View Full Version : Wednesday's Winning PTC

voodoochile
05-26-2005, 12:44 AM
:walnuts
"Sometimes I do okay..."

Made it an easy night for Freddy...

itsnotrequired
05-26-2005, 12:46 AM
Blast!!! Yet again I pick the starting pitcher, an amazing performance is delivered and I can't cash in on it. Trade Konerko!:D:

CubsfansareDRUNK
05-26-2005, 12:51 AM
Konerko was my BU, sweet

CLR01
05-26-2005, 12:55 AM
Konerko was my BU, sweet

Garcia pitched you don't get credit. :kukoo:

chisoxfanatic
05-26-2005, 01:23 AM
Of course, I had to sit him for the first time ever in favor of Shefield on my fantasy league team...Hopefully he can do more of the same tomorrow when I play him at 1B.

Congrats, Konerko...In hopes that you'll get on a hot streak.

doublem23
05-26-2005, 02:54 AM
TBGR... West Coast winner! (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=2844)

The Racehorse
05-26-2005, 05:00 AM
Konerko was my BU, sweet

Garcia pitched you don't get credit. :kukoo:

I though credit was given if a back-up PTC was selected by a Moderator? :?:

doublem23
05-26-2005, 06:58 AM
I though credit was given if a back-up PTC was selected by a Moderator? :?:

The back-up PTC is only used if your first pick is a late scratch or just doesn't play. For instance, if you picked Scott Podsednik for Wednesday's game and Paul Konerko as your back-up, then you'd have won because Scott didn't play. But if you picked Garcia with Konerko backing him up, you lose because Freddy did play today.

Defitely a byproduct of those whacky Jerry Manuel line-ups that were wholly unpredictable and meant to save users the hassle of logging in the 10 minutes between when the starting nine were announced and game time to make your PTC.

Tekijawa
05-26-2005, 09:36 AM
Thanks for the B-Day present Pauly... looks like I'll be moving up the rankings because of you!

The Racehorse
05-26-2005, 01:35 PM
The back-up PTC is only used if your first pick is a late scratch or just doesn't play. For instance, if you picked Scott Podsednik for Wednesday's game and Paul Konerko as your back-up, then you'd have won because Scott didn't play. But if you picked Garcia with Konerko backing him up, you lose because Freddy did play today.

Defitely a byproduct of those whacky Jerry Manuel line-ups that were wholly unpredictable and meant to save users the hassle of logging in the 10 minutes between when the starting nine were announced and game time to make your PTC.

Ahhhhh... I see. And all this time I though we basically had two cracks per game... not that I'm disappointed or anything because I definitely have the reverse-midas touch on these type of things.

Thanks for the clarification. :cool: