PDA

View Full Version : A-Rod admits he is in therapy full time

Fenway
05-25-2005, 04:03 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/ips_rich_content/633-0525bigfront.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/story/312785p-267598c.html

Yankee slugger Alex Rodriguez hit one out of the park for troubled souls everywhere yesterday when he bravely declared that he sees therapists to deal with his personal demons.

The baseball superstar made the public admission about the help he's gotten for his private anguish after he and his wife, Cynthia, donated $200,000 to a mental health program at the Children's Aid Society in Washington Heights. "I don't know where I'd be" without therapy, A-Rod told the television show "Extra" in a segment to air tonight at 7 on Channel 4

maurice
05-25-2005, 04:17 PM
I saw this at SI.com and sent it to Dr. Maurice to post on the wall at her practice.

ARod and Dr. Maurice's clients think that therapy is good.
I think that therapy is good for my bank account.
:gulp:

Mendoza Line
05-25-2005, 04:19 PM
A-Rod's at least attempting to get some help. Good for him. Maybe they can force Zambrano into one of these things.

BTW What exactly is she doing to his mouth in that photo?

34 Inch Stick
05-25-2005, 04:36 PM
Brave? Isn't seeing a therapist a status symbol these days, especially in New York.

Unfortunately I do not have enough time or money for a therapist. I have to exorcise my demons by performing a ritual sacrifice each month on the first day of the full moon. The neighbors don't like it but how else will I learn to love others if I don't love myself?

Baby Fisk
05-25-2005, 04:43 PM
Brave? Isn't seeing a therapist a status symbol these days, especially in New York.

The article states he's currently seeing not one but TWO therapists. Now THAT'S a status symbol.

Meditation chases my demons, for FREE! :cool:

JohnBasedowYoda
05-25-2005, 04:58 PM
maybe he feels guilty for all he gets paid

AZChiSoxFan
05-25-2005, 05:31 PM

Unfortunately I do not have enough time or money for a therapist. I have to exorcise my demons by performing a ritual sacrifice each month on the first day of the full moon. The neighbors don't like it but how else will I learn to love others if I don't love myself?

:)

Infallible
05-25-2005, 05:33 PM
he's still an over paid bum.

RichFitztightly
05-25-2005, 07:50 PM

I think she's pinching them. You know, his lips don't get that hue of purple on their own.

chaerulez
05-25-2005, 08:23 PM

I second that.

Fenway
05-26-2005, 02:43 PM
I revealed therapy
to help kids, A-Rod says
Yankees slugger Alex Rodriguez said he went public about his private therapy sessions to help out troubled kids. "I would never just talk about it to talk about it," the superstar said before the Bombers took on the Tigers.
FULL STORY (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/story/313197p-267932c.html)

http://www.nypost.com/img/back052605.gif (http://www.nypost.com/sports/sports.shtml)

mccoydp
05-26-2005, 02:47 PM
Two words for A-Rod:

:whocares

shaunburnette
05-26-2005, 03:09 PM

best player in the game should be overpaid and he is hardly a bum.

Eddie Gaedel
05-26-2005, 03:22 PM

squeezing a whitehead. eeew.

SOXintheBURGH
05-26-2005, 10:27 PM
Why is this news?

I've been to therapy. I had a problem.

I mean, "cheeses h rice."

RedPinStripes
05-26-2005, 10:48 PM
He's also proud of himself that he "worked out hard over the winter" . He 's the highest paid baseball player ever! He BETTER work out hard!

TheOldRoman
05-26-2005, 10:58 PM
While A-Rod is a first class ass clown, this was a very classy move on his part, IMO. He has nothing personal to gain from coming out with this story. He did it to increase awareness and tell people its OK if you need therapy.

He certainly is opening himself up to more ridicule and giving opposing fans more fodder.

RedPinStripes
05-26-2005, 11:22 PM
I used to like him before he became a Yankee. Now he's a jerkoff no matter what he does.

HawksBiggestFan
05-28-2005, 09:00 PM
Mucho props for him for revealing that he goes through therapy. Some people are ashamed to admit it let alone even going. It's good to see that even the best athletes or the smartest people go through therapy. Considering A-Rod is the best player in baseball who is making a lot of dough, I think it's great that a guy like him comes out and saying it.

chaerulez
05-29-2005, 12:59 AM
best player in the game should be overpaid and he is hardly a bum.

No, a player should be paid what he's worth.

VeeckAsInWreck
05-30-2005, 09:01 AM
No, a player should be paid what he's worth.

The ones who came up with the price of his value were Rangers owner Tom Hicks and :borass:

Although players do get a lot of money, I think they deserve it. If 30 thousand people came to watch you work and your boss was profiting from it you would want to get paid too. Think about that folks.

SOXintheBURGH
05-30-2005, 09:32 AM
The ones who came up with the price of his value were Rangers owner Tom Hicks and :borass:

Although players do get a lot of money, I think they deserve it. If 30 thousand people came to watch you work and your boss was profiting from it you would want to get paid too. Think about that folks.

My girl and I got in an arguement about this the other night, I basically said the same thing as you. I rule.

1951Campbell
05-30-2005, 11:33 AM
Two errors last night? Less therapy, more infield practice.

jabrch
05-30-2005, 11:49 AM

Bum? sheesh - tough scale, huh? I still think he is one of the 3 best players in the game. He was a 2 time GG winner at SS, in addition to a batting champ, a runs champ, a RBI champ and a HR champ so far in his career. He hardly ever misses games (4 seasons with 161 or 162 games played)....

Was that supposed to be in teal?

Sure, teachers, firemen and cops should make more money than baseball players, if the world was fair. But it isn't. If that was the case, I imagine A-Rod would be teaching, fighting fires, or arresting people, and Mr. Hand would be a SS. Living in the real world, A-Rod is worth what he makes - since he performs on the field and fans pay to see him play.

TornLabrum
05-30-2005, 12:47 PM
Bum? sheesh - tough scale, huh? I still think he is one of the 3 best players in the game. He was a 2 time GG winner at SS, in addition to a batting champ, a runs champ, a RBI champ and a HR champ so far in his career. He hardly ever misses games (4 seasons with 161 or 162 games played)....

Was that supposed to be in teal?

Sure, teachers, firemen and cops should make more money than baseball players, if the world was fair. But it isn't. If that was the case, I imagine A-Rod would be teaching, fighting fires, or arresting people, and Mr. Hand would be a SS. Living in the real world, A-Rod is worth what he makes - since he performs on the field and fans pay to see him play.

It's funny how no one ever talks about the exhorbitant salaries movie stars are getting for a few weeks' work on something that is merely entertainment.

As for the people who "should make more money than baseball players," and although speaking as a teacher it pains me to say this, but lots of people can be fine teachers, fire fighters, police officers, etc. On the other hand, there are only 750 major league ball players in the country, and many of those aren't even American citizens. That's called supply and demand.