PDA

View Full Version : Completely baseless prediction

mike squires
05-27-2005, 05:23 PM
Just an early prediction. I'm predicting Texas to pound him. I hope he proves me wrong.

Infallible
05-27-2005, 05:26 PM
Officially I have ruled......

:threadsucks

Rudy Law
05-27-2005, 05:26 PM
Wow A White Sox fan having a negative thought about an up coming game....What a shock!!!

NDSox12
05-27-2005, 05:27 PM
Just an early prediction. I'm predicting Texas to pound him. I hope he proves me wrong.

If there was ever a game for our offense to wake up and put up some big numbers, tonight would be the night. I agree that McCarthy could be in trouble. He absolutely MUST have his off-speed stuff working because Texas will drill his fastball if it is the only thing he can throw for a strike. This ain't the Cubs.

MRKARNO
05-27-2005, 05:28 PM
:cleo
"I predict this thread is going to get ugly"

TheOldRoman
05-27-2005, 05:28 PM
:dtroll: ?

JB98
05-27-2005, 05:29 PM

Be careful. You're going to anger the friends of B-Mac, who believe El Duque should be banished to the bullpen despite his 5-1 record.

NSSoxFan
05-27-2005, 05:33 PM
Squires, why do you think he is going to have a bad outing? Just based on spring training against the Rangers? :?:

Rocklive99
05-27-2005, 05:33 PM
As I said in the other thread,

"I'm a lil scared about tonight's game. This is why I wanted Garland to start against the Flubs, not about beating the Flubs, but because I'd rather have McCarthy face the Angels (who were already struggling with the offense, and then lost Vlad) than the offense of Texas.

I know ST numbers don't mean anything, but IIRC Texas lit him up in ST, but I think he only faced Texas and Anaheim"

But you never know, you gotta play the game, go get em. Wake up offense!

Tadahito
05-27-2005, 05:34 PM
:o:http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=250326104 (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=250326104)

NSSoxFan
05-27-2005, 05:35 PM
:o:http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=250326104

Yes, it is official: McCarthy will never win a game against Texas in career.

dcb33
05-27-2005, 05:36 PM
:dtroll: ?

Because we all know there's an overwhelming number of Rangers trolls out there...

I suspect Mr. Squires had sour grapes for breakfast this morning. Texas has been mashing the ball lately, but that was against the pitiful Astros and woeful Royals. The Sox are much better than both of those teams combined and we've done really well against Texas the last couple years, so it's pretty silly to write McCarthy or the Sox off.

soxwon
05-27-2005, 05:36 PM
brand m will have 8 MMMMMMMM's

7 innings

jabrch
05-27-2005, 05:39 PM
If he gets hit hard, by the team leading the majors in HRs, that wouldn't surprise me. It's not as if this is the Royals he is pitching against.

mike squires
05-27-2005, 06:02 PM
I made the prediction because of past history. Young pitchers seem to always struggle. Brian may be the exception and be another Fernandez, BlackJack, Alvarez type pitchers. I think he will someday. Tonight he will not. I sincerely hope you guys raz me if he has a good outing. For those of you that allready did should have waited until after the 4th inning of tonights game.

Whoever posted the troll...puuuuulease.

Tadahito
05-27-2005, 06:03 PM
Yes, it is official: McCarthy will never win a game against Texas in career.:rolling:
That was my implication, too.

Dibbs
05-27-2005, 06:04 PM
What is wrong with people? If one of my White Sox friends were to say something like this it could be terms for a scuffle....unless they take it back of course.

dcb33
05-27-2005, 06:12 PM
I made the prediction because of past history. Young pitchers seem to always struggle. Brian may be the exception and be another Fernandez, BlackJack, Alvarez type pitchers. I think he will someday. Tonight he will not. I sincerely hope you guys raz me if he has a good outing. For those of you that allready did should have waited until after the 4th inning of tonights game.

Whoever posted the troll...puuuuulease.

:chickenlittle

Why not just have a drink and enjoy the game?

Chisox003
05-27-2005, 06:21 PM
I love it...The guy has almost 2,000 posts and there is debating on whether hes a troll or not....:roflmao:

Gotta love it...

I too am skeptical about this one, due to the fact that the Rangers have an outstanding lineup....A copy of his last outing against the flubbers would be great

Well, I'm gonna just come out and say it after that last statement, I'm a troll :dtroll:

veeter
05-27-2005, 06:24 PM
B-Mac throws a no-hitter tonite, bank it.

MisterB
05-27-2005, 06:36 PM
I know ST numbers don't mean anything, but IIRC Texas lit him up in ST, but I think he only faced Texas and Anaheim"

Interesting that you choose to focus on that ST start vs. Texas instead of this one (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=250310113). :rolleyes:

mike squires
05-27-2005, 08:41 PM
Wow~It was just a prediction. It got moved, said it was completly baseless, silly and even was called a troll. I would 4 dingers in 6 innings pounded. I'll accept apolgies here.

I like B-Mac and I think he will be successful at the big league level. I just didn't have a good feeling about tonight is all.

No, let's come back and get them.

Chisox003
05-27-2005, 08:49 PM
Wow~It was just a prediction. It got moved, said it was completly baseless, silly and even was called a troll. I would 4 dingers in 6 innings pounded. I'll accept apolgies here.

I like B-Mac and I think he will be successful at the big league level. I just didn't have a good feeling about tonight is all.

Ya, he got rocked...And they weren't cheapies either, flat out ropes

Oh well, B Mac will be fine, just ran into an incredibly hot Texas team at the wrong time

MRKARNO
05-27-2005, 09:00 PM

I dont think there is a need for any apologies. The issue was that you titled it as a declarative statement "He will get rocked" and not as just a possibility that he might get beaten up badly.

dcb33
05-27-2005, 09:02 PM

You called it! Congratulations! Stop by my house tomorrow for a trophy and your winnings check for your incredible prediction! :kukoo: :kukoo: :kukoo:

PAPChiSox729
05-27-2005, 09:30 PM
You called it! Congratulations! Stop by my house tomorrow for a trophy and your winnings check for your incredible prediction! :kukoo: :kukoo: :kukoo:

What is the big deal here? So what if he has a pessimistic outlook on a game, he wouldn't be the first negative Sox fan. I really didn't think McCarthy was going to fair that well either. Everyone will get roughed up once a while. I could see how making an entire thread on the subject is taking it a little too far but please people, just let it die.

skobabe8
05-27-2005, 09:53 PM
As I said in the other thread,

"I'm a lil scared about tonight's game. This is why I wanted Garland to start against the Flubs, not about beating the Flubs, but because I'd rather have McCarthy face the Angels (who were already struggling with the offense, and then lost Vlad) than the offense of Texas.

But you never know, you gotta play the game, go get em. Wake up offense!

That was an excellent idea, Rock. Looking back, that would have made all the sense in the world.

skobabe8
05-27-2005, 09:57 PM
Also, let me apologize to Squires--not because I called him a troll or even told him he would be wrong, but on behalf of everyone else who did who won't man up to it. Accurate prediction my friend. Now, what can we expect for staurdays game??

mike squires
05-27-2005, 10:07 PM
I was kind of surprized on some of the remarks. I didn't start the thread for ME to get pounded.:D: For the record I am usually a very positive Whitesox fan and I'm usually quite optimistic. I'd do recall however saying we would be awful this year but you can't be right all the time.

We lose again tomorrow on a so so outing from Garland. He won't get much help offensivly once again.

Sunday we'll win 11 to 1.

Monday we're winning again cause I'll be there.

Now, what else you want to know?:smile:

mike squires
05-27-2005, 10:09 PM
Anyone remember "The Wizard" who would predict every WhiteSox game on this sight? Whatever happened to him?

MRKARNO
05-27-2005, 10:24 PM
We lose again tomorrow on a so so outing from Garland. He won't get much help offensivly once again.

Sunday we'll win 11 to 1.

Monday we're winning again cause I'll be there.

:cleo

"Call mike squires now for your free five minute reading!"

DickAllen72
05-27-2005, 10:58 PM

Well, you were right. Good call.

BMac's gonna be a good one, but he needs more time in AAA.