PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Wristbands Now On Sale...

hsnterprize
05-28-2005, 01:50 AM
I don't know if anyone's already posted something about this, but you can now go to your neighborhood Walgreen's store and pick up a 3-pack of White Sox wristbands for $5. They're not sold individually...or at least not yet anyway.

The wristbands are white, gray, and a 3-colored band that's black, white, and gray. They all have the S-O-X logo as well as the capital-lettered script logo on them. There wasn't anything on the package saying if any of the money made from the sale of the wristbands is going to charity. At least that's more honest than the Cubs' wristband sale in which only 1 out of the $2 in the price goes to charity.

I'm wearing my multi-colored band now, and my 2 oldest boys have the gray and white one. I first heard they were being sold at the Walgreen's at the corner of 95th Street and Cicero Avenue, but now they're just about everywhere within Chicagoland.

So if you're looking for a way to show off the Sox Pride...you're friendly neighborhood Walgreen's may have the answer. Pick up some writsbands today.

CubsfansareDRUNK
05-28-2005, 01:52 AM
sounds good, but i think ill stick with my sox pride

kevingrt
05-28-2005, 09:51 AM
sounds good, but i think ill stick with my sox pride

I agree, I think I will stick to giving money to White Sox charities instead of profit seeking organizations.

WagMan
05-28-2005, 10:07 AM
Well, to clarify, the there's no charitable affiliation with the White Sox 3pk wristbands. They're being sold for people who want to show their support of the team in more than just one way. Many people who've bought the Sox Pride wristbands for charity have also bought the 3pks. How do I know this? "WagMan"=Walgreens Manager.

We're limited in the amount of Sox merchandise we can sell. So, any Sox merchandise is good Sox merchandise. Plus, aside from the ballpark and Grandstands, there aren't a whole lotta places that sell Sox goods. So, why not Walgreens?

crazyozzie02
05-28-2005, 10:08 AM
Yeah, they may be conterfit, espically seeming that i had heard anything about it. Ill stick with my SOX PRIDE FOR WHITE SOX CHARAITIES for now until i here something about them going to a good cause. Its probably someone trying to make money off the SOX great start

MrRoboto83
05-28-2005, 10:43 AM
they are sold individually here at the Hammond Walgreens for $2.00

JoseCanseco6969
05-28-2005, 11:15 AM
i picked up one that's white right before they all sold out at my walgreens in dekalb. We have a helluva a lot of flubs ones left and so much more cubs merchandise than sox. People have been complaining but nothing has been done yet

LongLiveFisk
05-28-2005, 11:19 AM
I don't know if anyone's already posted something about this, but you can now go to your neighborhood Walgreen's store and pick up a 3-pack of White Sox wristbands for $5. They're not sold individually...or at least not yet anyway.

The wristbands are white, gray, and a 3-colored band that's black, white, and gray. They all have the S-O-X logo as well as the capital-lettered script logo on them. There wasn't anything on the package saying if any of the money made from the sale of the wristbands is going to charity. At least that's more honest than the Cubs' wristband sale in which only 1 out of the $2 in the price goes to charity.

I'm wearing my multi-colored band now, and my 2 oldest boys have the gray and white one. I first heard they were being sold at the Walgreen's at the corner of 95th Street and Cicero Avenue, but now they're just about everywhere within Chicagoland.

So if you're looking for a way to show off the Sox Pride...you're friendly neighborhood Walgreen's may have the answer. Pick up some writsbands today.

Hey, I bought those about 2 months ago at a Walgreen's on 79th St. in Burbank. They are pretty awesome looking. I just saw some plain white ones at Sports Authority too the other day. I think they were $2 each, so the 3-pack for $5 at Walgreen's was definitely a good deal. :D:

SpammySosa
05-28-2005, 02:03 PM
Yeah, they may be conterfit, espically seeming that i had heard anything about it. Ill stick with my SOX PRIDE FOR WHITE SOX CHARAITIES for now until i here something about them going to a good cause. Its probably someone trying to make money off the SOX great start

They're officially licensed by MLB,so they're not counterfeit. Besides,I don't think a reputable company like Walgreen's would be selling unauthorized items.Since these are official merchandise, I would imagine the ones making money off of them(besides Walgreens) would be MLB and the Sox.

Ron Karkovice
05-28-2005, 02:43 PM
i picked up one that's white right before they all sold out at my walgreens in dekalb. We have a helluva a lot of flubs ones left and so much more cubs merchandise than sox. People have been complaining but nothing has been done yet

I need to check out the Sycamore Walgreens then. Where are these located in the store? Right when you walk in hopefully.

SSN721
05-28-2005, 03:16 PM
Hopefully the Wicker Park walgreens has some, I will check when I get home from work today. Need to get some more good luck charms. :D:

JoseCanseco6969
05-28-2005, 03:28 PM
I need to check out the Sycamore Walgreens then. Where are these located in the store? Right when you walk in hopefully.

They are right as you walk in after the 2 registers. You cant miss the huge Sox and Cubs logos.
At Dekalb we still have some of the 3 packs and I think they are getting more white ones in probably next week. The manager said theyve been trying to get them for a while without luck.

chisoxfan64
05-28-2005, 05:03 PM
The Walgreen`s here by me just got in about 10 different Sox items. License plate frames, mini helmets, mini jerseys, pennants, night light light and a few other things. They had scrub merch. for quite some time so it was a nice surprise to see the Sox stuff when I went in. Needless to say I spent more than I had planned to.