PDA

View Full Version : Big Frank Gets a Slam!!!... Oh wait, never mind...

ma_deuce
05-27-2005, 09:46 AM
Anyone know the details on Frank's "slam?" All I heard was that the call was reversed after the opposing pitcher and catcher were tossed.

Deuce

mikehuff
05-27-2005, 10:06 AM
They're going to talk about it on the Carmen and Silvy show on ESPN1000 this morning. I guess they're going to interview Charlotte manager Nick Leyva in the 11:00 hour.

shaunburnette
05-27-2005, 11:24 AM
FORT MILL, S.C. --Despite a 0-for-4 performance, Frank Thomas did not disappoint the crowd at Knights Stadium Thursday night as the Knights pounded the Indians 11-3.

Thomas hit what was initially ruled a grand slam in the seventh inning, but after the ejections of Indians pitcher and catcher, the umpires reversed the call and called the runners back on the field. Thomas stepped back in the batters' box and grounded into the double play to end the inning.

The Knights controlled the game 3-2 when Thomas' call was reversed, and a six-run eighth sealed the win for the Knights who were never in danger of losing the game.

But this crowd came to see Thomas, and with his almost-grand slam, he obliged.

maurice
05-27-2005, 01:20 PM
That's brutal. I'm all in favor of getting the call right, but you can't reward that sort of behavior. You only encourage more BS and delay the game.