PDA

View Full Version : Twins Heating Up

Mammoo
05-28-2005, 05:40 PM
Sox need to add a hitter and have one of their struggling boppers (Konerko, Crede, Dye) to come through. Maybe Big Frank is the answer.

The Twins look ominously good right now:o:

RedPinStripes
05-28-2005, 05:50 PM
Not worried. We'll worry about itin august and september. They blow and this might be one of the year where i'm right where i say the Twins have lost too much.

SOXSINCE'70
05-28-2005, 05:52 PM
When don't those SOB's look good??:angry: :angry:

Beware their schedule in July,IIRC.A poster pointed this out on
this site Thursday (Forgot who it was.Sorry.) They will have their
tough times as well.It's all coming to how these 2 teams play
head to head in August and Sept. Just remember:The Sox last
home series of the season is a 4 gamer (Thurs.-Sun.) against
the Twinkies.It's still too early to tell what will happen.
One thing is for sure:if this sputtering offense doesn't get
going soon, KW will look for answers.And he may not have time to
wait until the trading deadline to find them.:o:

balke
05-28-2005, 05:53 PM
They obviously aren't going anywhere, and Morneau has made them a much better team. Once Frank gets back, I hope to make a couple more games distance though. El Duque will come fill in our 4-spot, and we'll hopefully win 5 straight next time around the rotation.

NSSoxFan
05-28-2005, 05:59 PM
I don't get why people are surprised to see the Twinkies right behind us. It's not as if they have had a bad start, they have the fifth best record in MLB, not to shabby. We're still better...

FarWestChicago
05-28-2005, 06:06 PM
And here we have the "No **** Sherlock" post of the week. What a revelation!! The Twins are a pretty good team. :rolleyes:

infohawk
05-28-2005, 06:08 PM
A team's play has a lot to do with the schedule.

The Twins are playing some weaker teams right now, while the Sox are playing some pretty good teams. The two eight-game winning streaks the Sox had came against weaker teams, with many of those games including the Royals, Tigers and Indians. This takes nothing away from the Sox because they dominated like a good team is supposed to do. To me, that is the biggest difference between this year's team and the teams we fielded over the last few years.

I expect the Twins, as a good team should, to dominate this portion of their schedule. The Sox just need to play .500 against the better teams and go on winning streaks against teams like the Royals, Tigers, and "struggling" Indians. I still think there is a good chance that the wildcard will come out of the central.

The biggest difference in this year's Twins club is that they are not dominating their divisional rivals like they have in the past. They had mediocre records against teams outside of the division, but reached 90-plus wins by absolutely owning most of central division. So far that is not happening this year. Instead, the Sox are following the blueprint of the 2002-2004 Twins.

harwar
05-28-2005, 06:10 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the wild-card came out of the AL central this year.
I realize that the yankees & red sox have their own little thing going on and the rest of us just aren't supposed to play but its time someone showed at least one of those teams the door.
I'll bet that the twins and WHITE SOX pass each other several times this year and(like stated earlier)it will probably come down to the head-to-head games.

veeter
05-28-2005, 06:29 PM
Nathan almost blew another one. He showing that he's human this year.

SoxSpeed22
05-28-2005, 06:54 PM
Nathan almost blew another one. He showing that he's human this year.I could very easily make a joke about steroids here. But this is a concern because it has been done before. They made their charges in September and left us in the dirt. Don't be surprised if we are active at the trade deadline.

Jurr
05-28-2005, 10:01 PM
Yeah, there's two ways of looking at it.

What the Twins are thinking:

The Sox have shot their wad already (to use a boxing term, mods) and we've hung in there and waited them out. We'll be there when it matters.

Sox:

Damn, can we get a lull in the schedule again so we can get that warm and fuzzy (eight game winning streak) feeling back?

It's going to be a damn dogfight all year long. That is the best thing that can happen for the Sox. If they're good, they'll be in the Wild Card or the division champs. If they don't cruise to a Central title, they'll be much better for the playoffs, especially if those Twins/Sox games late in the year already feel like playoff games.

Nellie_Fox
05-29-2005, 02:39 AM
The Sox have shot their wad already (to use a boxing term, mods).I don't think this is a boxing term. I think it refers to the "wad" that was placed between the gunpowder and bullet in old firearms (matchlock, flintlock, cap & ball). For the life of me, and I'm a big boxing fan, I can't figure out how this would connect to boxing.

itsnotrequired
05-29-2005, 03:33 AM
When don't those SOB's look good??:angry: :angry:

Beware their schedule in July,IIRC.A poster pointed this out on
this site Thursday (Forgot who it was.Sorry.) They will have their
tough times as well.It's all coming to how these 2 teams play
head to head in August and Sept. Just remember:The Sox last
home series of the season is a 4 gamer (Thurs.-Sun.) against
the Twinkies.It's still too early to tell what will happen.
One thing is for sure:if this sputtering offense doesn't get
going soon, KW will look for answers.And he may not have time to
wait until the trading deadline to find them.:o:

I pointed out the tough schedule. The stretch we are playing now (Angels-Rangers) on the road is the same nonsense the Twins will face in July. Sox split with the Angles and the Rangers series is TBD. We'll just have to wait and see how the Twins do...

Dan H
05-29-2005, 09:28 AM
I am not one to take the Twins for granted, especially since the Sox have not been able to beat them the past three years. They are the team to beat until proven otherwise. Meanwhile, the Sox should still be looking for ways to improve themselves.

chisoxmike
05-29-2005, 05:23 PM
For anyone who thought the Sox were going to cruise this season is insane...The Twins are still a good team and they're going to be breathing down our necks all season long. Whenever the Sox go on a losing streak its always when the Twins figure out what they're doing wrong and start their annual winning streak that demoralizes the Sox.

White Sox Josh
05-29-2005, 06:36 PM
For anyone who thought the Sox were going to cruise this season is insane...The Twins are still a good team and they're going to be breathing down our necks all season long. Whenever the Sox go on a losing streak its always when the Twins figure out what they're doing wrong and start their annual winning streak that demoralizes the Sox.your damn right about it. the twins will win their usual 90 games. You can bank on that. You don't win the division 3 times in a row by being lucky.