PDA

View Full Version : Today's game - Postponed

MERPER
05-28-2005, 05:32 PM
Assuming the Sox game eventually starts, are we still for sure going to get to see it? FOX only has baseball until 6.... if I remember correctly, they go off as soon as the slotted game is over... but if the Sox game doesn't start until 530 or something are we still going to ge the entire thing? I'd hate to not see it.... I hope we're not SOL

Fenway
05-28-2005, 05:37 PM
Assuming the Sox game eventually starts, are we still for sure going to get to see it? FOX only has baseball until 6.... if I remember correctly, they go off as soon as the slotted game is over... but if the Sox game doesn't start until 530 or something are we still going to ge the entire thing? I'd hate to not see it.... I hope we're not SOL

Because so little of the national FOX network is involved it may come down to if WFLD wants the game or not and run network on a delay afterwards.

sweeps is over now so

Last year they would have simplay given it over to FOX SPORTS NET but given the way FSN was shown the door in Chicago, I wouldn't bet on Comcast getting the game if Fox decides to bag it.

GoSoxGo!
05-28-2005, 05:58 PM
Well i doubt it.

DumpJerry
05-28-2005, 06:09 PM
Two questions:

1) Why couldn't it rain yesterday so the team got some much-needed rest?

2) Will Texas just call this one, it's been two hours! They must love their win streak.

I hope there isn't a doubleheader tomorrow, then the Sox will be tired for Monday's game against the Angels. The Rangers want us rested up for the Angels series.

CLR01
05-28-2005, 06:14 PM
2) Will Texas just call this one, it's been two hours! They must love their win streak.

I suppose they could just call it but why? They can wait this out until 8-9:00 and still have plenty of time to play the game.

harwar
05-28-2005, 06:21 PM
I don't think they care much about a DH though as they get monday off and then play the tigers in detroit.

MERPER
05-28-2005, 06:35 PM
So, are we basically assuming that we are getting screwed here and not getting to see our game today?

Jurr
05-28-2005, 06:37 PM
ohhhh the beauty of Farmer and Rooney.

GoSoxGo!
05-28-2005, 06:56 PM
well are we gunna play or what?

GoSoxGo!
05-28-2005, 06:57 PM
I hope we do.

ShoelessJoeS
05-28-2005, 06:59 PM
it just sounded like they were taking the day off as fox reported

MERPER
05-28-2005, 07:01 PM
I know there is nothing we can do about the weather, but I am really pissed right now!! I hate that just because our game gets picked up by FOX, we now have no way to watch our team play whenever they get started.... and they will get this game in at some point later tonight. Are we sure Comcast can't pick it up? This is BS.... figures that the Sox and their fans always get screwed..

GoSoxGo!
05-28-2005, 07:02 PM
it is cancelled

GoSoxGo!
05-28-2005, 07:02 PM
We will have to play a double header tommorow

sandknit
05-28-2005, 07:03 PM
Yahoo and MLB.com have it postponed

Jjav829
05-28-2005, 07:03 PM

That's not happening. One game tomorrow. Double header when we go back to Texas in August.

GoSoxGo!
05-28-2005, 07:04 PM
espn has to

GoSoxGo!
05-28-2005, 07:04 PM
ok

DumpJerry
05-28-2005, 07:05 PM
That's not happening. One game tomorrow. Double header when we go back to Texas in August.
Whew! That's after we clinch, so it won't be too important of a game.

(Drat! Lost the Deep Pink key again!)

gobears1987
05-28-2005, 07:05 PM
This screws up the pitching rotation

I guess this means I see BUehrle on Monday!!! Can't complain there

SOXit2EM
05-28-2005, 07:06 PM
it is cancelled As much as i love watching the Sox play, I think it's for the best that the game was cancelled. With the way the Sox have been swinging the bats, and the fact that the Rangers are on fire right now, this team needs some rest and hopefully we can split with them tomorrow. :cool:

dcb33
05-28-2005, 07:10 PM
Who wins PTC? The rain?

It's a double edged sword. The Sox get today off, but now have to play 2 games in one day in the searing late August Texas heat. I'm sure they'll be looking forward to that...

Lip Man 1
05-28-2005, 07:12 PM
This team has been slumping overall since the Tampa series. They needed the rest today....worry about August when August comes, a lot can happen between now and then.

Lip

GoSoxGo!
05-28-2005, 07:15 PM
is it for sure?

ElevenUp
05-28-2005, 07:32 PM
according to the white sox web page the game has been postponed, no make up date as of yet.

Jurr
05-28-2005, 07:33 PM
confirmed on the sox site. boo.

Fake Chet Lemon
05-28-2005, 07:37 PM
As much as i love watching the Sox play, I think it's for the best that the game was cancelled. With the way the Sox have been swinging the bats, and the fact that the Rangers are on fire right now, this team needs some rest and hopefully we can split with them tomorrow. :cool:

Exactamundo. We looked tired last night, a day game after a night game would not have helped things. Rest up boys and pound them on Sunday, because the Twins keep winning.

Jurr
05-28-2005, 07:45 PM
yeah...they're now back in the Central Time Zone. Getting a day off lets them readjust to that zone, and they won't have to switch zones again for a bit. When I go west, I usually take two days or so to get over the jet lag. The rest will do them good.

wolcott10
05-28-2005, 08:04 PM
I think Yahoo said that there was a 60 percent chance of rain Sunday.

dcb33
05-28-2005, 08:07 PM
Exactamundo. We looked tired last night, a day game after a night game would not have helped things. Rest up boys and pound them on Sunday, because the Twins keep winning.

That is, if the game tommorow happens. Currently there's a 60% chance of rain tomorrow in the Dallas area.

http://www.weather.com/activities/travel/businesstraveler/weather/tenday.html?locid=DFW:9

jabrch
05-28-2005, 08:11 PM

Nope - rescheduled for later in the summer. This will enable us to skip the Duque/McCarthy spot one more turn, while keeping everyone on their normal rest if we want Duque to get a few more days off, or to do a rehab start in the minors somewhere.

CallMeNuts
05-28-2005, 08:30 PM
Sun - Garland
Mon - Buerhle
Tue - Garcia
Wed - Contreras
Thu - Off
Fri - Garland
Sat - Hernandez (or BMac if El Duque is not ready)
Sun - Buerhle

Too many bullpen innings required on Cuba days.

Jurr
05-28-2005, 09:16 PM
Sun - Garland
Mon - Buerhle
Tue - Garcia
Wed - Contreras
Thu - Off
Fri - Garland
Sat - Hernandez (or BMac if El Duque is not ready)
Sun - Buerhle

Too many bullpen innings required on Cuba days.
Time to split the Cubans. I like it. Very clever.

HawksBiggestFan
05-28-2005, 09:36 PM
I hate doubleheaders

It seems there is so much rain all over the country this week.

pudge
05-28-2005, 09:41 PM
This team has been slumping overall since the Tampa series. They needed the rest today....worry about August when August comes, a lot can happen between now and then.

Lip

9-9 since the Tampa series, and we've been playing some of the best teams in the AL, not to mention the Cubs. It's funny what we suddenly consider slumping.

JB98
05-28-2005, 10:38 PM
9-9 since the Tampa series, and we've been playing some of the best teams in the AL, not to mention the Cubs. It's funny what we suddenly consider slumping.

LOL. There are people on this board "concerned" about our 6-7 record in the last 13 games. Last August, we had a stretch of bad ball where I would have killed to have a 6-7 record over a two-week period. If this is the worst it gets, I can deal with it.

Normally, I hate rainouts and reschedulings, but I think this is a break for us. Texas is hot. They've won seven in a row. They're swinging the bats well. We are struggling. Even though we have the edge in pitching matchups, they obviously have a lot more guys who are getting the job done at the plate at this particular point in time. We are catching the Rangers at the wrong time, and this series is an uphill battle. Come August, perhaps we will be the team swinging the bats well, and the Rangers will be the ones struggling. We may be better off playing today's game three months from now.

Not to mention, I think our guys need a mental break. We've played something like 23 games in 24 days, and the team has spent most of this month on the road. Futhermore, every freaking game has come down to the last out of the last inning. I commend our players for grinding it out and holding their own during this stretch, but it has to catch up to you sooner or later. Today is a much-needed and welcome day off.

Lip Man 1
05-28-2005, 11:27 PM
I hope it pours in Dallas tomorrow and the Sox get another day of rest.

Lip

DumpJerry
05-28-2005, 11:28 PM

Lip
If so, call the game early so they can get away ASAP and into their own beds for Monday.

mike squires
05-29-2005, 12:06 AM

Lip

Na, that would mean yet a double header. I'll take my chances with Garland tomorrow.

MRKARNO
05-29-2005, 12:12 AM

Lip

I'd rather not see the Sox have to participate in 5 games in 3 days in late August, but it wouldnt be the end of the world if it had to happen.

ATXBMX
05-29-2005, 12:29 AM
I just got back from the park, and wouldn't you know it, 20 minutes after they call the game, it stops raining and the sun comes out. It has been a frustrating day. :(:

whitesoxfan
05-29-2005, 12:54 AM
i really wouldn't mind another day off either. I hate the friggin west coast, so the earlier we get home, the better. Of course a win by Garland would be nice too, but again I wouldn't mind another off day.

Alanzo XXXVIII
05-29-2005, 02:39 AM
I love doubleheaders, and I wish there were more. Something about tradition.

I hate doubleheaders

It seems there is so much rain all over the country this week.