PDA

View Full Version : Man I Just Bought the Ozzie Plan...

LVSoxFan
05-26-2005, 05:39 PM
Never done it before. Anybody else ever do it? So I'm guaranteed a Cubs/Sox game at the Cell. It was pretty sweet--you had a range of games to pick from. I got one for the Yanks, the Dodgers, Twins.

Seemed like the tix were cheaper than buying per game, too? Is that right?

Palehose13
05-26-2005, 05:48 PM
Never done it before. Anybody else ever do it? So I'm guaranteed a Cubs/Sox game at the Cell. It was pretty sweet--you had a range of games to pick from. I got one for the Yanks, the Dodgers, Twins.

Yeah...bought it in January. Bought tickets for the last weekend cause that is when I was hoping the Sox would win the division. What took you so long?

SOXfnNlansing
05-26-2005, 05:54 PM

Seemed like the tix were cheaper than buying per game, too? Is that right? where were the seat locations? Just curious.

Rocky Soprano
05-26-2005, 05:57 PM
Do you pay all up front? How does that work?

Palehose13
05-26-2005, 06:02 PM
Do you pay all up front? How does that work?

Yep...still paying that card.

na_na_na_na
05-26-2005, 06:07 PM
You pay everything up front but i think you get one ticket on the house. I can't remember.

Palehose13
05-26-2005, 06:08 PM
You pay everything up front but i think you get one ticket on the house. I can't remember.

You get the 13th game ticket for $13. I bought lower box, so that was nice...but your choices for the 13th game are limited.

Johnny Mostil
05-26-2005, 06:18 PM
I bought one a few weeks ago. First time I've had a Sox ticket package since 1986, when I was young and foolish with my money. Now I'm older and . . .

Anyway, when I bought, I asked for lower boxes, but I couldn't get them for all games (e.g., one of the Oriole games, the Bosox and Yankee games). I ended up taking outfield for those.

Johnny Mostil
05-26-2005, 06:21 PM

I don't think so--they're cheaper only because you get the 13th game for $13.

kevingrt
05-26-2005, 07:42 PM
Do you still have to pay those ugly "convinence charges?"

ChicagoHoosier
05-26-2005, 07:44 PM
Same concept at the Minny plan that I bought in Janurary. You get the 9th and last ticket for half price. You can pick a 1/2 price Monday as your 8th ticket as well to try to keep the cost down. I got the games I wanted as well (Opening Day, Cubs, Red Sox, Yankees, Dodgers). My only hope was that I could have gotten Premium Lower Box or whatever they call the season ticket seats in the lower level in the infield. After I realized I wasn't getting that, I was slightly disappointed with some of my seats, like Opening Day was row 3 in the left corner - 154 I think - which is a horrible angle to watch a ballgame, but that's what I get for waiting until Janurary. I originally was going to buy them in December and waited a month to decide.

Now that I've already bought tickets to three more games and counting, I'm wondering if I should have gone the Ozzie route since it gives you access to post-season tickets if we're lucky enough to need them. But, I think the majority of the extra games I'm going to go to will be Mondays anyway.

ewokpelts
05-26-2005, 07:50 PM
Do you still have to pay those ugly "convinence charges?"
7 bucks flat fee for the whole package

ewokpelts
05-26-2005, 07:55 PM
Same concept at the Minny plan that I bought in Janurary. You get the 9th and last ticket for half price. You can pick a 1/2 price Monday as your 8th ticket as well to try to keep the cost down. I got the games I wanted as well (Opening Day, Cubs, Red Sox, Yankees, Dodgers). My only hope was that I could have gotten Premium Lower Box or whatever they call the season ticket seats in the lower level in the infield. After I realized I wasn't getting that, I was slightly disappointed with some of my seats, like Opening Day was row 3 in the left corner - 154 I think - which is a horrible angle to watch a ballgame, but that's what I get for waiting until Janurary. I originally was going to buy them in December and waited a month to decide.

Now that I've already bought tickets to three more games and counting, I'm wondering if I should have gone the Ozzie route since it gives you access to post-season tickets if we're lucky enough to need them. But, I think the majority of the extra games I'm going to go to will be Mondays anyway.
i think they should have offered a monday st package.....
look at this.....

ALL half price mondays(9 games)
One Game In April/May - regular price
One Game in September - regular price
One "extra" game - (tues-thurs) Half Price

The Sox sell 12 games, 9 of which are already half price.
More tickets sold, and sox have potential customer for "real" st packages.

I've always wondered why the sox didnt cater to the guys who buy all half off games the day tix go on sale. This would be a package I'd buy, and I already have a weekend package.
Gene