PDA

View Full Version : Article on Baseball Broadcasters

AZChiSoxFan
05-27-2005, 04:07 PM
There was an interesting article in today's Arizona Republic regarding announcers and the whole topic of being either a homer, or being more direct and having players get upset at you. I thought some here would find it interesting as many here love Hawk and many don't like him at all. Though the article was written by a staffer from the Phoenix based paper, it includes quotes from Hawk, DJ, and Rooney.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/diamondbacks/articles/0527broadcasters0527.html

Rocklive99
05-27-2005, 04:59 PM
Good read, I just think it makes teams and players look so stupid when situations with the Flubs or Dbacks happen, they look like rich, spoiled babies.

Nice quote by Hawk too, I sometimes get annoyed with the homerism, but I'm glad he is aware that other fans watch and think this. Even if I feel it's annoying though, I can't help but yell "Stretch, get up!" on a close fly ball

White Sox Josh
05-27-2005, 08:14 PM
Good read, I just think it makes teams and players look so stupid when situations with the Flubs or Dbacks happen, they look like rich, spoiled babies.

Nice quote by Hawk too, I sometimes get annoyed with the homerism, but I'm glad he is aware that other fans watch and think this. Even if I feel it's annoying though, I can't help but yell "Stretch, get up!" on a close fly ballWhile I agree that Hawk is a homer, he isn't afraid to criticize the team when they deserve it.

Nellie_Fox
05-28-2005, 01:23 AM
While I agree that Hawk is a homer, he isn't afraid to criticize the team when they deserve it.Kind of like a Sox fan, huh?

HawksBiggestFan
05-28-2005, 08:54 PM
My boy, Hawk gets a bum rap. He ain't that bad. If some outside fans can get over the Hawkisms, they would appreciate him. You can learn so much about the game from him. I have no idea why other fans should hate the guy. He never says any demeaning things about other teams ever. Sure he is a cheerleader for the White Sox, but it's not like he rips people or makes fun of them. People need to lighten up.