PDA

View Full Version : Why didn't Rowand bunt?

little nicky
05-26-2005, 02:16 AM
Hello everybody,first time post here. My question is how come Rowand didn't bunt tonite? Iguchi led off two times and reached first,I feel he should have at least try to advance him to second. Plus Konerko has been swinging better lately. Instead we get two double-plays...dud! Thanks,for your responses. .....GO GO SOX!!! ciao,lil'nicky "77 HITMEN"-(what a summer that was)

Whitesox029
05-26-2005, 02:18 AM
Hello everybody,first time post here. My question is how come Rowand didn't bunt tonite? Iguchi led off two times and reached first,I feel he should have at least try to advance him to second. Plus Konerko has been swinging better lately. Instead we get two double-plays...dud! Thanks,for your responses. .....GO GO SOX!!! ciao,lil'nicky "77 HITMEN"-(what a summer that was)
Before the Anaheim series, Rowand had been swinging a pretty hot bat. With a multiple run lead most of the way, my guess is that Ozzie didn't want to take the bat out of his hands.
Oh and... :welcome:!!!
You're really going to like it here.
:gulp::supernana::bandance:

PicktoCLick72
05-26-2005, 02:21 AM
AS much as the Sox prach small ball, they have to expect offense out of the 3 spot. YOu can't be giving him up just to get the runner over. Mayebe if the game was tied or we were down one. Besides, the one DP Iguchi was running on 3-2 so we couldn't do anything about.

elrod
05-26-2005, 08:54 AM
On the DP Rowand hit a line smash right at the 3rd baseman. Most times that rattles around the corner for a run-scoring double. No reason for Rowand to bunt in that situation.

ChicagoHoosier
05-26-2005, 10:59 AM
I hate giving up outs for movign the runner unless it's appropriate. If we can't expect Rowand to swing the bat in that situation, then he's not our 3-hole hitter. I'm glad Ozzie didn't have him bunt either time.

Now, 8th or 9th inning, tie or down one ballgame, maybe it's a different story.

ondafarm
05-26-2005, 11:03 AM
I've seen Rowand bunt or at least try to. Not a pretty sight. I don't think he can bunt for a hit and I think last nights early lead mitigated against any need for him to try bunting.