05-26-2005, 12:39 AM
http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/CAFS105052600_viewer.jpg

Ozuna with the GLOVE!

PeteWard
Hermanson on All-star team?

CanBuehrleWait
Guess some pub to Konerko on the dinger tooo... but Freddys on my fantasy team .... so's Hermy.... Go SOX!!!:supernana:

itsnotrequired
Awesome game for Garcia. Way to go!!!

As a bonus, Twins lost so we go up another game on them.

ma_deuce
:winner

Great googly-moogly!

elrod
05-26-2005, 12:40 AM
First back-to-back wins in Anaheim since 1998. 1998!!!

Bengie Molina's fly ball went further than I thought it would. I thought Curtis Pride's fly ball was a goner as soon as it was hit, but it didn't make the track. Either way, another win on the road.

Fake Chet Lemon
05-26-2005, 12:41 AM
I'll chalk up the 1st game to a letdown after the Cubs and travel fatigue. So lets go for the three game "sweep" tomorrow!

Bisco Stu

Bengie Molina's fly ball went further than I thought it would. I thought Curtis Pride's fly ball was a goner as soon as it was hit, but it didn't make the track. Either way, another win on the road.

Ya gotta admit, Curtis Pride is a great baseball name.

ElDuque26
dustin got my heart skippin a bit but this staff is sooo :angry:HOT:angry: right now. Itd be nice to see a bit more insurance but that youngster Peralta was straight up dealin. BlackJack tomorrow with DJ...should be interesting

SOXfnNlansing
:bandance: Garcia, Hermie, PK, did the damage and the rest played solid to preserve the win....:bandance:

PeteWard
05-26-2005, 12:42 AM
A six-game lead!! Is that the biggest of the year so far?

A.T. Money
Good to see us win some games in Anaheim.

Let's grab tomorrow's and go into Texas with some good momentum.

TaylorStSox
:gulp:!

Fake Chet Lemon
Glad to see Ozzie remembered he has a bench. They really came through.

Sox of White

Woah, glad we snapped that.

Bisco Stu
05-26-2005, 12:43 AM
Don't forget Widger. Called a solid game and a HR taboot.

elrod
Ya gotta admit, Curtis Pride is a great baseball name.

I believe he is hard of hearing, if not completely deaf, too. Which makes him a great baseball story too.

gosox83
:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

The SOX WIN!!!!!!! AND the twins lose a demoralizing one. Nathan gives up a game tying home run to the first batter in the ninth for a Blown Save.

cubs LOSE
CARDS WIN

ITS ALL GOOD :smile:

What do we do when we are so many games up they won't let you put that much fruit in your message??????????

SOXfnNlansing
05-26-2005, 12:45 AM

What do we do when we are so many games up they won't let you put that much fruit in your message?????????? That will be a great problem to have now won't it?

owensmouth
I got a feeling that tomorrow's game is gonna be another tough one. Let'a win it and take this series.

DickAllen72
Sox win! Twins lose! Sox 6 games up! :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

No Sox Post-Game Show on Comcast?????

The Cubs who lost got a post game show that took the place of the Sox Pre-Game Show!

Screw Comcast.

Chisox003
Paulie "club house cancer overpaid worst cleanup hitter" Konerko with the game winner in the 1st inning, as Freddy = Lights out

Look out!

33-14

cheeses_h_rice
Sox win.
Garcia deals.
PK hits a meaningful 3-run homer.
Widger plays lights out.
Bullpen seals the deal.
Twins choke.
Flubs lose to one of the worst teams in baseball.

Life is good.

:gulp:

chisoxfanatic
05-26-2005, 12:46 AM
We are 33-14, guys!!! How incredible is that??? :gulp:

The most awesome thing about tonight's game probably won't be mentioned very much, and that's Chris Widger. The guy hasn't played in 10 days, and he hits very well, goes yard, and calls a great game.

Twins lose too, so we gain more ground on those losers!!! I love it!!! Minnesota must be getting a little sick of this "toying" we are doing with them, and frankly, they deserve it for the punks they've been the past few years!!! Eat THAT, Torii Loser!!!

:supernana:

NSSoxFan
05-26-2005, 12:47 AM
Paulie "club house cancer overpaid worst cleanup hitter" Konerko with the game winner in the 1st inning, as Freddy = Lights out

Look out!

33-14

Yea, someone tell Kenny to start working on that Helton deal. :rolleyes:

voodoochile
:winner

:twinslose:

"We're not here to feathers ruffle..."

Kogs35
Freddy:bandance: :gulp: PK:bandance: :gulp: WIDGER!!!!!! :bandance: :gulp: HERMY:bandance: :gulp: :supernana: 33-14!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nellie_Fox
05-26-2005, 12:48 AM
Guess some pub to Konerko on the dinger tooo... but Freddys on my fantasy team .... so's Hermy.... Go SOX!!!Just remember, it's your fantasy. Nobody else cares.

gosox83
05-26-2005, 12:49 AM
Can you say 20 games over!!??? thats where we will be after we take this series tomorrow!!!!!!!!

:dtroll: :bandance: :redneck :supernana: :)

Can't wait to hear KW in the booth tomorrow.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention URIBE GOT A HIT!!! Beginning of a streak?

chisoxfanatic
05-26-2005, 12:49 AM
That will be a great problem to have now won't it?

I personally want the Twins to be remotely close all season long so that the Sox never remotely get "comfy" and back themselves into the playoffs. I think the 10.5 game lead the Sox had at the All Star Break over Cleveland caused them to get a little careless in play during the second half, and translated to a poor performance in the playoffs.

I want this team to win the division in the last week of play so that they'll be playing hard all the way down...

FarWestChicago
05-26-2005, 12:50 AM
Yea, someone tell Kenny to start working on that Helton deal. :rolleyes:Yes, that one hit excuses the back stabbing of teammates in the media. I would never want you on any team of mine.

:walnuts

NSSoxFan is right. **** your teammates. It's all about me!!

SpammySosa
05-26-2005, 12:50 AM
DJ is becoming even more brutal to listen to! On the other hand,a small price to pay to witness a White Sox Winner! :bandance: Looking VERY foward to hearing Blackjack tomorrow! :D:

HebrewHammer
05-26-2005, 12:52 AM
:hawk
"Back over .700...YES!"

gosox83
05-26-2005, 12:53 AM
Will D.J. bring up the name Mark Whiten to Blackjack tomorrow, like he brought up Nolan Ryan to Ventura???????

GO SOX!!

Whittle that magic number down!!!!!!!:supernana:

Konerkoholic
05-26-2005, 12:53 AM
I personally want the Twins to be remotely close all season long so that the Sox never remotely get "comfy" and back themselves into the playoffs. I think the 10.5 game lead the Sox had at the All Star Break over Cleveland caused them to get a little careless in play during the second half, and translated to a poor performance in the playoffs.

I want this team to win the division in the last week of play so that they'll be playing hard all the way down...

I don't buy into that stuff. I want the Sox to win the division by 20 games because it means fewer heart attacks for everyone.

PeteWard
05-26-2005, 12:55 AM
olic]I don't buy into that stuff. I want the Sox to win the division by 20 games because it means fewer heart attacks for everyone.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I wan t Ozzie to start setting his rotation for playoffs in August!!

gosox83
05-26-2005, 12:56 AM
I don't buy into that stuff. I want the Sox to win the division by 20 games because it means fewer heart attacks for everyone.

Amen to that. I don't want us to lay an egg in the playoffs either, but I want the playoffs too bad to let that team hang around and even have a chance come September!

CanBuehrleWait
05-26-2005, 12:56 AM
Just remember, it's your fantasy. Nobody else cares.

It's a nice fantasy though.:cool:

hose
05-26-2005, 12:57 AM
The Sox are 5-1 with the Pope in the booth.:wink:

seanpmurphy
05-26-2005, 12:58 AM
Yes indeed. It's so nice to spend a comfortable evening at the Urinal watching the Cubs lose, seeing a lot of empty seats at the "always packed" Wrigley Field, and having people around me complain "I don't see why Sox fans come to Wrigley to watch other teams win" to which I replied "I don't see why Cub fans come to the Cell to watch other teams lose"
Those two Cubs fans = :whiner:

I get home just in time to watch the Sox win a big game.
Twins lose.

What a great evening!

gosox83
05-26-2005, 12:59 AM
The Sox are 33 - 14 with anyone in the booth!!!

Huisj
05-26-2005, 01:00 AM

hmm, wasn't it more like the pitching staff got hit with some injuries and the team kind of limped into the playoffs? that's how I remember it. without that 10 game lead, they never would have made the playoffs. they needed every game they could get with the crap the staff went through down the stretch.

Eldred missed pretty much the rest of the year, Baldwin missed a number of starts and lost his form for a while. Parque and Sirotka were still ok, but obviously something was going on with them, because Sirotka hasn't pitched since the playoffs, and Parque hasn't ever pitched well since the playoffs.

Anyone else I'm forgetting?

Chisox003
Yes indeed. It's so nice to spend a comfortable evening at the Urinal watching the Cubs lose, seeing a lot of empty seats at the "always packed" Wrigley Field, and having people around me complain "I don't see why Sox fans come to Wrigley to watch other teams win" to which I replied "I don't see why Cub fans come to the Cell to watch other teams lose"

Twins lose.

What a great evening!

Zing!

NSSoxFan
Yes, that one hit excuses the back stabbing of teammates in the media. I would never want you on any team of mine.

:walnuts

NSSoxFan is right. **** your teammates. It's all about me!!

FWC, I have agreed with your Konerko view. Especially the part where he feels he has the right to call out teammates when he is actually hitting.

That 3 Run HR definitely does not excuse Konerko's sub-par hitting and questionable clubhouse manner. But, you can't honestly tell me that you'd want Helton on this team over Konerko. If you can, then I digress.

BTW, I would be a great teammate. :cool:

SpammySosa
05-26-2005, 01:01 AM
The Sox are 5-1 with the Pope in the booth.:wink:

That's their record with me at the ballpark this year too!:bandance:

JB98
05-26-2005, 01:01 AM

Baaah. I think injuries to our pitching staff killed our momentum late in 2000. That was a bigger problem than careless play.

I hope we run away, although I think the Twins are going to hang around.

PeteWard
05-26-2005, 01:02 AM
With Garcia starting to dominate, this team, if the run-production improves even a bit, is going to be scary. Well, it is scary already but can you imagine if the Sox start to get hot at the plate?

seanpmurphy
05-26-2005, 01:05 AM

To hell with that! I want the Sox to absolutely destroy everyone in their division. I want them going into palyoffs knowing they're the best and not just thinking it. I want them feeling like they have handled everyone all season long and didn't have to squeak it out in the last week. Not a feeling of invincibility, but a feeling of absolute control of where they are heading and how they are playing. It's time the Sox force the nation to look upon them and smile.

TaylorStSox
05-26-2005, 01:06 AM

Twins lose.

What a great evening!

Wrong thread.

TaylorStSox
05-26-2005, 01:08 AM
I'd like to run away with the division to get our pitchers a rest. Ozzie lets guys go deep. It's a philosophy I agree with. However, I want them 4 fresh starters if we make it to the playoffs.

ND_Sox_Fan
05-26-2005, 01:09 AM
But, you can't honestly tell me that you'd want Helton on this team over Konerko. If you can, then I digress.

Teal missing?? (Unfortunately, I know that you are not kidding).

On another note, I was glad to see Marte exit when he did tonight. He didn't have the same fastball tonight that he had last night.

I believe he is hard of hearing, if not completely deaf, too. Which makes him a great baseball story too.

Yes, Curtis Pride is completely deaf.

PicktoCLick72
05-26-2005, 01:10 AM
I bet Konerko ripped Uribe for only getting one hit today. Big hit by the cancer today and also a nice shot by Widgy. Freddy is heating up which is just awesome. If Contreras can improve off of his game on Sturday, this pitching staff could improve on the way they have been pitching already this year. No matter what the outcome tomorrow its nice to see us not look lost out here on the west coast. I could get use to Joe Nathan blowing saves like he did tonight. Anyways time for some potassium filled fruit on speed.:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

hose
05-26-2005, 01:10 AM
That's their record with me at the ballpark this year too!:bandance:

Keep going to games!!!!!!:cool:

Lip Man 1
05-26-2005, 01:13 AM
At least a split in Anaheim...God only knows when the last time that happened. A win tomorrow is gravy.

Lip

TaylorStSox
05-26-2005, 01:14 AM
Teal missing?? (Unfortunately, I know that you are not kidding).

On another note, I was glad to see Marte exit when he did tonight. He didn't have the same fastball tonight that he had last night.

Yes, Curtis Pride is completely deaf.

That's one hell of a feel good story. It'd be awesome if he could break in for a few years.

veeter
05-26-2005, 01:16 AM
The Sox pitching staff is relentless. Also, it's nice to add players not afraid of the west coast. Players like Freddy, Iguchi etc. The Sox and Orioles are rising to the top.

JB98
05-26-2005, 01:16 AM
hmm, wasn't it more like the pitching staff got hit with some injuries and the team kind of limped into the playoffs? that's how I remember it. without that 10 game lead, they never would have made the playoffs. they needed every game they could get with the crap the staff went through down the stretch.

Eldred missed pretty much the rest of the year, Baldwin missed a number of starts and lost his form for a while. Parque and Sirotka were still ok, but obviously something was going on with them, because Sirotka hasn't pitched since the playoffs, and Parque hasn't ever pitched well since the playoffs.

Well, we had Kevin Beirne (sp?) up on the major-league roster. That should tell you the dire straits we were in at that point. We needed the playoffs to come in June that year.

PicktoCLick72
05-26-2005, 01:17 AM
Originally Posted by TaylorStSox

It'd be awesome if he could break in for a few years.

He has been in and out of the league for about 5 years. I believe he first came up with the Tigers.

JB98
05-26-2005, 01:17 AM
That's one hell of a feel good story. It'd be awesome if he could break in for a few years.

I think he's toward the end of his career now, isn't he? He's been around awhile.

ilsox7
05-26-2005, 01:18 AM

He's played parts of seasons going back to 1993 in the bigs.

TaylorStSox
05-26-2005, 01:19 AM
He has been in and out of the league for about 5 years. I believe he first came up with the Tigers.

That's what I just read. To be honest, I've never heard of the guy. Hopefully, he'll stick this time.

Huisj
05-26-2005, 01:21 AM
At least a split in Anaheim...God only knows when the last time that happened. A win tomorrow is gravy.

Lip

July 27-30, 2000

7-27-2000 (http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/07272000.htm)BOX (http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/B07270ANA2000.htm) At ANA A W 6- 5 63-39 Garland (2-2) Cooper (4-5) Foulke (19) 24394 3:24 night
7-28-2000 (http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/07282000.htm)BOX (http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/B07280ANA2000.htm) At ANA A L 7-10 63-40 Holtz (1-2) Beirne (1-1) Percival (24) 40711 3:13 night
7-29-2000 (http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/07292000.htm)BOX (http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/B07290ANA2000.htm) At ANA A L 5- 6 63-41 Bottenfield (7-8) Barcelo (0-1) Percival (25) 25881 3:09 day
7-30-2000 (http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/07302000.htm)BOX (http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/B07300ANA2000.htm) At ANA A W 11- 7 (10) 64-41 Foulke (2-0) Levine (2-4)

No, I'm not God.

edit: check out the record there. 23 games over .500. That's only 4 more over .500 than the sox are right now!

ND_Sox_Fan
05-26-2005, 01:24 AM
That's what I just read. To be honest, I've never heard of the guy. Hopefully, he'll stick this time.

He's been around since 1993. He played in 95 games for the 1996 Tigers, 81 for the Red Sox and Tigers in 1997, and 70 for the Braves in 1998. He hasn't played in any more than 35 since. He has played for 7 different teams.

When they flashed his AAA numbers up from this year, they looked quite impressive.

Here's a link (http://deafness.about.com/cs/celebfeatures/a/curtispride.htm) to a little blurb about his life.

TaylorStSox
05-26-2005, 01:30 AM
He's been around since 1993. He played in 95 games for the 1996 Tigers, 81 for the Red Sox and Tigers in 1997, and 70 for the Braves in 1998. He hasn't played in any more than 35 since. He has played for 7 different teams.

When they flashed his AAA numbers up from this year, they looked quite impressive.

Here's a link (http://deafness.about.com/cs/celebfeatures/a/curtispride.htm) to a little blurb about his life.

Yeah, I googled that blurb earlier. I can't believe I don't remember him from the Tigers. I don't remember much from 96-97 though. :redneck

ND_Sox_Fan
05-26-2005, 01:33 AM
Yeah, I googled that blurb earlier. I can't believe I don't remember him from the Tigers. I don't remember much from 96-97 though. :redneck

:D:

Living in Michigan I get a lot of Tiger BS up here. I remember some feel good pieces the local media did on him when he was a Tiger.

Tragg
05-26-2005, 01:53 AM

I think that 2000 team played their a$$es off all year and were completely spent by the playoffs. When they clinched in mid-game versus the Twins that Sunday, they pretty much collapsed of exhaustion.

SABRSox
05-26-2005, 01:57 AM
Just got back from the Big A. It was great to see so many Sox fans there. Way to represent!

This was the first chance I got to see the White Sox live this year, and they look good, so much better than the team that got creamed 11-0 last year at Anaheim. It makes me wish I was back in Chicago so I could go to Comiskey. You really don't realize how much you love the place until you're thousands of miles from it.

The ninth was exciting. The Rally Monkey was in full force, but I'm sure the Sox fans in the crowd knew Hermanson would get the job done. Go get 'em tomorrow!

markopat
05-26-2005, 02:16 AM
Just got back from the Big A. It was great to see so many Sox fans there. Way to represent!

This was the first chance I got to see the White Sox live this year, and they look good, so much better than the team that got creamed 11-0 last year at Anaheim. It makes me wish I was back in Chicago so I could go to Comiskey. You really don't realize how much you love the place until you're thousands of miles from it.

The ninth was exciting. The Rally Monkey was in full force, but I'm sure the Sox fans in the crowd knew Hermanson would get the job done. Go get 'em tomorrow!

SABR SOX...I was there for the 3rd night in a row...Will be there tomorrow! Garcia rocked tonight! We still struggle with covering this outfield. Angels seem to do pretty well out there...but we keep getting gapped. ENJOYABLE game tonight...tense to the end...but clutch play!

Let's take 3 of 4!!!

HOOO AHHHHHHHHHHHHH:bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

elrod
05-26-2005, 02:19 AM
The White Sox have not won a series in Anaheim since 1994. Not a 2-gamer, 3-gamer or 4-gamer. Nothing. We've only split there a couple times, including 2000. If we win tomorrow then we are onto something really good.

SoxFan928
05-26-2005, 02:37 AM

Anyone else notice the name of the author of that blurb?

So.ILSoxFan
05-26-2005, 02:41 AM
Anyone else notice the name of the author of that blurb?

Hmmm....that name seems familiar :wink: btw, what ever happened to him, is he in the minors? or was he traded? :?:

MUsoxfan
05-26-2005, 02:50 AM
It makes me wish I was back in Chicago so I could go to Comiskey. You really don't realize how much you love the place until you're thousands of miles from it.

It's my favorite place in the world. The offseason is the longest 6 months for me because I want nothing more than to be sitting there enjoying White Sox baseball. I can't imagine being so far away from it to where I couldn't go there many times every year.

Nellie_Fox
05-26-2005, 02:59 AM
It's so nice to spend a comfortable evening at the Urinal.Thank you ever so much for contributing to the Cubs. I don't care why you went there, nor does Cubs management. You contributed to their attendance figures, not to mention their pocketbook.

Sox fans should never attend games at Wrigley.

doublem23
05-26-2005, 03:01 AM
I think that 2000 team played their a$$es off all year and were completely spent by the playoffs. When they clinched in mid-game versus the Twins that Sunday, they pretty much collapsed of exhaustion.

Maybe, I think it had more to do with Manuel not being able to keep the intensity up that last week of the season (they lost like 2 of their last 3 to Kansas City, IIRC), and, more importantly, no one showing up to play against Seattle.

If the Sox would have won Game 1 of the ALDS, we would have at least gotten to the ALCS. Not sure how many more innings were left in our pitchers, by then, though.

:(:

doublem23
05-26-2005, 03:03 AM
July 27-30, 2000

7-27-2000 (http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/07272000.htm)BOX (http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/B07270ANA2000.htm) At ANA A W 6- 5 63-39 Garland (2-2) Cooper (4-5) Foulke (19) 24394 3:24 night
7-28-2000 (http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/07282000.htm)BOX (http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/B07280ANA2000.htm) At ANA A L 7-10 63-40 Holtz (1-2) Beirne (1-1) Percival (24) 40711 3:13 night
7-29-2000 (http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/07292000.htm)BOX (http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/B07290ANA2000.htm) At ANA A L 5- 6 63-41 Bottenfield (7-8) Barcelo (0-1) Percival (25) 25881 3:09 day
7-30-2000 (http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/07302000.htm)BOX (http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/B07300ANA2000.htm) At ANA A W 11- 7 (10) 64-41 Foulke (2-0) Levine (2-4)

No, I'm not God.

edit: check out the record there. 23 games over .500. That's only 4 more over .500 than the sox are right now!

Wasn't that July 30th game the one that Mark Johnson won with a pinch hit double (?) to left field?

Man, that was a fun year. :cool:

White_Sock
05-26-2005, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by Elduque26
dustin got my heart skippin a bit but this staff is sooo :angry:HOT:angry: right now.
http://www.geocities.com/jo_jo_on_radio/th-zool_09.jpg
Those White Sox pitchers are so hot right now

ode to veeck
05-26-2005, 04:03 AM
Those White Sox pitchers are so hot right now

Often overlooked in the increasing press coverage of the Sox these days is bulllpen, which has been pretty solid this year

mikehuff
05-26-2005, 08:25 AM
Freddy Garcia is getting overlooked because of how good Buehrle and Garland are doing and even those guys are getting overlooked because they're on the Sox!

How about 2 of 3 IN ANAHEIM? I never thought I would see the day. I'm greedy though, I want 3 of 4.

SSN721
05-26-2005, 08:45 AM
What a great win, this pitching just never lets up, every night it seems our starters step up determined to pitch a complete game if possible. Just dominating. I will be glad when they get out of there, as I agree with an earlier poster out there the outfield seems to be quite a task for the Sox OFs to cover, a lot of gappers. It would just be excellent if they could take the series, go into Texas with a 3 game win streak going. :D: :gulp: :bandance:

soxtalker
05-26-2005, 09:01 AM
Freddy Garcia is getting overlooked because of how good Buehrle and Garland are doing and even those guys are getting overlooked because they're on the Sox!

Freddy Garcia is getting overlooked because of what he did before the last two starts. If he continues to pitch the way he has against the Cubs and Angels, he'll get plenty of recognition.

downstairs
05-26-2005, 09:06 AM
The White Sox have not won a series in Anaheim since 1994. Not a 2-gamer, 3-gamer or 4-gamer. Nothing. We've only split there a couple times, including 2000. If we win tomorrow then we are onto something really good.

Wonder when the last time we took 3 of 4 was, then? Was '94 a 3-of-4?

soxtalker
05-26-2005, 09:33 AM
Here's an article (http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-angels26may26,0,5857925.story?coll=la-home-sports) from the LA Times on the game. I don't find the article particularly complimentary or derogatory towards us; rather it is from an Angels perspective. They are concerned that they aren't hitting, and the "slump" extends beyond this series. They do term us as one of the teams that the Angels have to be able to contend against. (A Baltimore fan would probably not be too happy, though.)

Hitmen77
05-26-2005, 09:37 AM

Twins lose.

What a great evening!

Like Nellie said, why are you putting money in the Cubs pocket and contributing to the Cubs attendance figures? Please don't tell me that you've been to more Cubs games than Sox games this year!

SpringfldFan
05-26-2005, 09:42 AM
Freddy Garcia is getting overlooked because of what he did before the last two starts. If he continues to pitch the way he has against the Cubs and Angels, he'll get plenty of recognition.

Overall, Freddie is performing just as we had hoped and expected when he became our prize acquisition. It really says something about the rest of the staff that we now see him as just another gear in the machine, and an overlooked gear at that.

SFF

Hitmen77
05-26-2005, 09:45 AM

IIRC, the Sox pitched very well against Seattle in the playoffs - it was the hitting that was AWOL.

As far as the 2000 regular season, I think the Sox had an unbelievable first half and built up a huge division lead and then played close to .500 ball the rest of the way.

surfdudes
05-26-2005, 11:23 AM
I was at Anaheim last night to see our guys win......
Not too many Sox fans but to the person we were loud in our support and knowledgable to the team the game the standings, etc.... About 20 Sox fans in my section along right field box seats, and it was great going back and forth with the Anaheim fans! 40,000 at the game and they were giving away Angels tee shirts. Good fans, good park, good food,
But it was the Southsiders high fiving and Dancing at the end.
Is this team as good as I think? Mercy!

Mark
05-26-2005, 12:27 PM
Wonder when the last time we took 3 of 4 was, then? Was '94 a 3-of-4?

From 1992-94 the Sox were 13-6 in Anaheim. :o:

5-1 in '92
4-3 in '93
4-2 in '94

Then there was 1970, when they lost seven of nine!

I thought when this trip started a 4-3 record would be good. Is it too greedy to start thinking 5-2?

nasox
05-26-2005, 01:10 PM
From 1992-94 the Sox were 13-6 in Anaheim. :o:

5-1 in '92
4-3 in '93
4-2 in '94

Then there was 1970, when they lost seven of nine!

I thought when this trip started a 4-3 record would be good. Is it too greedy to start thinking 5-2?

5-2 can happen, but I won't jump off any ledges if it doesn't. 4-3 is good, but 5-2 is great. I don't want to count chickens tho.

BNLSox
05-26-2005, 01:15 PM
I've lived on the West Coast now for 3 years, and yet Tuesday night was the first time I've seen a Sox winner in person at the "Big A" (say that stadium nickname 10 times fast and see if you don't chuckle).

Anyway Mark was amazing on Tuesday and tons of fun Colon didn't let up. Still the fire never disappeared from this team and even that horrendous (yet somehow loveable) rally monkey couldn't get the Sox down.

Those are the games that we always lose and have been losing for as long as I've been a fan (17 years). I could feel and see something special on the field that night that I've never experienced as a Sox fan. These Sox are for real!!!

Oh, and I saw over 100 fans at the game too which I felt was quite impressive. See you guys down in San Diego as we take over Petco!

Paulwny
05-26-2005, 02:07 PM
It's a nice feeling, when we score early and have a 3-4 run lead it's game over, the pitching staff will hold, shades of 59'.:bandance:

Flight #24
05-26-2005, 02:33 PM
FWC, I have agreed with your Konerko view. Especially the part where he feels he has the right to call out teammates when he is actually hitting.

That 3 Run HR definitely does not excuse Konerko's sub-par hitting and questionable clubhouse manner. But, you can't honestly tell me that you'd want Helton on this team over Konerko. If you can, then I digress.

BTW, I would be a great teammate. :cool:

I can only assume you're worried about his contract? Because from all other perspectives, Paul Konerko isn't really fit to shine Todd Helton's shoes.

Huisj
05-26-2005, 04:00 PM
IIRC, the Sox pitched very well against Seattle in the playoffs - it was the hitting that was AWOL.

As far as the 2000 regular season, I think the Sox had an unbelievable first half and built up a huge division lead and then played close to .500 ball the rest of the way.

Yes, the starting pitching was good in those three games in the playoffs. Sirotka, Parque, and Baldwin each had a good solid start. Foulke gave up a big homer to Edgar Martinez in one game, and then Wunsch gave up a line drive off his chest that led to the winning run on a bunt in the last game, but the starters were solid.

I do remember hearing some talk since then though that if the sox had actually won those games and moved on, some of their starters would have been put on the shelf anyway, because they were pretty much injured and out of gas by that point. Props to Sirotka and Parque for their gutsy performances in those games, but in reality, those starts may have helped end their careers.