PDA

View Full Version : Angel Stadium Report

kingpin_rcs
05-25-2005, 06:09 PM
I am down in Anaheim with my family doing the Disney thing. With the Sox playing only a short cab ride away I simply had to go.

I watched most of Monday nights game at the ESPN Zone in the "Downtown Disney District". Nice place I guess - I had never been to one before. There were a few Sox fans there.

I went to Tuesday's game. What a great game. Angel stadium is not a bad place to watch a game but there is nothing spectacular about it.

I got very lucky getting tickets. I went to the game with the intention of buying a scalped ticket or a nosebleed from the ticket window. I saw sone people selling tickets and right then some cops came in and made them stop. So, I got into line at the ticket window.

Just the two old people riding "rascals" drove up to the cop and asked if they could sell tickets and he "No, but you can give them away". So, they drove up to me and asked how many I needed, I sais "One" and they handed me a ticket and said enjoy the game. Free ticket, score.

As soon as I got inside I got a beer and just leaned up against a post near third base and watched the first inning. You can walk all they way from third basr to first and see the game. There is no view of the field from the concourse in right field. They have that rocky fountain thing in center and there is a good view from left field.

The best part about being there was the large number of Sox fans that were there. Everywhere I went there were Sox fans. We would give each other nods or high fives. Occasionally, some would stop and talk and ask if I was from Chicago and we woule breifly talk about the Sox an how well they are doing.

After the game tons of Sox fans were chanting and cheering and high fiving each other. I practially felt like I was at a Sox home game. It was much more Sox friendly than I could have imangined.

I have pictures that I will post soon.

BRDSR
05-25-2005, 06:24 PM
Just the two old people riding "rascals" drove up to the cop and asked if they could sell tickets and he "No, but you can give them away". So, they drove up to me and asked how many I needed, I sais "One" and they handed me a ticket and said enjoy the game. Free ticket, score.

This begs the question: can you or can you not sell a ticket outside the stadium at or below the face value of the ticket? I am under the impression that you can.

Hendu
05-25-2005, 07:24 PM
Thanks for the report. I'm going to LA in mid-June and I'll probably got to one of the Angels-Marlins games.

Whitesox029
05-25-2005, 07:34 PM
This begs the question: can you or can you not sell a ticket outside the stadium at or below the face value of the ticket? I am under the impression that you can.
It works at WSI, I know that.

skobabe8
05-26-2005, 12:33 PM
I was wondering about their pre-game introductions. The top of the first inning on TV is always really smoky-they must set off a barage of fireworks. I know we shoot off fireworks at home, but it never looks that smoky on tv. What gives?

Iwritecode
05-26-2005, 01:30 PM
I was wondering about their pre-game introductions. The top of the first inning on TV is always really smoky-they must set off a barage of fireworks. I know we shoot off fireworks at home, but it never looks that smoky on tv. What gives?

Different wind conditions? They showed the flags during Tuesdays game and they weren't moving at all.

When's the last time there hasn't been some sort of breeze in Chicago?

Hangar18
05-26-2005, 01:44 PM
The best part about being there was the large number of Sox fans that were there. Everywhere I went there were Sox fans. We would give each other nods or high fives. Occasionally, some would stop and talk and ask if I was from Chicago and we woule breifly talk about the Sox an how well they are doing.

After the game tons of Sox fans were chanting and cheering and high fiving each other. I practially felt like I was at a Sox home game. It was much more Sox friendly than I could have imangined.

I have pictures that I will post soon.

I could tell there were TONS of SOX fans out in Anaheim, because every inning before and after, they would show GRATUITIOUS camera shots of SOX fans in their SOX gear, all around the stadium, prompting the announcers to mention every time, how the World Loves the SOX,
and how the SOX Fans are everywhere.

Hangar18
05-26-2005, 01:51 PM
I could tell there were TONS of SOX fans out in Anaheim, because every inning before and after, they would show GRATUITIOUS camera shots of SOX fans in their SOX gear, all around the stadium, prompting the announcers to mention every time, how the World Loves the SOX,
and how the SOX Fans are everywhere.

But seriously, watching the games on TV and listening on Radio, you can DEFINITELY HEAR the Sox fans in the park. The Chicago Media simply MINIMIZES and edits the camera shots. If they were to show the numbers of SOX fans that are on the road for their games, it would be a PR Disaster for the cubs and make the Medias Claims "look at all these cub fans!" of the world loving the cubs less credible and seem like Propoganda. Im still seething that there was not a single gratuitious camera shot of the SOX fans in huge numbers at the saturday nite game in Dodger Stadium June of 2003

alohafri
05-26-2005, 04:02 PM
The TV cameras didn't show but a few Sox fans, but they could not mask the sound--there was a huge cheer when Paulie hit that homerun--it sounded like most of the stadium was Sox fans.

--Mrs. Aloha

LVSoxFan
05-26-2005, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the info.

I'm going to Sox/K.C. in July and looking forward to seeing that park and who's there. I've only been to Detroit to see the Sox on the road.

God I envy the weather out there!

hkchicago
05-26-2005, 05:07 PM

Maybe all their sales require an entertainment tax or something.