PDA

View Full Version : Good Nicknames for the Pitching Staff

swingkid02
05-27-2005, 01:21 PM
My friends and I want to make some unofficial White-Sox t-shirts. We are trying to come up with some catchy nickname for the pitching staff. something and the two cubans or something like that.

We're not very creative!

Help!!!!!

White Sox Josh
05-27-2005, 01:24 PM
The Big 6 because you have Buehrle, Garland, Garcia, Contreras, El Duque, and McCarthy.

miker
05-27-2005, 01:24 PM
Nothing yet, but witnessing our newfound excitement and attention on the South Side AND having the two Cubans, maybe something about a "Revolution?"

Or is that treading on dangerous waters?

swingkid02
05-27-2005, 01:29 PM
Keep treading... It doesn't need to be warm and fuzzy... These are the SOX

swingkid02
05-27-2005, 01:33 PM
Buehrle the two G's and the refugees....

nope... a little cynical

CubsfansareDRUNK
05-27-2005, 01:39 PM
Pale Hose Pitching

Tekijawa
05-27-2005, 01:43 PM
27 Downers

5 Men and a Baby

Buehrle and Garcia and Contreras and Hernandez and Garland and pray for rain!

swingkid02
05-27-2005, 01:47 PM
27 Downers

5 Men and a Baby

Buehrle and Garcia and Contreras and Hernandez and Garland and pray for rain!

what do you think of

Front:

WHITE SOX PITCHING

Back:

PRAY FOR RAIN!

Baby Fisk
05-27-2005, 01:47 PM
:burly :garcia: :contreras: :elduque: :jon

THEY'VE NEVER HEARD OF YOU EITHER.

SpammySosa
05-27-2005, 01:50 PM
Keep treading... It doesn't need to be warm and fuzzy... These are the SOX

Hey,I think you are on to something. How about White Sox pitching staff? Maybe I am in the minority,but I don't really need nicknames to form a closer bond with the team. My heart bleeds silver and black and that is good enough for me.:cool:

Fake Chet Lemon
05-27-2005, 01:52 PM
Forget the pitching thing. Go with Ozzie (and some Kenny) themes. T-Shirts I'd like to see AND BUY:

"I make the ******* lineup."

"**** *** Magglio. You are my enemy"

"**** *** Brad Palmer."

"You don't like my team, I don't care."
:hijacked:

24thStFan
05-27-2005, 01:53 PM
Front:
WHITE SOX PITCHING

Back:
FULL HOUSE (3 Aces and 2 Kings)

SpammySosa
05-27-2005, 01:55 PM
Forget the pitching thing. Go with Ozzie (and some Kenny) themes. T-Shirts I'd like to see AND BUY:

"I make the ******* lineup."

"**** *** Magglio. You are my enemy"

"**** *** Brad Palmer."

"You don't like my team, I don't care."
:hijacked:

GREAT idea! I would buy one of each!:D:

White Sox Josh
White Sox Pitching Staff: It's better than the Cubs Pitching Staff.

santo=dorf
Fearsome Fivesome

swingkid02
Hey,I think you are on to something. How about White Sox pitching staff? Maybe I am in the minority,but I don't really need nicknames to form a closer bond with the team. My heart bleeds silver and black and that is good enough for me.:cool:

why don't you settle down there Spammy.... do you get closer with your team by telling people not to show their pride.

You're the type of Sox fan that gives socks fans a bad name. You can't even have a nickname for yourself on this website without taking a shot at the cubs.

swingkid02
05-27-2005, 01:56 PM
Front:
WHITE SOX PITCHING

Back:

How about 3 Aces 2 Cubans

balke
05-27-2005, 01:57 PM
Try photoshopping something with them all as Ace of Spades Cards. And like I said earlier in the season. Straight, flush, full house. 5 Aces beats them all.

swingkid02
05-27-2005, 01:59 PM
Try photoshopping something with them all as Ace of Spades Cards. And like I said earlier in the season. Straight, flush, full house. 5 Aces beats them all.

Definately like the idea... but my photoshop skills could be called into question. If I do get it to look good I'll post them here.

Fake Chet Lemon
05-27-2005, 02:03 PM
White Sox Pitching Staff: It's better than the Cubs Pitching Staff.

Oh, I'd buy that in a heartbeat! :D: How about:

You got Wood? Ha-Ha. We got GARLAND!

SpammySosa
05-27-2005, 02:05 PM
why don't you settle down there Spammy.... do you get closer with your team by telling people not to show their pride.

You're the type of Sox fan that gives socks fans a bad name. You can't even have a nickname for yourself on this website without taking a shot at the cubs.

I am glad I give socks fans and not Sox fans a bad name,otherwise I would take exception to that statement.:D:

If your form of pride is coming up with pitching staff nicknames,that is your choice;I was just expressing it wasn't mine.

I must say,you are the first Sox fan who has ever been offended at me taking a shot at Sammy Sosa(liar,cheater,king of false humility).Just be glad I don't have a bias toward swing kids.:wink:

swingkid02
05-27-2005, 02:08 PM
Average Major League Ticket

3 hrs of Baseball
9 innings of play

Sox Major League Ticket

2 hrs of Baseball
8.5 innings of play

White Sox Pitching
(a drain on the economy)

nasox
05-27-2005, 02:08 PM
socks fans

Huh? Which team is that? :?:

swingkid02
05-27-2005, 02:13 PM
If your form of pride is coming up with pitching staff nicknames,that is your choice;I was just expressing it wasn't mine.

I must say,you are the first Sox fan who has ever been offended at me taking a shot at Sammy Sosa(liar,cheater,king of false humility).Just be glad I don't have a bias toward swing kids.:wink:

I didn't see a need for your post.... I truly don't care what your form of expressing pride is. Keep it to yourself. Nothingn constructive to add???? MOVE ON TO ANOTHER POST

I'd just like Sox fans to have pride in how well we're doing, not in how badly others are doing.

I love taking shots at the Cubs... when there are Cubs fans arount to hear it... but I would like to spend most of my time showing pride.

swingkid02
05-27-2005, 02:19 PM
When did this board become a bunch of editors?

Sorry for the mistyping... SOX SOX SOX... better? Did I misspell JACKASSES

Baby Fisk
05-27-2005, 02:22 PM
When did this board become a bunch of editors?

Sorry for the mistyping... SOX SOX SOX... better? Did I misspell JACKASSES

:hawk
*adjusts eyepatch*

SpammySosa
05-27-2005, 02:22 PM
I didn't see a need for your post.... I truly don't care what your form of expressing pride is. Keep it to yourself. Nothingn constructive to add???? MOVE ON TO ANOTHER POST

I think someone is a bit testy because of the flak they took for suggesting keeping Konerko is essential.:?: :rolleyes:

I love taking shots at the Cubs... when there are Cubs fans arount to hear it... but I would like to spend most of my time showing pride

Wake up,Sammy isn't even with the Cubs anymore.Though I carry a disdain for that team,I would dislike Sammy no matter who he played for.

White Sox Josh
05-27-2005, 02:24 PM
Here is another good idea for a t-shirt.

The Ex-Cub Pitching Staff:
Jon Garland 8-1
Dontrelle Willis 8-1
Matt Clement 5-0
Shawn Estes 4-3 3.56 ERA(won 15 games in Colorado last year.)

swingkid02
05-27-2005, 02:25 PM
Wake up,Sammy isn't even with the Cubs anymore.Though I carry a disdain for that team,I would dislike Sammy no matter who he played for.

How long have you been on this board... probably since last year. So what team was Sammy on then? You're so clever to pick out errors in peoples posts. You should really get a job doing it. So you would have something to do at 1:30 in the afternoon.

SpammySosa
05-27-2005, 02:28 PM
How long have you been on this board... probably since last year. So what team was Sammy on then? You're so clever to pick out errors in peoples posts. You should really get a job doing it. So you would have something to do at 1:30 in the afternoon.

How much does it pay?

balke
05-27-2005, 02:30 PM
Wow, do we have to have internet fights and bickering in peaceful fun threads like this?

Paulwny
05-27-2005, 02:32 PM
Wow, do we have to have internet fights and bickering in peaceful fun threads like this?

It's the only way to receive a Tomato Award. :D:

White Sox Josh
05-27-2005, 02:33 PM
Mark Buehrle shirt

You can see a win and get out of there in 2 hours and 10 minutes.

swingkid02
05-27-2005, 02:35 PM
Despite Spammy's rejections of the idea... I would still like some good nicknames/t-shirt ideas involving the socks... oh no!!!!!! I mean SOX pitching staff.... throw a littly Ozzy in if you feel the need. I've gotta run to class so I can't argue with you any more Spammy.

Thanks for the help guys!

Paxson93
05-27-2005, 03:46 PM
Despite Spammy's rejections of the idea... I would still like some good nicknames/t-shirt ideas involving the socks... oh no!!!!!! I mean SOX pitching staff.... throw a littly Ozzy in if you feel the need. I've gotta run to class so I can't argue with you any more Spammy.

Thanks for the help guys!

Ozzie. :D:

miker
05-27-2005, 03:48 PM
Are you saying Ozzy doesn't manage the Socks?

bartmanisgod
05-27-2005, 04:17 PM
Thanks for Garland.... How's Matt Karchner?

chisoxfanatic
05-27-2005, 04:41 PM
Here's a cute idea I just thought of for a Garland t-shirt. Have Garland on the front of the shirt appearing like garland on a Christmas tree. On the back says "Bringing Sox fans an early Christmas in 2005."

steranim
05-27-2005, 05:02 PM
Definately like the idea... but my photoshop skills could be called into question. If I do get it to look good I'll post them here.

This is the best I've read so far.

I'll work on it over the weekend, my Corel skills are flawless!

joe_tansey2004
05-27-2005, 05:09 PM
Front:
WHITE SOX PITCHING

Back:

I'd buy that T-shirt. You would make some money off those especially with poker being so popular nowadays. Put theie pictures on the cards...if you make it, let me no where I can buy one.

gaelhound
05-27-2005, 07:49 PM
Thanks for Garland.... How's Matt Karchner?

An Irishman! Really? We haven't had one of those since Denny O'Toole!

JohnBasedowYoda
05-27-2005, 08:00 PM
The Cowboys
Buerhle and some other guys
The Cuban Connection
White Sox Pitching "Strike this ****** OUT!!"
Help Us, We lost our green cards
"Fame, Fortune? A pitcher craves not these things" with a picture of yoda

GoSoxGo!
05-28-2005, 06:01 PM
Im thinking the big 5 with Buehrle Garcia Garland Contreras and Hernandez.

Jurr
05-28-2005, 06:48 PM
I was thinking about a shirt to print that would be great for Sox fans. What do you guys think?

The front of the shirt would read:

It's only April
It's only May
It's only June
It's only July
It's only August (etc. etc.)

And just have lines running through each of 'em down the front of the shirt.
Then on the back write something.....you know..."White Sox baseball...don't like us? We don't care."
I don't know..but I liked the idea on the front of the shirt.

HawksBiggestFan
05-28-2005, 09:39 PM
Killer Assasins

It seems we never get the respect we deserve nationally so our guys are doing it quietly.

zach074
05-29-2005, 10:58 AM

Instead of 5 Ace's of spades how about 5 ace's of sox like WU! made my sig look like.

StepsInSC
05-29-2005, 12:59 PM
How about Macho Men? (http://www.angelfire.com/il2/cubssuck/machomen.jpg)

chisox
05-30-2005, 08:07 AM
wow. is that macho men thing real?