanatic
05-28-2005, 11:53 PM
WOOHOO!!! Did WSCR report that he's gonna be in the starting lineup on Monday?

MRKARNO
05-28-2005, 11:53 PM
Awesome news. So Memorial Day it is for the Big Hurt's official return day.

At a time when our offense has been putrid and our pitching has been incredible, Thomas's return is very welcome. It could not have come at a better time (except maybe, well, tomorrow, but close enough). If he can produce at 2004 levels for 3 out of the 4 months this season, the Sox might be 100 win material.

MRKARNO
05-28-2005, 11:54 PM

Starting lineup? Are you kidding? He needs to sit on the bench a few days before getting back into the swing of things.

FarWestChicago
05-28-2005, 11:56 PM
:supernana: BIG FRANK!! :supernana:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

beckett21
05-29-2005, 12:00 AM
:party::supernana::party:

:welcome: Big Frank!

seanpmurphy
05-29-2005, 12:02 AM
whoooooooo!!!

I will so be at that game cheering extra loud till my lungs bleed for everyone who can't make it. Ok maybe not till I bleed :D:

chisoxfanatic
05-29-2005, 12:03 AM
Starting lineup? Are you kidding? He needs to sit on the bench a few days before getting back into the swing of things.

You're right...What was I thinking??? We already DO have a "world class" hitter right now hitting at DH. Maybe if Frank tells the media he doesn't believe in dinosaurs, he too can be as feared a hitter...

MRKARNO
05-29-2005, 12:03 AM
Batting third, the Designated Hitter, Number 35, FRAAAAAAAAAAANK THOMAS
:):):):):)

DickAllen72
05-29-2005, 12:04 AM

Maybe KW just wants him back up so he can sit in the dugout and act as a decoy. :rolleyes:

chisoxfanatic
05-29-2005, 12:05 AM
whoooooooo!!!

I will so be at that game cheering extra loud till my lungs bleed for everyone who can't make it. Ok maybe not till I bleed :D:

I just hope you're nowhere near Section 117, because I don't want blood all over me... :cool:

seanpmurphy
05-29-2005, 12:07 AM
I just hope you're nowhere near Section 117, because I don't want blood all over me... :cool:

Haha. Don't wory buddy. I'll be in the UD, Sec 544. If I do end up bleeding, I'll try my best to keep it internal :cool:

soxGirl14
05-29-2005, 12:11 AM
Haha. Don't wory buddy. I'll be in the UD, Sec 544. If I do end up bleeding, I'll try my best to keep it internal :cool:

please dont die on me.

havelj
05-29-2005, 12:14 AM
Lineup Prediction (vs. Washburn-LHP):

LF-Pods
2B-Iguchi
DH-Frank
1B-Konerko
CF-Rowand
RF-Dye
C-Widger
3B-Crede
SS-Uribe

SoxFan76
05-29-2005, 12:15 AM
oh my god, my heart is racing. i am going to be in attendace monday. i am so freaking happy right now. you guys have no idea. im almost in tears. totally serious too.

seanpmurphy
05-29-2005, 12:17 AM
oh my god, my heart is racing. i am going to be in attendace monday. i am so freaking happy right now. you guys have no idea. im almost in tears. totally serious too.

Nice sig. When are the bizzaro Joe Crede BA >.300 days going to be back?

SluggersAway
05-29-2005, 12:20 AM
If this is true we are going to kick some major ***. Welcome back Frank, we missed you. Let's go mop the floor with the competition.

The bats come alive with the sounds of the hurt...

A.T. Money
05-29-2005, 12:23 AM
I just got my tickets!

seanpmurphy
05-29-2005, 12:23 AM
Oh God. I'm just as excited as anyone else, and don't compare me to HomeFish please but is anyone just the slightest bit worried nothing is going to change? I mean, someone's gotta be devil's advocate here. I hope Frank comes out bombing though. 3-5, 2 HRs, 5 RBI.....stolen base :tongue:

MRKARNO
05-29-2005, 12:27 AM
Oh God. I'm just as excited as anyone else, and don't compare me to HomeFish please but is anyone just the slightest bit worried nothing is going to change?

I understand your dissapointment with the offense recently, but things will change for the better with his arrival. Bank on it.

voodoochile
Oh God. I'm just as excited as anyone else, and don't compare me to HomeFish please but is anyone just the slightest bit worried nothing is going to change? I mean, someone's gotta be devil's advocate here. I hope Frank comes out bombing though. 3-5, 2 HRs, 5 RBI.....stolen base :tongue:

no, he's a run a game average for his whole career. That's a huge difference. Also, it means more fastballs for PK with Frank in front of him. It also means Rowand can drop as low as 7th in the order.

Walk softly, Frank... and carry a big stick...:cool:

SluggersAway
Nothing much will change, Frank won't all the sudden hit like never before. But, he is a start in the right direction. We will be a stronger team with him, so let him get his at bats, become comfortable at the plate, let the ankle heal properly, and we will go from there.

Sox of White
05-29-2005, 12:39 AM
whoooooooo!!!

I'm with ya man.

SoxFan76
05-29-2005, 12:42 AM
Nice sig. When are the bizzaro Joe Crede BA >.300 days going to be back?

I prefer to stay positive. It must suck going through life being so negative. I'm not singling you out, I'm talking in general. God forbid I support a player that I like. Where's the guy with the sig that says bench Crede and Uribe? lol, now there's a nice sig.

Chisox003
05-29-2005, 12:43 AM
Welcome back Big guy :gulp:

:hawk
"Mercy"

SABRSox
05-29-2005, 12:44 AM
Nothing much will change, Frank won't all the sudden hit like never before. But, he is a start in the right direction. We will be a stronger team with him, so let him get his at bats, become comfortable at the plate, let the ankle heal properly, and we will go from there.

He doesn't need to hit to be a force. I honestly can't believe that pitchers aren't still intimidated when they face the Big Hurt. Just imagine, Pods on 1st jumpin' around, messing with the pitchers head, and where does the pitcher have to turn and look, right at Big Frank staring him down. If that doesn't mess with a pitcher's mind, I don't know what does.

Salivating over Frank's return...

seanpmurphy
05-29-2005, 12:51 AM
I prefer to stay positive. It must suck going through life being so negative. I'm not singling you out, I'm talking in general. God forbid I support a player that I like. Where's the guy with the sig that says bench Crede and Uribe? lol, now there's a nice sig.

lol, no I'm being hopeful. I like Joe Crede. He reminds me of myself in Little League. Well, most of the time he does. Not bad with a glove, but can never hit. I sympathize. :smile:

SluggersAway
05-29-2005, 12:57 AM
I think he will be a force and I even think he will hit. In fact, I know he will hit.

WhiteSoxFan84
05-29-2005, 01:17 AM
I want to see this lineup on Monday...

1) Podsednik - LF
2) Thomas - DH
3) Iguchi - 2B
4) Konerko - 1B
5) Pierzynski - C
6) Rowand - CF
7) Perez - RF
8) Crede - 3B
9) Ozuna - SS

...anybody remember what Thomas was hitting in that # 2 slot 2 years ago? It was a great. And his OBP will still be sick no matter how healthy or not healthy he is.

Dye, Everett, and Uribe can sit their asses on the bench and figure out what they've been doing wrong almost all year long. Especially Everett and Uribe.

WhiteSoxFan84
05-29-2005, 01:21 AM
By the way, guys, most of you already know this, but for the rest, please keep in mind that Thomas is still feeling pain in his ankle and isn't 100%. The guy was horrible in AAA and it will take him a little more time to get back to what he can be. He probably won't even play all that much. He probably will get the start on Monday just because it's his first day back, but (and especially if he struggles), he probably won't be in the lineup more than 3-4 times a week.

chisoxfanatic
05-29-2005, 01:31 AM
7) Perez - RF

Please...No more of the Timo experiment...Dye is hands-down better than Timo even in his struggles.

SluggersAway
05-29-2005, 01:37 AM
The guy was horrible in AAA

Please check the numbers before you rant.

Dye is hands-down better

Exactly.

FarWestChicago
05-29-2005, 01:40 AM
By the way, guys, most of you already know this, but for the rest, please keep in mind that Thomas is still feeling pain in his ankle and isn't 100%. The guy was horrible in AAA and it will take him a little more time to get back to what he can be. He probably won't even play all that much. He probably will get the start on Monday just because it's his first day back, but (and especially if he struggles), he probably won't be in the lineup more than 3-4 times a week.Give it a rest, FOLIP. Continue your raging depression when you have facts, not the "ghosts" in your mind, to back it up.

Nellie_Fox
05-29-2005, 01:45 AM
I hope his first AB is just like the one that Bo had when he came back from his injury.I was at that game. Upper deck, third base side, three rows from the top (rows that don't even exist anymore.) I hope Frank's return is better, in that he has several more good years in him.

WhiteSoxFan84
05-29-2005, 01:51 AM
Give it a rest, FOLIP. Continue your raging depression when you have facts, not the "ghosts" in your mind, to back it up.

huh? all i said is don't be too down on the guy if he struggles? what are you talking about??

im the guy that wants to see him batting SECOND on monday.

WhiteSoxFan84
05-29-2005, 01:54 AM
Please check the numbers before you rant.

Thomas: .184 BA, .262 OBP, .211 SLG, 0 HR, 1 RBI, 7 H, 1 XBH, 38 AB, 8 K, 4 BB, 2 R.

What am I missing?

Don't forget, this is in AAA, not in the majors.

Now please, tell me what make-believe numbers you had...

ShoelessJoeS
05-29-2005, 01:58 AM
cant wait to go to the game and see the big guy, come on frank...if you could knock out 3 dongs thatd be great!

shoota
05-29-2005, 01:59 AM
I want to see this lineup on Monday...

1) Podsednik - LF
2) Thomas - DH
3) Iguchi - 2B
4) Konerko - 1B
5) Pierzynski - C
6) Rowand - CF
7) Perez - RF
8) Crede - 3B
9) Ozuna - SS

...anybody remember what Thomas was hitting in that # 2 slot 2 years ago? It was a great. And his OBP will still be sick no matter how healthy or not healthy he is.

Dye, Everett, and Uribe can sit their asses on the bench and figure out what they've been doing wrong almost all year long. Especially Everett and Uribe.

Thomas in the two spot is a horrible idea. Don't change the part of the lineup that has produced. Besides, you don't want to waste Thomas's at bats by bunting, and hitting behind Podsednik, do you?

Put Frank back home in his #3 spot. He can go a long way to fixing the middle of our order.

Welcome back tenderfoot. :D: I'll see you on Monday.

WhiteSoxFan84
05-29-2005, 02:03 AM
Thomas in the two spot is a horrible idea. Don't change the part of the lineup that has produced. Besides, you don't want to waste Thomas's at bats by bunting, and hitting behind Podsednik, do you?

thomas bunt? HELL NO.

i see your point and a lot of people will agree with you and disagree with me. but i think putting thomas behind podsednik would be a very good idea. put his OBP to use after our leadoff man and before our most consistent hitter. imagine if podsednik gets on and thomas either walks or gets a pitch to smack around the field. a lot of the time, iguchi will either come up with runners on 1st and 2nd nobody out or 1st and 3rd nobody out.

i doubt itll happen, but id love to see it.

FarWestChicago
05-29-2005, 02:08 AM
huh? all i said is don't be too down on the guy if he struggles? what are you talking about??Please don't lie. I have no patience for that. You are ripping Frank right and left. Like I said, give it a rest FOLIP. I strongly advise you to heed that advice until the dark cloud lifts and you are feeling a little better.

shoota
05-29-2005, 02:08 AM
thomas bunt? HELL NO.

i see your point and a lot of people will agree with you and disagree with me. but i think putting thomas behind podsednik would be a very good idea. put his OBP to use after our leadoff man and before our most consistent hitter. imagine if podsednik gets on and thomas either walks or gets a pitch to smack around the field. a lot of the time, iguchi will either come up with runners on 1st and 2nd nobody out or 1st and 3rd nobody out.

i doubt itll happen, but id love to see it.

I like the idea of Iguchi hitting with men on base, as he gives the best at bats and probably the best results in those scenarios, so I understand what you're saying.

PicktoCLick72
05-29-2005, 02:38 AM
For all the people tthat are sying Frank's numbers were not good in AAA, do you ever think he might have been wroking on running and other parts of his game more than his hitting.

MERPER
05-29-2005, 02:41 AM
with the way he worked hard 2 come back and the fact that he has had such a great role in the steroids issue, I think everyone should plan on giving him a standing ovation when he is first announced!

Nellie_Fox
05-29-2005, 02:45 AM
with the way he worked hard 2 come back and the fact that he has had such a great role in the steroids issue, I think everyone should plan on giving him a standing ovation when he is first announced!How hard is it to find your shift key for the start of sentences, and to type "to" instead of "2"? You have a computer keyboard in front of you; you're not text messaging on a cellphone keypad.

pmck003
05-29-2005, 03:23 AM
Awesome. I like the idea of him batting second. I also like thomas batting third, fourth, fifth, six.... I really do realish the thought of Pods getting on and Thomas getting the walk with Iguchi at the plate though.

chisoxfan64
05-29-2005, 05:34 AM
This is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can`t wait to see Frank back in the lineup.
I`m happier than a Texas prostitute on cowboy payday.:D:

The Racehorse
05-29-2005, 06:37 AM
Welcome back Hurt! :bandance:

By the way, it's nice to see some people [in this thread] not getting along when it comes to Frank's return to the club... makes me know all is right in the world. :cool:

gosox41
05-29-2005, 08:05 AM

Which makes me wonder, how pissed would you be if you get to the game on Monday and see that Ozzie is Frank on the bench?

Bob

gosox41
05-29-2005, 08:06 AM
How hard is it to find your shift key for the start of sentences, and to type "to" instead of "2"? You have a computer keyboard in front of you; you're not text messaging on a cellphone keypad.

It will add at least an extra milli-second on TO his post.

Bob

gosox41
05-29-2005, 08:08 AM
Thomas: .184 BA, .262 OBP, .211 SLG, 0 HR, 1 RBI, 7 H, 1 XBH, 38 AB, 8 K, 4 BB, 2 R.

What am I missing?

Don't forget, this is in AAA, not in the majors.

Now please, tell me what make-believe numbers you had...

Frank's numbers were from a small sample size. As long as he's running OK (I've heard no reports that he's slown down while in rehab) then he'll be fine. He may have some rust, but I'm betting he can beat the current team .313 OBP with no problem.

Bob

doublem23
05-29-2005, 08:27 AM
:hurt

:):):)

DarkCloudDropo
05-29-2005, 08:40 AM
no, he's a run a game average for his whole career. That's a huge difference. Also, it means more fastballs for PK with Frank in front of him. It also means Rowand can drop as low as 7th in the order.

Walk softly, Frank... and carry a big stick...:cool:

Why would PK get more fastballs with Frank in FRONT of him?

DumpJerry
05-29-2005, 08:41 AM
I'm going to be there too!!!!! YES!!!!! I hope his first AB is just like the one that Bo had when he came back from his injury.
Not only was I at that game, but his homer landed about 7 rows directly in front me! My friends and I were on television coast-to-coast that day high fiving each other yelling "we're in the commercial! We're in the commercial!" thinking it was a natural Nike "Just Do It" commercial.

Anyway, I'm there tomorrow, but his homer will land nowhere near me since I will be in 500 level.

Welcome back Frank! Now we can make our move into the history!:D:

hose
05-29-2005, 08:42 AM
This is awesome news:gulp:

WELCOME BACK BIG HURT!!!!!!!!!!!!

RKMeibalane
05-29-2005, 08:47 AM
Frank's numbers were from a small sample size. As long as he's running OK (I've heard no reports that he's slown down while in rehab) then he'll be fine. He may have some rust, but I'm betting he can beat the current team .313 OBP with no problem.

Bob

Besides, the reason his numbers are lower is because he wasn't using his normal plate approach down there. He spent most of his time trying to hit the ball to RF and read pitches. Everyone who saw him said he was hitting the ball extremely well, but wasn't getting results. He hit the three-run homer last night, but he also hit two balls to the warning track the previous night, and he just missed the grand slam earlier in the week. It seems like he's getting his timing back, so he'll be fine.

RKMeibalane
05-29-2005, 08:47 AM

Frank walks a lot, and will be on base when Konerko comes to bat.

RKMeibalane
05-29-2005, 08:51 AM
FYI:

The Angels are slated to start Jarrod Washburn on Monday. The last time Frank faced him was August 18, 2003. Frank finshed that game 2-4 with 2 HR and 4 RBI, including the game-winner in the ninth.

"Never underestimate the bing, Farmio."

DarkCloudDropo
05-29-2005, 08:55 AM
Frank walks a lot, and will be on base when Konerko comes to bat.

I still fail to see the logic. Pods and/or Iguchi are often on too and they have speed which might mean more fastballs.

RKMeibalane
05-29-2005, 08:59 AM
I still fail to see the logic. Pods and/or Iguchi are often on too and they have speed which might mean more fastballs.

Frank doesn't run as well as he used to, but as long as he's on base, pitchers know that they can't afford to waste pitches during Konerko's at-bats. When there are men on base, it forces the pitcher go right after the hitter, rather than throwing him junk outside the zone.

CHISOXFAN13
05-29-2005, 09:11 AM
FYI:

The Angels are slated to start Jarrod Washburn on Monday. The last time Frank faced him was August 18, 2003. Frank finshed that game 2-4 with 2 HR and 4 RBI, including the game-winner in the ninth.

IIRC, the Sox were trailing 3-0 and Frank hit the jacks in the seventh and ninth innings to bring us back. He had some big-time bombs in 2003.

I am jacked!

harwar
05-29-2005, 09:12 AM
BIG FRANK really does only care about getting back as fast as he can and being a part of this thing.
Even in batting practice he is not trying to show what a prolific home run hitter he is but is instead just doing the everyday work of trying to get his swing exactly where he wants it.
If Frank gets in the game monday,then i'll be standing and cheering,and i'm using two canes at the moment.
I better not see anyone sitting when he comes up or you'll get a good stiff wack.
This is one of those times when you have to put all the frustration of past failures behind and and just give your all because we need all the good karma we can muster to help these boys.

Pasqua's Posers
05-29-2005, 09:29 AM
I just got my tickets. This will be the first time sitting in the Upper deck since Opening Day 2000. Lower bowl completely sold out...

Brian26
05-29-2005, 09:32 AM
FYI:

Washburn was pretty masterful that night too. Frank single-handidly won that game.

voodoochile
05-29-2005, 09:37 AM

Because it's more like there will be men on base, often 2 in the first inning and it won't be uncommon to have them loaded.

mccombe_35
05-29-2005, 09:38 AM
Wow. I hope this is true. If it is I'll be there.

Frank Thomas was born to hit.

RKMeibalane
05-29-2005, 09:43 AM
Washburn was pretty masterful that night too. Frank single-handidly won that game.

Yes, he did. I taped that game, and I still have it. It's a classic Frank Thomas game.

skobabe8
05-29-2005, 09:45 AM
I'm sure Franks return will lead SportsCenter.

RKMeibalane
05-29-2005, 09:53 AM

Honestly, I don't expect anything from them about this. I don't even think they've mentioned his name since the season started.

DumpJerry
05-29-2005, 09:59 AM
Let's not get carried away. After all, it's not like he's Mark Prior or some other stud Flub player.....

gobears1987
05-29-2005, 10:22 AM
Hey I'm section 116, row 26 seats 7 and 8. Hope to see you there.

mweflen
05-29-2005, 10:27 AM
Not a moment too soon. I'll be cheering my lungs out from Sec. 520. Congrats, Big Guy!

I imagine the only possible move is to DH Frank and platoon Carl and Jermaine. Timo or Vizcaino should be sent down.

gobears1987
05-29-2005, 10:33 AM
FYI:

Wasn't that HR the infamous "Stay fair! Stay fair! YES!"

RKMeibalane
05-29-2005, 10:54 AM
Wasn't that HR the infamous "Stay fair! Stay fair! YES!"

Yup.

MRKARNO
05-29-2005, 11:02 AM
FYI:

I was at that game. Washburn had carried a no-no into the 7th inning with a 2-0 lead. The first batter in the inning was Robbie Alomar, who promptly singled to break up the no-no. Next batter, Frank Thomas. He hits it out to tie the game, which had seemed hopeless for some time.

Zoom ahead to the ninth. Grafanino doubles to leadoff. Alomar bunts him over. Thomas just needs a sac-fly to win the game against Washburn, who is still in this tie game. What does he do? Hit the walkoff homer just inside the foul pole in left.

The game was absolutely amazing.

ExpoPuddingHead
05-29-2005, 11:04 AM
I remember that game. The angels knew they were screwed in that last at-bat so they brought the center fielder into the infield. Everybody knew Frank would hit at least a sacrafice fly but he knocks it out of the park anyway.

RKMeibalane
05-29-2005, 11:13 AM
I remember that game. The angels knew they were screwed in that last at-bat so they brought the center fielder into the infield. Everybody knew Frank would hit at least a sacrafice fly but he knocks it out of the park anyway.

I remember being shocked that the Angels were going to pitch to him with first base open. As soon as Frank stepped into the box, I said to myself, "This ballgame is over," and it was a short time later.

Beauty35thStreet
05-29-2005, 11:21 AM
This is going to be one hell of a day!

Jurr
05-29-2005, 11:25 AM
Dammit, I hope he just stays healthy and gives 'em hell the rest of the year.

FarWestChicago
05-29-2005, 11:41 AM
If Frank gets in the game monday,then i'll be standing and cheering,and i'm using two canes at the moment.
I better not see anyone sitting when he comes up or you'll get a good stiff wack. :thumbsup:

Garlandfan33
05-29-2005, 11:51 AM
Lineup Prediction (vs. Washburn-LHP):

LF-Pods
2B-Iguchi
DH-Frank
1B-Konerko
CF-Rowand
RF-Dye
C-Widger
3B-Crede
SS-UribeI know this may seem corny but seeing that gives me goose bumps knowing what that lineup could do(and think A.J is evven in that one)

Lip Man 1
05-29-2005, 12:28 PM
Couldn't have come at a better time. Just his reputation helps the lineup since pitchers are going to be very careful with him until he shows what he can or can not do. That 'unknown' factor will be a real help right now.

Lip

Frankfan4life
05-29-2005, 01:03 PM
Welcome back big guy! We really missed you! All I ask is that you stay healthy, hit to the right and blast a bunch of homers. :D:

Da Man! ---------> http://www.hotlistrookies.com/images/thomas153psa9_s.jpg

gobears1987
05-29-2005, 02:20 PM
I know this may seem corny but seeing that gives me goose bumps knowing what that lineup could do(and think A.J is evven in that one)
It's no surprise AJ isn't in there. Widger homered off this pitcher last week so I see Ozzie's logic in this.

batmanZoSo
05-29-2005, 03:18 PM
It's no surprise AJ isn't in there. Widger homered off this pitcher last week so I see Ozzie's logic in this.

Widger has done an amazingly good job whenever he's played. We don't really lose a beat when AJ sits. And he's really come around with the long ball, he's on pace for over 20 which would easily be a career high. It's nice to finally have offensive production from our catchers. We don't have much in the defensive game behind the plate, but when you have the best ERA in the league you can get by without being able to throw out base stealers.

Shoeless_Jim
05-29-2005, 08:03 PM
What do you think Ozzie will do when Thomas is healthy?
He could move Everett to the outfield or just take him out and put Thomas in. I am curious to see. My sister my Dad and I will be going to the game on Memorial Day :bandance:and I hope he will pinch hit, what do you think?

DVsoxfan
05-29-2005, 08:19 PM
I heard he was gonna start tomorrow...I wanna go to the game too, but only upper tank is available

Shoeless_Jim
05-29-2005, 08:26 PM
Do you think if he starts he will play first or just DH?

and by the way upper tank is better than not going at all.

White Sox Josh
05-29-2005, 09:14 PM

and by the way upper tank is better than not going at all.DH. I'm predicting the place will go wild when he comes up to bat.

cwsfannick
05-29-2005, 10:18 PM
Hopefully Big Frank's return wil provide the boost that this lineup needs. Good to see you back Frank.

A. Cavatica
05-29-2005, 10:44 PM
Yep. If the Sox think you're ready, you're ready. I hope you go 5-for-5 and drive in ten tomorrow.

Tomato time?

RKMeibalane
05-29-2005, 10:47 PM

and by the way upper tank is better than not going at all.

DH. I don't expect him to play first base at all this season, at least not until everyone is convinced that his ankle is not an injury risk.

MRKARNO
05-29-2005, 10:48 PM
This is one happy tomato:

:tomatoaward

MRKARNO
05-29-2005, 10:49 PM
Guillen states the obvious:

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-050528soxthomas,1,1828467.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

Manager Ozzie Guillen confirmed Sunday that Frank Thomas will be in the White Sox's lineup Monday when they play a Memorial Day afternoon game against the Los Angeles Angels.

Nellie_Fox
05-30-2005, 02:12 AM
I don't even think they've mentioned his name since the season started.Not true, actually. They've discussed him and Bagwell several times, with an eye toward their HOF credentials should their careers wrap up with what they've already accomplished, since their careers have been very parallel and their stats very similar. The BBTN guys agreed that they're both in regardless.

tstrike2000
05-30-2005, 07:59 AM
Not true, actually. They've discussed him and Bagwell several times, with an eye toward their HOF credentials should their careers wrap up with what they've already accomplished, since their careers have been very parallel and their stats very similar. The BBTN guys agreed that they're both in regardless.

I don't think Bagwell is a shoe in at any stretch for some reason even though he and Frank's stats are similar. Frank had that 7 year stretch of 300 20 100 rbi, walks, runs plus 2 (should've been 3) MVP awards that sets them apart if their careers ended today. Frank should stay healthy enough to hit 500 homers which would secure that, but Bags has had the degenerative shoulder which has really hurt him at the plate the last few years and will probably keep him from hitting 500.

RKMeibalane
05-30-2005, 08:03 AM
I don't think Bagwell is a shoe in at any stretch. Frank will still be healthy enough to hit 500 home runs which will secure his legacy for sure, but Bagwell has the degenerative right shoulder of his which will probably keep him short of 500.

I still think both of them get in. Keep in mind that Thomas and Bagwell are clean. Though they have played in an era dominated by steroid use and other forms of substance abuse, they have played the game the right way. Their numbers are completely legitamite, whereas many of their peers (Sosa, Palmerio, McGwire, etc.) have obviously been cheating to get ahead.

mike squires
05-30-2005, 09:22 AM
It would be silly for him not to be but in the Champaign News Gazette Ozzie could not confirm he would be in the stating line up. Big crowd, keeping him fresh, helping a slumping line up. How could he not?

SoxFan76
05-30-2005, 09:27 AM
If they brought him up for an interleague game in an NL park like originally thought, I doubt he would start. However, I see no reason for him not to start today. And I'm going to be there, so he better start!

voodoochile
05-30-2005, 09:30 AM
It would be silly for him not to be but in the Champaign News Gazette Ozzie could not confirm he would be in the stating line up. Big crowd, keeping him fresh, helping a slumping line up. How could he not?

Read Post 102...

jhill36
05-30-2005, 10:09 AM
Hey guys,

I just had a thought. Frank hit a homer in his final at bat with the Charlotte Knights. He hit poorly in most of his games with them before that. And now all the so-called experts are underestimating him again? But what if he did this on purpose, saving his real power for the final pitch in the minor leagues before getting activated into the lineup on Memorial Day?

Interesting, huh? I thought so.

Go Big Hurt.

RKMeibalane
05-30-2005, 10:11 AM
Hey guys,

I just had a thought. Frank hit a homer in his final at bat with the Charlotte Knights. He hit poorly in most of his games with them before that. And now all the so-called experts are underestimating him again? But what if he did this on purpose, saving his real power for the final pitch in the minor leagues before getting activated into the lineup on Memorial Day?

Interesting, huh? I thought so.

Go Big Hurt.

That's not too far off the mark. Frank himself said that he wasn't really looking to drive the ball until the end of his rehab stint, because he had other things he needed to work on.

The Hurt 35
05-30-2005, 11:11 AM
Everyone already knows Frank is back, but will he actually play in his first day back??
I kinda think he will be used as a pinch hitter but i hope not cause Im going to the game.

RKMeibalane
05-30-2005, 11:20 AM
Everyone already knows Frank is back, but will he actually play in his first day back??
I kinda think he will be used as a pinch hitter but i hope not cause Im going to the game.

Ozzie confirmed that he'll be in the lineup today. There's a link to an article from the Cubune somewhere on the board.

The Hurt 35
05-30-2005, 11:23 AM
thanks a lot RK is was trying to look all over to find out. A friend of mine recommended this site to me and it looks like a dependable one

tstrike2000
05-30-2005, 11:24 AM
I still think both of them get in. Keep in mind that Thomas and Bagwell are clean. Though they have played in an era dominated by steroid use and other forms of substance abuse, they have played the game the right way. Their numbers are completely legitamite, whereas many of their peers (Sosa, Palmerio, McGwire, etc.) have obviously been cheating to get ahead.

That is a very good point. Bagwell and Thomas both are products of working out in the weight room. I've always liked Bagwell and hope he does make it with Big Hurt who should be a first ballot HOF'er. In an age where many people will put the "*" next to Bonds, McGwire, and Sosa's numbers, they'll remember some of the guys who did it the right way.

Baby Fisk
05-30-2005, 12:05 PM
*breathing*

RKMeibalane
05-30-2005, 12:09 PM
*breathing*

:rolling:

NonetheLoaiza
05-30-2005, 12:47 PM
WElcome back Frank!

We missed you badly...

spongyfungy
05-30-2005, 02:14 PM
I'm hearing on the radio that there are some Sox fans who don't want to see him back. Who are these "fans"? reading this thread it doesn't seem like it's anyone's sentiment.

VeeckAsInWreck
05-30-2005, 02:27 PM
I'm hearing on the radio that there are some Sox fans who don't want to see him back. Who are these "fans"? reading this thread it doesn't seem like it's anyone's sentiment.

:woo-woo
"The guy from the radio asked me that question, and that's what I told him! Who is Fred Thomas anyway?"

Bisco Stu
05-30-2005, 03:30 PM
Listening to the game on ESPN radio. Glad to hear Frank got a standing O and they just reported he was signing autographs before the game.

Beauty35thStreet
06-02-2005, 11:05 PM
Pretty awesome from Frank thus far: good looks on Washburn with exception of adrenaline pumped pop up and nice BL walk on Angels closer. The man deserved that wonderful standing ovation. Every knowledgeable and smart Sox fan with a heart does not want this player to play for anyone else. In addition, they know how valuble he has been and will be.

He's a smart batter. He is very selective and I notice it more and more each year. His batting eye and his knowledge of pitching won't get worse either. Those are two skills of his I think he can depend on for a while.