PDA

View Full Version : Who are the Cub fans going to blame for this year's collapse?

miker
05-27-2005, 02:24 PM
Yeah, this is a no-brainer, but they're starting to whine and in this town you can't help but hear it. I thought I'd have a little fun at their expense.

Thank goodness for our White Sox!!!

I want Mags back
05-27-2005, 04:17 PM
u forgot to list Kasper and Brenly

Hitmen77
05-27-2005, 04:36 PM
If Prior's injury is serious, then expect all of Cubdom to bombard us with revisionist history and talk about how they were playoff bound until Prior got hurt.

SoxFan76
05-27-2005, 04:37 PM
How can it be a collapse when they never reached a high point? They just plain suck.

Hangar18
05-27-2005, 04:39 PM
If Prior's injury is serious, then expect all of Cubdom to bombard us with revisionist history and talk about how they were playoff bound until Prior got hurt.

Hes The Messiah. The only thing hurting will be his feelings, he'll simply have nothing more than a bruise. I can see the lead headlines on the news tonite and on ESPN News .....
City of Chicago holds its breath ......as City awaits Messiah injury update

RKMeibalane
05-27-2005, 04:42 PM
Everyone but themselves. Dusty Baker will see to it personally.

robertks61
05-27-2005, 04:48 PM
I blame Wrigley Stadium.

JohnBasedowYoda
05-27-2005, 05:39 PM
you missed "other" in which i case i would've clicked that and then say: wrigley field. damn that cursed wind!!

CubsfansareDRUNK
05-27-2005, 05:40 PM
yea, you forgot the wind

slavko
05-27-2005, 05:42 PM
Dusty.

LongLiveFisk
05-27-2005, 05:54 PM
I voted for the goat, but I would've voted for Dusty Baker had his name been up there.

HebrewHammer
05-27-2005, 05:56 PM
Everyone except those who deserve it. The players.

Banix12
05-27-2005, 10:05 PM
This will probably get me blasted but I actually almost feel sorry for Dusty. This team was doomed to fail from the start because it just wasn't put together well. No bullpen, no leadoff man, a 4th OF starting in Hollandsworth. Certainly Dusty has his shortcomings as a manager but what the cub fans are seeing right now is not a product of those shortcomings.

Truthfully Hendry is the man to blame for being the architect of the Cubs, though the players definitely take the blame for not coming through on the diamond.

This team showed it's mettle last year when it only won 89 games. People forget that during this little run over the last few years the cubs have yet to win 90 games in a season. That seems to be their peak and it doesn't cut it in a division where the cardinals can win 100.

PAPChiSox729
05-27-2005, 10:08 PM
Jeff Gordon. I personally think that Baker is going to be in some hot water though.

SoxFan76
05-27-2005, 11:22 PM
Jeff Gordon. I personally think that Baker is going to be in some hot water though.

Unfortunately, Cub fans seem to put the blame on curses and mangers before GMs or players. Dusty ain't signing these players. Hendry is the genius assembling these teams.

However, Dusty does need a nickname for his tendency to ruin pitchers careers. It's ridiculous what he does to Wood, Prior and Zambrano. Guys just can't throw 150 pitches a game like they could back in the good ol' days. You know, around the WWII era. :wink:

(PS, I know Prior's latest injury was a freak accident and had nothing to do with his Dustiness)

Palehose Pete
05-28-2005, 12:30 AM
Some of my Cubbie friends are attempting to cozy up to me and root for the Sox now that their team is listing to one side. My God, for all of their claims during the last three years of Cubbieness that they're with the Cubs through thick and thin, now they're trying to convince me that it's OK that they root for the Sox, too, and blame the Cubs problems entirely on the injury bug.

Up yours, was and will be my response to every fair-weather Cubbie fan who drank too much blue Kool-Aid and now has a hangover and is in dire need of a White Sox fix.

SomebodyToldMe
05-28-2005, 12:46 AM
They're gonna blame it on the rain...

::ducks from tomatos thrown because of bad Milli Vanilli joke::

BigEdWalsh
05-28-2005, 01:06 AM
:crossdresser
Ith the year of the Sith.

bigfoot
05-28-2005, 09:33 PM
Some of my Cubbie friends are attempting to cozy up to me and root for the Sox now that their team is listing to one side. My God, for all of their claims during the last three years of Cubbieness that they're with the Cubs through thick and thin, now they're trying to convince me that it's OK that they root for the Sox, too, and blame the Cubs problems entirely on the injury bug.

Up yours, was and will be my response to every fair-weather Cubbie fan who drank too much blue Kool-Aid and now has a hangover and is in dire need of a White Sox fix.

You should be able to recognize the CubFanz masquerading as Sox fans, by their distinctive limping gait, caused by fallling from the Blue Plague's bandwagon.

Though many are "blaming" the Azure Ursine's demise on the infamous "injury bug", should they not be called out for this lame excuse? After all, these injuries(except for the latest by Prior) could be predicted via past experiences and tendencies.

Nomar, Wood, Prior, Fox, Walker and Borowski have all had a history of recent time on the DL. To expect that they would all remain healthy for an extire season was foolhardy at best, and lacking foresight and preparedness by Cub management.

But they did get rid of Sosa...

soxGirl14
05-29-2005, 12:29 AM
they'll blame the wind

The Racehorse
05-29-2005, 07:03 AM
They need to blame Jim Hendry.