PDA

View Full Version : Ryne Sandberg Weekend Analysis

sdccpa
05-27-2005, 12:10 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=rs-cycle052705&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Apparently Ryno thinks we will have trouble taking care of the Rangers this weekend. :angry:

ShoelessJoeS
05-27-2005, 12:17 PM
he should worry about his team taking care of the two worst road teams in baseball and not our beloved south siders playing actual contenders

Frater Perdurabo
05-27-2005, 12:19 PM
In fairness, the Rangers are hot (then again, they swept Houston and Kansas City) and are getting surprisingly good starting pitching and great hitting.

Don't think the Sox will have a cakewalk in Arlington this weekend, particularly after arriving in Texas at about 5 a.m. this morning.

I'll be at the Saturday game against Texas in a home (pinstripes) Sox jersey, in the first row of the right field upper deck. I also may bring my Sox flag....

ShoelessJoeS
05-27-2005, 12:27 PM
there should be more people like you frater

veeter
05-27-2005, 12:29 PM
Has Ryno seen Texas' home record? I think he'd rethink his prediction.

sdccpa
I'm more ticked about people are waiting for the Sox to falter and let the Twins back in to the race line. I realize the Twins are the favorites but at 33-15 when are these "people" going to think the Sox are for real?

Hangar18
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=rs-cycle052705&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Apparently Ryno thinks we will have trouble taking care of the Rangers this weekend. :angry:

The Rangers are hot and theyre HITTING. a bad combination for us .......

itsnotrequired
05-27-2005, 12:30 PM

At least we don't have to face Rogers.

Frater Perdurabo
05-27-2005, 12:53 PM
At least we don't have to face Rogers.

That's the best part. The Sox ought to be grateful to be missing him in both series to far this year.

Last September the Sox beat up on tonight's starter, Chris Young. I sat in the commissioner's box seats at Ameriquest to witness it. Paulie jacked a late-inning homer deep into left field for insurance, but the Sox never were in any danger of losing that game.

Chris Young has improved markedly in this his first full season at the MLB level. He has the advantage of being 6-10 and has helped to anchor a good Rangers rotation this year, along with the ageless Rogers and the re-born Chan Ho Park.

I would love for the Sox to have an infield as good as the Rangers' infield. When Alfonso Soriano is your "weak link" you know you've got something very special. The OF combo of Nix, Mench and Hidalgo isn't chopped liver, either, and DH David Delucci has a .468 OBP.

One key will be for Sox pitchers not to walk anyone. On offense, they also will need to deploy Pods and turn him loose. But beware, Rod Barajas and Sandy Alomar, Jr. have been successful at throwing out runners. Might be a good time to use the hit and run with Pods and Iguchi. As for the Sox right-handed hitters, they need to go the other way, get the ball in the air and take advantage of the "jet stream" to right-center. If they figure this out, they can knock the Rangers starters out early and get into their battered bullpen. With the short RF fence and three right-handed pitchers going for the Rangers, AJ should start all three games.

itsnotrequired
05-27-2005, 12:56 PM
I realize the Twins are the favorites but at 33-15 when are these "people" going to think the Sox are for real?

Its only May.

I hear that every damn day. Good thing that excuse is only valid for another 4 days...:D:

Iwritecode
05-27-2005, 01:16 PM

This weekend should be interesting because they always say that good pitching beats good hitting. That's something the Rangers haven't seen the past 3 games while playing the Royals...

CHISOXFAN13
05-27-2005, 01:47 PM
This weekend should be interesting because they always say that good pitching beats good hitting. That's something the Rangers haven't seen the past 3 games while playing the Royals...

Exactly. How soon we all forget that the Sox were able to slow down the Rangers bats when they were in Chicago two weeks ago.

This is going to be a fun series. I'd be absolutely thrilled if the Sox won two-of-three to finish the roadie at 6-4. I don't think any of us would have scoffed at that last Friday.

jackbrohamer
05-27-2005, 02:00 PM
Seriously, does anyone who has ever heard Sandberg talk for more than 10 seconds think he's capable of writing a weekly baseball "analysis" on his own? My guess is they paid him for his name and picture and some summer intern writes it for him.

BTW an overly-senile Harry Caray once referred to him as "Rino Berg" on the air. I always call him that, pisses off the Cub fans. :gulp:

HebrewHammer
05-27-2005, 02:31 PM
The Rangers have gotten hot by playing KC and Houston. I realize this series will be no cakewalk, but we should beat these guys.

Marquee matchup is Jon Garland vs Chan Ho Park? The only time marquee and Chan Ho Park should be in the same sentance is when a free agent bust convention is held.

Let's say Texas makes the playoffs and have to use Chan Ho Park in a decisive game. Is there any way he's not puking all over the mound in the bullpen?

Rocklive99
05-27-2005, 02:41 PM
I'm a lil scared about tonight's game. This is why I wanted Garland to start against the Flubs, not about beating the Flubs, but because I'd rather have McCarthy face the Angels (who were already struggling with the offense, and then lost Vlad) than the offense of Texas.

I know ST numbers don't mean anything, but IIRC Texas lit him up in ST, but I think he only faced Texas and Anaheim

Tekijawa
05-27-2005, 02:47 PM
I know ST numbers don't mean anything, but IIRC Texas lit him up in ST, but I think he only faced Texas and Anaheim

He faced Texas Twice, First time he Shut them down, and the Second time he got lit up (Last Game of ST)... I'm still not concerned... we take 2 of 3, Book it!

tstrike2000
05-27-2005, 03:31 PM
I think we can take 2 of 3. Texas is on a hot streak, but we also have McCarthy, Garland, and Buehrle going. I like our chances and I'll listen to Sandberg about as many times as I saw him dive for a ground ball at 2nd base which is none.

jdm2662
05-27-2005, 03:35 PM
Missing Kenny Rogers again is a blessing in disguise. This should be a very good series, but I have feeling they might be a bit flat tonight due to the very late check in time.
________
BRUNETTE PIGTAILS (http://www.****tube.com/categories/435/pigtails/videos/1)