PDA

View Full Version : Schedule starting to turn

voodoochile
05-26-2005, 11:09 AM
Thankfully, after today, the Sox get the next 4 Thursday's off. This has been a brutal start to the season with few days off and schedules more like you see in August. The Sox only had 2 days off in May and next Wednesday will wrap up a stretch of 29 games in 30 days.

Considering how little time off they have had this season, they are playing great ball. It will be nice to start getting pitchers an extra day's rest, giving the bullpen a chance to heal and in general letting everyone get away from the game for a day once a week.

RKMeibalane
05-26-2005, 11:20 AM
Thankfully, after today, the Sox get the next 4 Thursday's off. This has been a brutal start to the season with few days off and schedules more like you see in August. The Sox only had 2 days off in May and next Wednesday will wrap up a stretch of 29 games in 30 days.

Considering how little time off they have had this season, they are playing great ball. It will be nice to start getting pitchers an extra day's rest, giving the bullpen a chance to heal and in general letting everyone get away from the game for a day once a week.

It also lessens the amount of games that Frank misses, so that he can be availible as much as possible when he returns.

Baby Fisk
05-26-2005, 11:21 AM

That June schedule looks pretty good too:

Angels = 1 game
Tribe = 3 games
Rox = 3 games
Padres = 3 games
D-backs = 3 games
Dodgers = 3 games
Royals = 3 games (Jerry Manuel's return to USCF?)
Cubs = 3 games
Tigers = 3 games

Fewer than half of those games are against teams with winning records. The easy ride to the division title continues. :cool:

SOXfnNlansing
05-26-2005, 11:31 AM
I was observing that when the Sox return home Monday, they will have completed 30 road games and 21 home games. It looks pretty good (the schedule) in June.

Tekijawa
05-26-2005, 11:32 AM
...giving the bullpen a chance to heal and in general letting everyone get away from the game for a day once a week.

Yeah they've had a Brutal run so far!

mantis1212
05-26-2005, 11:37 AM
This also gives El Duque more opportunities to rest, maybe skip a start here and there. Keeping him healthy is going to be key to finishing out this season in September/October/November.

elrod
05-26-2005, 11:41 AM
Only Philadelphia has played more games than the White Sox.

Philly: 48
Sox, Nats, Mets, D'Backs, D-Rays: 47
Most others are 46 and 45.
Schlubs, Tigers (snow-outs), Bucs, Rox: 44
Marlins: 43

Oh, and check out our starting pitcher stats:

27-7, 3.19 ERA, .239 BAA, .658 OPS against 1.18 WHIP

That's phenomenal.

kevingrt
05-26-2005, 12:02 PM

You have to admit watching the White Sox every night and day ain't bad though. Especially when they win. I mean what else are you going to do at 9:05 PM on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday? You got to love to watch these guys.

But yes you are right. The starting pitchers do need an extra day off and players like PK then never take a break are probably dying for one right about now.

LVSoxFan
05-26-2005, 12:06 PM
LOL how true: my daily routine is messed up when the Sox aren't on, and my weekends don't seem complete without going to a game (thank God they're here Monday).

What a great run so far. Listen: if we can take the Angels series, I will truly be psyched for this season. I still can't believe we just won two in a row.

Johnny Mostil
05-26-2005, 12:09 PM
This also gives El Duque more opportunities to rest, maybe skip a start here and there. Keeping him healthy is going to be key to finishing out this season in September/October/November.

November?!? I hope not. (How many World Series snowouts are you expecting?:o: )

mweflen
05-26-2005, 12:31 PM
unfortunately, it also means no dollar dog thursdays.

why can't they take wendesdays off instead? :smile:

Over By There
05-26-2005, 12:36 PM
We'll be better rested than the other teams going into October. :cool:

Sox of White
05-26-2005, 12:37 PM
LOL how true: my daily routine is messed up when the Sox aren't on, and my weekends don't seem complete without going to a game (thank God they're here Monday).

Yeah, whenever the Sox have a day off I feel so empty. Like I do not know what to do with myself.

bluestar
05-26-2005, 12:44 PM
unfortunately, it also means no dollar dog thursdays.

why can't they take wendesdays off instead? :smile:

Your colon will be that much better off. :D:

clogoodie
05-26-2005, 02:16 PM
Only Philadelphia has played more games than the White Sox.

Philly: 48
Sox, Nats, Mets, D'Backs, D-Rays: 47
Most others are 46 and 45.
Schlubs, Tigers (snow-outs), Bucs, Rox: 44
Marlins: 43

Oh, and check out our starting pitcher stats:

27-7, 3.19 ERA, .239 BAA, .658 OPS against 1.18 WHIP

That's phenomenal.

I might be wrong, but I don't think we've had a single rainout. That...coupled with few off-days is why we're on the high-end of games played...

nasox
05-26-2005, 02:39 PM

And maybe the colons of some cows and pigs. :D:

SOXSINCE'70
05-26-2005, 03:10 PM
That June schedule looks pretty good too:

Angels = 1 game
Tribe = 3 games
Rox = 3 games
Padres = 3 games
D-backs = 3 games
Dodgers = 3 games
Royals = 3 games (Jerry Manuel's return to USCF?)
Cubs = 3 games
Tigers = 3 games

Fewer than half of those games are against teams with winning records. The easy ride to the division title continues. :cool:

The easier an opponent looks,the more you have to avoid playing
down to their level.Also,the Pads,D-Backs and Dodgers are making
a race for 1st place in the NL West.Some are calling the
Pads the best team in the NL right now.Those 3
interleague opponents mentioned above will be far
from a cakewalk for the Sox.
But it will be nice to see them finally get 1 well deserved day of
rest a week.The schedule has been brutal due to lack of off days thus far.

SOXSINCE'70
05-26-2005, 03:16 PM

At least it won't be as fat as Bartolo Colon.:roflmao: :roflmao: