PDA

View Full Version : Game Notes 5/26 Sox at LAA

Fenway
05-26-2005, 09:08 PM
White Sox

http://presspass.mlb.com/docs/77/109/1700_1159.pdf

Los Angeles Angels of Orange County which is just a little south of LA in the State of California

http://presspass.mlb.com/docs/77/103/1100_1197.pdf

RKMeibalane
05-26-2005, 09:13 PM
The Angels need to drop the whole "Los Angeles" act. They've done nothing but leave themselves vulnerable to jokes and name-calling. Pretty soon, people are going to be referring to them as the "Los Angeles Angels of the Milky Way."

Fenway
05-26-2005, 09:21 PM
The Angels need to drop the whole "Los Angeles" act. They've done nothing but leave themselves vulnerable to jokes and name-calling. Pretty soon, people are going to be referring to them as the "Los Angeles Angels of the Milky Way."

It doesn't bother me one way or the other.

After all we have the New York Giants and Jets playing in New JERSEY

and the White Sox farm team in AAA actually plays in South Carolina

RKMeibalane
05-26-2005, 09:22 PM
It doesn't bother me one way or the other.

After all we have the New York Giants and Jets playing in New JERSEY

and the White Sox farm team in AAA actually plays in South Carolina

The difference is that everyone accepts those names. The Angels' actions have upset their community and divided their fan-base. Not a good idea, if you ask me.

gobears1987
05-26-2005, 09:26 PM
thanks for posting these every day Fenway. A ton of info in there.

Fenway
05-26-2005, 09:27 PM
The difference is that everyone accepts those names. The Angels' actions have upset their community and divided their fan-base. Not a good idea, if you ask me.

It's not like they are not drawing they get 35-40,000 every night

RKMeibalane
05-26-2005, 09:30 PM
It's not like they are not drawing they get 35-40,000 every night

I think they could do better. I'd like see them take fans away from the Dodgers. The Angels have been the superior team in the LA/Orange County area for a number of years, just as the White Sox have been the superior team in Chicago. It's time for the fans to start backing winning teams, rather than thinking about getting wasted every night.

Fenway
05-26-2005, 09:39 PM
I think they could do better. I'd like see them take fans away from the Dodgers. The Angels have been the superior team in the LA/Orange County area for a number of years, just as the White Sox have been the superior team in Chicago. It's time for the fans to start backing winning teams, rather than thinking about getting wasted every night.

My friends in Dodgerland say Frank McCourt is making mistakes that rival what JR and Eddie did 24 years ago. Even Vin Scully might walk away as he is not happy about the way Ross Porter was fired and replaced by Charlie Steiner.

McCourt is a Boston parking lot tycoon who failed to buy the Red Sox. Selig picked him over Malcolm Glasser to get the Dodgers but there are people in Boston that fear that he will wind up with the Red Sox in a few years after John Henry and Company take the $$$ and run.

They bought it for 700M and right now it is probably worth 1 Billion including NESN