PDA

View Full Version : More Media Paranoia

davenicholson
05-26-2005, 09:42 AM
Trying on my tin foil hat...I was watching Once and Future City on Discovery HD Theater, an interesting series that picks a great city of the world and does an hour fluff piece on it. This one featured the greatest city, of course, Chicago. I didn't really learn anything new, but there was some beautiful shots of the city in HD, so I stuck around. All of the expected stuff was there: the Great Chicago Fire of 1871, the diverse architecture, the blues, a couple of sympathetic pieces on Capone and Dillinger, etc.

Then came sports, and how Chicagoans love their teams: The Bulls, the Bears, and most of all, the Cubs. What followed essentially amounted to a gag-inducing 5 minute commercial for all things cubbie and the place in which they play. The White Sox? Oh yeah, they got a mention, too. About 30 seconds covering the 1919 World Series.

SSN721
05-26-2005, 10:14 AM
I hope Hangar didnt see this, it is hard enough for him to fight the good fight against the local media, let alone the Discovery channel. :D:

Hitmen77
05-26-2005, 10:19 AM
I hope Hangar didnt see this, it is hard enough for him to fight the good fight against the local media, let alone the Discovery channel. :D:

I think we should start calling it the DisCUBery Channel!!!!

SSN721
05-26-2005, 10:28 AM
I think we should start calling it the DisCUBery Channel!!!!

Why is that in teal? :D: LOL awesome.

Hangar18
05-26-2005, 10:44 AM

Im glad I didnt see that ....... :angry: Why do people think it proper to stumble and fall over themselves to say the same things others have said before them?
This nonsense is bordering on the moronic. How many more CubFluff pieces
can we see?

MUScholar21
05-26-2005, 10:46 AM
Im glad I didnt see that ....... :angry: Why do people think it proper to stumble and fall over themselves to say the same things others have said before them?
can we see?

Hangar, just calm yourself, take a deep breath (and some medication), and hang with us for the rest of the season. You can't spontaneously combust during a charmed season.

davenicholson
05-26-2005, 10:54 AM
can we see?
Well, I still have it on my DVR if you want to come by!

maurice
05-26-2005, 12:34 PM
The Bears are the #1 team in this town and have been for quite some time.

Uncle_Patrick
05-26-2005, 12:48 PM

http://www.angelfire.com/il2/cubssuck/dumbitch.jpg

"How can you say that? Everyone loves the Cubbies best! Everyone!"

davenicholson
05-26-2005, 01:21 PM
I agree, but you would never know it by watching this show!