PDA

View Full Version : Nobody like the Urinal. Nobody!

DumpJerry
05-27-2005, 07:15 AM
Wow.....now the Urinal is losing friends in high places!
Cubs point finger--at Wrigley

By Paul Sullivan
Tribune staff reporter
Published May 27, 2005

Wrigley Field remains the Cubs' worst enemy in the minds of some players, as Carlos Zambrano said after Thursday's disheartening 5-2 loss to Colorado.

thepaulbowski
05-27-2005, 09:52 AM
Wow.....now the Urinal is losing friends in high places!

Everbody's/Everythings fault but the players...Bartman, goats, curses, the baseball, day games, gatorade being spilled on glove, etc.

Baby Fisk
05-27-2005, 09:59 AM
Everbody's/Everythings fault but the players...Bartman, goats, curses, the baseball, day games, gatorade being spilled on glove, etc.

Don't forget days when the wind blows in. Those days have ruined the Cubs' season!

MUScholar21
05-27-2005, 10:10 AM
Todd Walker was complaining about this yesterday on Silvy and Carmen. He mentioned the usual crap, like the wind blowing in and the grass is too long. Apparently even the groundskeepers are against the Cubs winning. I guess Dusty will have something to new whine about.

And once again, I say we all need to kiss the Sodfather's ring.

Banix12
05-27-2005, 03:27 PM
I will say that while it is cheap for a player to blame their woes on the field, there is some truth to his comments.

The long grass does create a problem allowing infielders to gobble up more plays, though honestly with the cubs lousy defensive infield they need the long grass. It works both ways. Todd Walker should thank god for that long grass in the field.

There are days when it is tough to hit the ball out and lends itself better toward a speed offense.

However it is the fault of the players for not adjusting their game for days when the wind is blowing in and it is the fault of the General Manager for not building a team condusive for playing well at their home field.