PDA

View Full Version : White Sox vs Cub wristbands

MrRoboto83
05-28-2005, 10:39 AM
I was at Walgreens today in Hammond and they have the new (White) White Sox wristbands. I noticed that the White Sox bands had only 2 left in the box, compared to the Flub box which was pretty much full. I asked the lady at the counter and she said that the Sox had been out selling the Cubs by a long shot. Perhaps the tides are changing? I wish there were more Sox items around here to purchase. I was in Kohls last week and there was not one White Sox item there, compared to an entire wall dedicated to Flub t-shirts. Either the Sox stuff is selling out so fast(that is what I like to believe) or people think Sox fans don't exist.

SomebodyToldMe
05-28-2005, 01:20 PM
I was at Walgreens today in Hammond and they have the new (White) White Sox wristbands. I noticed that the White Sox bands had only 2 left in the box, compared to the Flub box which was pretty much full. I asked the lady at the counter and she said that the Sox had been out selling the Cubs by a long shot. Perhaps the tides are changing? I wish there were more Sox items around here to purchase. I was in Kohls last week and there was not one White Sox item there, compared to an entire wall dedicated to Flub t-shirts. Either the Sox stuff is selling out so fast(that is what I like to believe) or people think Sox fans don't exist.

Although it was last summer, I went on a massive Sox shopping spree at Kohls in the Ville, IN. Throwback hats, jerseys, shirts. The whole sha-bang-bang.

pearso66
05-28-2005, 01:24 PM

I also noticed the lack of Sox gear at Kohls. While the cubs have 8 racks dedicated to them, you can't find 1 item of any sox gear.

Sox of White
05-28-2005, 01:25 PM
I also noticed the lack of Sox gear at Kohls. While the cubs have 8 racks dedicated to them, you can't find 1 item of any sox gear.

Not a surprise... at all.

seanpmurphy
05-28-2005, 01:31 PM
I work at a Kohl's in Woodridge, IL. Last year I'd say the Cubs gear was definitely put out in a 3:1 ratio to Sox gear. However this year they were put out equally, and the Sox stuff is far out selling the Cubs.

Also, some lady got caught trying to steal a bunch of Sox gear. Man the people really want it!

MrRoboto83
05-28-2005, 02:03 PM
I work at a Kohl's in Woodridge, IL. Last year I'd say the Cubs gear was definitely put out in a 3:1 ratio to Sox gear. However this year they were put out equally, and the Sox stuff is far out selling the Cubs.

Also, some lady got caught trying to steal a bunch of Sox gear. Man the people really want it!

I used to shop at that Kohl's at Woodridge, I remember picking up a lot of sox t-shirts there a few years back. The Kohl's here in Highland Indiana sucks big time, all Flub, no Sox anything, same thing with the MC Sports.

SSN721
05-28-2005, 02:50 PM
I have heard from somewhere I cant remember that the SOx were going to sell or are selling silver wristbands. Is this true? If so I would love to pick that up, have the full silver and black. :smile:

White Sox Josh
05-28-2005, 09:24 PM
The Walgreens in Wilmette has no Sox stuff at all while they have a wall dedicated to the Cubs (they even have one of those parking signs that you hang up on your room saying Cubs Fans Parking only(Sox fans park elsewhere). Idiots!

bigfoot
05-28-2005, 10:53 PM
When you're at your favorite retail store, and there is little or no Sox goodies to be found,........find a manager(not some lame sales clerk) and insist that they stock Sox stuff. Especially if you are a good(regular)customer, this will be noticed and then check back in a week or two, to see if there has been any progress. Finding the same manager the second time, or contacting them by phone can work also.
Sometimes it's just a matter of product placement. If Sox gear is out of easy access(too low or high, buried in a circle rack, etc), insist that the Silver & Black get a better show place. The morons that stock these things rarely know that in order to sell product, it must be seen and available. If not, then the next order cycle will perpetuate the idea that Sox gear does not sell and the reorder will reflect this by the old "no demand" for the product arguement.

DEMAND THE PRODUCT!!!!!

Send and e-mail to the Customer Service mgr of the store in question. Two days later, if no reply, send one to the corporate office, along with an attached copy of the email you sent to the local CSR. The local guys absolutely HATE to hear for Corporate that they are not responsive to their customers. And are severely smacked down by Corp when a complaint gets that far up the food chain.

The retail marketplace is too cutthroat for them to risk pissing off a customer(and all the people he knows), just for the lack of a bunch of shirts and hats.

Kohl's, Walgreens, etc all want your business.

Tell them what you want to buy, and they'll get it.

Every one of your emails will translate into thousands of requests. Given that so few will take the time, but those that do stand for many more..

hsnterprize
05-30-2005, 10:21 PM
I have heard from somewhere I cant remember that the SOx were going to sell or are selling silver wristbands. Is this true? If so I would love to pick that up, have the full silver and black. :smile:At just about every Walgreen's I've been to, the Sox wristbands come in a 3-pack for $5...one is white, another is gray (or silver depending on your point of view), and the 3rd is a black, white, and gray combination.

You can also find Sox wristbands sold individually at Sports Authority stores. Be mindful, though...many of them may still have more racks for Cubs merchandise than Sox merchandise. However, I went to the one near 95th and Cicero yesterday, and their Sox merchandise is set on more noticable displays than the north-side counterparts. Plus, they also have white White Sox wristbands. They also have the bands at the Burbank location located across the street from the Ford City Mall.

TornLabrum
05-30-2005, 10:58 PM
The thing that kind of ticks me off about the wristband thing is that it started as a way to raise money for charity (starting with the Lance Armstrong yellow ones). Even the proceeds form the ones being sold by the Sox at the ball park go to Chicago White Sox Charities.

As far as I can tell, these other go into the pockets of someone who is simply out to make a buck off them. As one who spends a great deal of free time trying to raise money for a charity, this bugs me. I'll be spending my money elsewhere.

CHISOXFAN13
05-31-2005, 01:19 AM
The thing that kind of ticks me off about the wristband thing is that it started as a way to raise money for charity (starting with the Lance Armstrong yellow ones). Even the proceeds form the ones being sold by the Sox at the ball park go to Chicago White Sox Charities.

As far as I can tell, these other go into the pockets of someone who is simply out to make a buck off them. As one who spends a great deal of free time trying to raise money for a charity, this bugs me. I'll be spending my money elsewhere.

I agree. I would hope that most would purchase the black bands that benefit White Sox charities. That being said, I wish they didn't make them so big.

PatK
05-31-2005, 03:59 PM
I used to shop at that Kohl's at Woodridge, I remember picking up a lot of sox t-shirts there a few years back. The Kohl's here in Highland Indiana sucks big time, all Flub, no Sox anything, same thing with the MC Sports.

LOL so true.

What's sad is I see more people wearing Sox merchandise in the area, and know of more Sox than Cubs fans. Yet you can't find anything anywhere.

I've had the best luck at Meijer.

Tekijawa
05-31-2005, 04:31 PM
It's been posted on many Cubs blogs and discussion boards that the new Cubs "Believe" beer koosies really stink, don't keep your beer cold, and require 10-12 of them to cover the whole can. They've been advising many people not to buy those and just to get regular normal sized Koosies or frosted mugs instead. That could be the reason the aren't selling as well as the Sox Wristbands.
:)

skottyj242
06-02-2005, 02:20 PM
My brother is a managaer at the Walgreens in Alsip and whenever I go south to visit him he knows to have all the Sox stuff proudly displayed or I'll yell at him. He also said that Sox bands are outselling the Cubs ones. I got that three pack but I got it at Foot Locker but I usually wear the authentic black one for charity.

Stroker Ace
06-02-2005, 02:33 PM
I was at Walgreens today in Hammond and they have the new (White) White Sox wristbands. I noticed that the White Sox bands had only 2 left in the box, compared to the Flub box which was pretty much full. I asked the lady at the counter and she said that the Sox had been out selling the Cubs by a long shot. Perhaps the tides are changing? I wish there were more Sox items around here to purchase. I was in Kohls last week and there was not one White Sox item there, compared to an entire wall dedicated to Flub t-shirts. Either the Sox stuff is selling out so fast(that is what I like to believe) or people think Sox fans don't exist.When I was home over the winter, I couldn't find any Sox shirts of Kohls or Champs sports!:angry: :angry: :angry: