PDA

View Full Version : 5/28 Frank Watch

RKMeibalane
05-28-2005, 05:45 PM
The Charlotte Knights are set to take on the Indianapolis Indians at Knights Stadium at 6:15 CDT. Through ten games, Frank is hitting .184 (7-38).

RKMeibalane
05-28-2005, 06:35 PM
FRANK THOMAS!

3-run bomb!

RKMeibalane
05-28-2005, 06:36 PM
It looks like Frank really is ready now. The Indians announcers were saying that he did hit two balls to the warning track yesterday, and now he's added the three-run homer today.

MRKARNO
05-28-2005, 06:37 PM
I dont think he's ready to come back yet

Fake Chet Lemon
05-28-2005, 06:39 PM
FRANK THOMAS!

3-run bomb!

YES!!!! :bandance:

MRKARNO
05-28-2005, 07:01 PM
That homer was against a highly-touted prospect in Zack Duke too.

RKMeibalane
05-28-2005, 07:02 PM
That homer was against a highly-touted prospect in Zack Duke too.

Yup. Charlotte has hit him hard so far tonight.

Frank struck out in his second at-bat. He's now at an even .200 on his rehab assignment.

MRKARNO
05-28-2005, 07:04 PM
Gload just got a 2-out hit.

RKMeibalane
05-28-2005, 07:05 PM
What's also nice about Frank's home run is that it was hit to right-center field. If Frank is using the whole field (that seems to his pattern, so far), that's a good sign. Now that he appears to be getting his timing back, we can expect big things from him when he gets back.

CWSGuy406
05-28-2005, 07:28 PM
Good to see Ross is hitting, too. When he gets back to the big club, I think Ozzie ought to bench Konerko for a few days, and get Gload in there. At this point, our #4 hitter can't be hitting .220...

Ross + Thomas up, Walker + Perez go down.

And, thanks for the updates, RK. :smile:

RKMeibalane
05-28-2005, 07:30 PM
Frank is now 1-3 after flying out to right in his third at-bat.

veeter
05-28-2005, 08:34 PM
Good to see Ross is hitting, too. When he gets back to the big club, I think Ozzie ought to bench Konerko for a few days, and get Gload in there. At this point, our #4 hitter can't be hitting .220...

Ross + Thomas up, Walker + Perez go down.

And, thanks for the updates, RK. :smile: Are you watching the same games as the rest of us? First of all PK has raised his avg. about 30 pts in the last two weeks to .237 not .220. Second of all he continues to be productive, driving in big runs. Did you see game two against the Angels? We would be dead without Konerko.

buehrle4cy05
05-28-2005, 10:36 PM
Are you watching the same games as the rest of us? First of all PK has raised his avg. about 30 pts in the last two weeks to .237 not .220. Second of all he continues to be productive, driving in big runs. Did you see game two against the Angels? We would be dead without Konerko.

You're right on the money. Benching Paul Konerko would be the worst thing the White Sox could do now. Not only would they lose a clutch bat in the lineup, but it would team his confidence to shreads. Ozzie has to have Pauly fight through this, which he is doing. Also, I'm not so sure we could send Timo down, we may have to put him on waivers or cut him. Anybody have any info on that?

FarWestChicago
05-28-2005, 10:49 PM
Are you watching the same games as the rest of us? First of all PK has raised his avg. about 30 pts in the last two weeks to .237 not .220. Second of all he continues to be productive, driving in big runs. Did you see game two against the Angels? We would be dead without Konerko.You're right on the money. Benching Paul Konerko would be the worst thing the White Sox could do now. Not only would they lose a clutch bat in the lineup, but it would team his confidence to shreads. Ozzie has to have Pauly fight through this, which he is doing. Also, I'm not so sure we could send Timo down, we may have to put him on waivers or cut him. Anybody have any info on that?
My gawd, don't you Apaulogists think the 47,384 pro-Plate Tectonics posts you've left in the Clubhouse are enough? Do you really need to run to his defense (at least you are faster than GIDP :D: ) in every thread in every forum? :redneck