PDA

View Full Version : Upgrades that our needed for our sox to go all the way

The Anti-Cub
05-26-2005, 04:17 AM
Alright, in recent years we've seen KW has made trades well before the trade deadline to improve our ball club. Surely he has some more up his sleeve. I say, why wait? Let's make the move during the month of June. I made of list of needed players to fill holes.

Catcher: Now that the A's are out of the race, let's finally get Jason Kendall.

1st Base: If Tod Helton is available, GET HIM.

2nd Base: Tadahito is exceptional

Shortstop: Let's try and trade for Omar Vizquel. He fits Ozzie's mold for the team.

3rd Base: Houston is so far out of it, we should persuade them to part with Morgan Ensberg. He does everything right.

LF: Eric Byrnes. He epitomizes what KW refers to as a "grinder".

CF: Andruw Jones might be an upgrade over Rowand. I believe he switch hits, or is that Chipper Jones? The fact of the matter is, he takes better routes to balls and has post-season experience.

RF: We have enough RF's already in Dye and Everett.

Pitchers: Bob Howry, Tanyon Sturtze for long relief, Brad Lidge, Billy Wagner, Octavio Dotel, Jason Jennings

Bench: Jose Vizcaino could be an upgrade over Pablo Ozuna.

Here's to taking 2 out of 3 in Anaheim :gulp:

doublem23
05-26-2005, 04:23 AM
Yeah, it's not like this team has the best record in baseball or anything.

:rolleyes:

Why don't you write Uncle Jerry that check for the $100 million payroll expansion your proposing and I'm sure KW will get right on it.

Personally, I only see the Sox really getting some help on the bench and in the bullpen. I don't know how much more money is in the coffers for KW to spend, and to be honest, watching this team play the first 45 games of the year, I'm not too sure how many radical moves I want KW to be making.

Cubbiesuck13
05-26-2005, 05:07 AM
This has to be one the dumbest posts I have ever read. And that's saying alot because I usually read mine. I hope KW doesn't trade anyone unless someone gets hurt for the year. We have 6 starting pitchers and a great bullpen. Everyone is doing their job on D and we have guys who are getting clutch hits.

SSN721
05-26-2005, 06:47 AM
Alright, in recent years we've seen KW has made trades well before the trade deadline to improve our ball club. Surely he has some more up his sleeve. I say, why wait? Let's make the move during the month of June. I made of list of needed players to fill holes.

Shortstop: Let's try and trade for Omar Vizquel. He fits Ozzie's mold for the team.

3rd Base: Houston is so far out of it, we should persuade them to part with Morgan Ensberg. He does everything right.

CF: Andruw Jones might be an upgrade over Rowand. I believe he switch hits, or is that Chipper Jones? The fact of the matter is, he takes better routes to balls and has post-season experience.

Pitchers: Bob Howry, Tanyon Sturtze for long relief, Brad Lidge, Billy Wagner, Octavio Dotel, Jason Jennings

I think that the only trades worthy of discussion in there is Helton, Lidge, or Wagner. While we are talking fantasies or implausible trades, as Seattle falls further out I would love to see the Sox pick up Ichiro. SOme of these are ridiculous though, if these all went through it would change the entire dynamic of the team. That is crazy with the record we have at this point.

tlebar318
05-26-2005, 09:56 AM
I think that the only trades worthy of discussion in there is Helton, Lidge, or Wagner. While we are talking fantasies or implausible trades, as Seattle falls further out I would love to see the Sox pick up Ichiro. SOme of these are ridiculous though, if these all went through it would change the entire dynamic of the team. That is crazy with the record we have at this point.

Exactly! why fix what ain't broke? I would like to see a little more offense brought in and another backup infielder but to change the entire dynamic of this team would be ridiculous...

Baby Fisk
05-26-2005, 09:58 AM

This list is madness.

fquaye149
05-26-2005, 10:02 AM
can we upgrade the fanbase to reduce the amount of stupid threads?

HebrewHammer
05-26-2005, 10:16 AM
Green seats

Palehose13
05-26-2005, 10:16 AM

:?:

So let me see if I got this right...You want to replace everyone but second base and RF on the best team in baseball.

I know you're a neophyte, but :kukoo:

mikehuff
05-26-2005, 10:22 AM
There's probably a reason this ended up in "What's The Score"

I don't believe this is a legitimate post, especially since this was "The Anti-Cub's" second post.

jkrohn
05-26-2005, 10:24 AM
The logic of that post is unstoppable! "Well sure we have the best record in baseball and great team chemistry, but in order to win it all, we have to get rid of EVERYONE"

Lol, that post just made my day. Some people man.

voodoochile
05-26-2005, 10:26 AM
*****!

Post of the weak...

:threadsucks

ilsox7
05-26-2005, 10:27 AM

Haha. Exactly my thoughts.

Mickster
05-26-2005, 10:45 AM

POTW! *****!!! :thumbsup:

The Anti-Cub
05-26-2005, 03:50 PM
Will most of these trades end up happening? Probably not. But, you cannot argue with the fact that these trades would makes us the indisputable, hands-down favorites. Just imagine a Tod Helton batting before Frank and/or Omar Vizquel patrolling short-stop. Omar is a smart hitter and doesn't hack and every freakin pitch like Uribe. As for Kendall, he would be a great addition. We could platoon him at catcher with AJ.

ondafarm
05-26-2005, 03:54 PM

Great, except it's a four game series.

SpammySosa
05-26-2005, 04:02 PM

Do a little dance:dtroll: make a ridiculious thread:dtroll: get down tonight:dtroll: get down tonight!:supernana:

Chisox003
05-26-2005, 04:09 PM
Im gonna go ahead and confirm what we already know....

:threadblows: :gulp:

ja1022
05-26-2005, 04:16 PM
:?:

So let me see if I got this right...You want to replace everyone but second base and RF on the best team in baseball.

I know you're a neophyte, but :kukoo:

No, no, no. He's right, cuz ths way we never, ever, ever, forever lose another game again, ever. Never, ever.

DumpJerry
05-26-2005, 04:17 PM
Ok, first sign that this was going to be off-kilter: the word he wants to use is probably "are," not "our"

This thread needs a reality check, BTW. The proposed "deals" are not even worth discussing.

Frater Perdurabo
05-26-2005, 04:20 PM
Albert Pujols definitely would make the Sox better, too. :kukoo:

Jjav829
05-26-2005, 04:22 PM

Yeah, Podsednik isn't doing a good enough job. Byrnes and his .328 OBP would be such an improvement. :?::o: :?: :o:

The Anti-Cub
05-26-2005, 04:27 PM
Yeah, Podsednik isn't doing a good enough job. Byrnes and his .328 OBP would be such an improvement. :?::o: :?: :o:

I'm not suggesting Byrnes start, but I do suggest a platoon between the two.

fquaye149
05-26-2005, 04:56 PM

no.

Mickster
05-26-2005, 04:58 PM

http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/images/Soupnazi.jpg

"No Byrnes for you!"