PDA

View Full Version : Better Pitcher

White Sox Josh
05-27-2005, 08:59 PM
I'm asking this question because i think it is intriguing because Moyer has pitched a lot better during his career than Wood has. Yet Moyer gets a lot less attention for it. Explain your reasoning for your selection.

shoota
05-27-2005, 10:19 PM
Explain your reasoning for your selection.

I haven't followed Moyer's career at all, but I'd say he's a better pitcher than Carrie Wood based on pitching intelligence and longevity.

tstrike2000
05-27-2005, 10:35 PM
Moyer is a true pitcher and knows how to change speeds, work both sides of the plate and up and down. He also knows what pitch to throw in a given situation. That's a true pitcher. Just because Wood has talent doesn't mean he's anything than a hard thrower with an occasional curve ball.

PAPChiSox729
05-27-2005, 10:48 PM
I'd have to go with Moyer. Wood has far nastier stuff, but Moyer has been getting the job done for a while now and he knows how to pitch.

Banix12
05-27-2005, 10:56 PM
It's no contest, it has to be Jaime Moyer. If Kerry Wood threw the same speed as Jaime Moyer he'd be getting shelled, since he has shown no ability to keep hitters off balance.

Kerry Wood is one of those pitchers where he will challenge you with hard stuff, the hitters know what is coming and most of the time can't do much with it. As long as he throws hard and can throw his breaking pitch for strikes he wins, but if either of those two factors fails he tends to have a short outing.

MRKARNO
05-27-2005, 11:02 PM
Jamie Moyer is a pitcher.

Kerry Wood is a thrower.