PDA

View Full Version : Win Tickets To A Patio Party From PHG's Favorite Radio Station...

DrCrawdad
05-25-2005, 02:06 PM
Click here (http://www.wxrt.com/contests/) to enter a contest to win tickets to a Patio Party from Pale Hose George's favorite radio station, WXRT.

Chicago White Sox

Win tickets to XRT Day @ Chicago White Sox!

Join XRT's Lin Brehmer for a day at U.S Cellular Field. Buy your specially priced ticket today to the White Sox vs. Cleveland game on June 4th and you will be sitting in the XRT section of the park and have access to the VIP party at the patio before the game! Buy your tickets now (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/groups/gsg/june.jsp) or register to win a pair here! (http://www.wxrt.com/contests)

The only thing is that if a WSI'er wins, you have to take me!
:gulp:

Fake Chet Lemon
05-25-2005, 03:25 PM
Thank goodness. I was afraid this was going to be something from Eric & Kathy again.
:chunks

Hitmen77
05-25-2005, 04:01 PM
I thought XRT was unaware that there is a baseball team in Chicago not called the Cubs.

SOXfnNlansing
05-25-2005, 04:12 PM
I love XRT but they definately don't like the Sox. I'll take their tickets though :)

BainesHOF
05-25-2005, 04:13 PM
I thought XRT was unaware that there is a baseball team in Chicago not called the Cubs.

They are unaware. I sent them an e-mail about why they have Billy Corgan pontificating about the Cubs and nothing similar for the Sox. I have yet to receive a reply.

Let's be honest, WXRT is heavily biased toward the North Side. Screw 'em.

SoxFan78
05-25-2005, 04:22 PM
They're just trying to jump on the bandwagon. F them. I can just imagine how many people buy tickets to that game through WXRT will be wearing cubbie blue. There will be LOTS.

LVSoxFan
05-25-2005, 04:22 PM
I entered. I'll take you if I win.

Yes XRT is a North Side loyal station. What did you expect, though? They cater completely to the North Siders, music-wise--it's a natural they'll be more affiliated with the Cubs.

Which is fine by me. We don't need any bandwagon jumpers!

cheeses_h_rice
05-25-2005, 04:27 PM
They are unaware. I sent them an e-mail about why they have Billy Corgan pontificating about the Cubs and nothing similar for the Sox. I have yet to receive a reply.

Let's be honest, WXRT is heavily biased toward the North Side. Screw 'em.

That's the spirit -- bitch up a storm when they ignore the Sox, and then step on their hands as they try to actually publicize the team.

:thumbsup:

PaleHoseGeorge
05-25-2005, 04:30 PM
I don't understand this thread's title. XRT is my favorite oldies station. I can slip my aging baby boom ass into a pair of Levi's and pretend I'm still hip listening to their crap in my car.

cheeses_h_rice
05-25-2005, 04:32 PM
I don't understand this thread's title. XRT is my favorite oldies station. I can slip my aging baby boom ass into a pair of Levi's and pretend I'm still hip listening to their crap in my car.

Oldies? What are you talking about?

XRT plays a constant diet of such up-and-coming acts like the Talking Heads, Genesis, Robert Cray, Tracy Chapman, Elvis Costello, Blues Traveler and Phish.

If they were any more cutting edge, you'd start bleeding the instant your radio turned to 93.1. Get with it, PHG!

Baby Fisk
05-25-2005, 04:36 PM
XRT plays a constant diet of such up-and-coming acts like the Talking Heads, Genesis, Robert Cray, Tracy Chapman, Elvis Costello, Blues Traveler and Phish.

Genesis! I heard Peter Gabriel just joined them. It's like they've become a supergroup now!

PaleHoseGeorge
05-25-2005, 04:38 PM

If they were any more cutting edge, you'd start bleeding the instant your radio turned to 93.1. Get with it, PHG!

You just know Steve Bartman had XRT playing on his 80's-vintage Walkman during the '03 NLCS.

:roflmao:

LVSoxFan
05-25-2005, 04:38 PM
XRT plays a constant diet of such up-and-coming acts like the Talking Heads, Genesis, Robert Cray, Tracy Chapman, Elvis Costello, Blues Traveler ad Phish.

http://pssummit.its.bldrdoc.gov/police-car.jpg

TEAL POLICE. PULL OVER!

DrCrawdad
05-25-2005, 05:15 PM
I entered. I'll take you if I win.

Yes XRT is a North Side loyal station. What did you expect, though? They cater completely to the North Siders, music-wise--it's a natural they'll be more affiliated with the Cubs.

Which is fine by me. We don't need any bandwagon jumpers!

WXRT has had these contests for the past several years. In fact, three years ago a friend won the tickets and took me as I had sent him the link to the contest.

WXRT sent the same "host," Lin Brehmer. During the game I introduced myself to Lin and he told me that I should stop donating my sperm to lesbian couples.

http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/entertainers/music/david-crosby/david-crosby-mugshot.jpg

...and now you may know my real name.

Oh, and I'd be very pleased to attend the game with you or whomever else may win.

DrCrawdad
05-25-2005, 05:18 PM

I'm just kidding you PHG as I remember the fondness you have for this XRT personality...

http://www.wxrt.com/program/bio/images/terri_hemmert.jpg
George, I'd love you but it
ain't my bag baby.

JimH
05-25-2005, 06:17 PM
WXRT has had these contests for the past several years. In fact, three years ago a friend won the tickets and took me as I had sent him the link to the contest.

WXRT sent the same "host," Lin Brehmer. During the game I introduced myself to Lin and he told me that I should stop donating my sperm to lesbian couples.

http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/entertainers/music/david-crosby/david-crosby-mugshot.jpg

...and now you may know my real name.

Oh, and I'd be very pleased to attend the game with you or whomever else may win.

Still love "Deja Vu" ... say hi to Stephen and Graham.

Thanks for the tip on the 'XRT contest ... they play some of your stuff once in a while, I heard "Shadow Captain" on there the other day. :smile:

hose
05-25-2005, 06:23 PM
Put Lin Brehmer and PHG in a sky box together for a Sox-cub game at the Cell.

By the 3rd inning George would be holding Brehmer out the window upside down by his ankles.

Lin: " Mr. PHG I humbly apologize and retract everything that I ever said about ......"

PaleHoseGeorge
05-25-2005, 07:00 PM
Put Lin Brehmer and PHG in a sky box together for a Sox-cub game at the Cell.

By the 3rd inning George would be holding Brehmer out the window upside down by his ankles.

Lin: " Mr. PHG I humbly apologize and retract everything that I ever said about ......"

I would leave Brehmer for Hangar. That would be entertaining. As for Hemmert, no thanks. She's not interested in my type and the feeling is mutual.
:cool:

DrCrawdad
05-25-2005, 09:34 PM
I would leave Brehmer for Hangar. That would be entertaining. As for Hemmert, no thanks. She's not interested in my type and the feeling is mutual.

I knew that about Terri Hemmert, that's what I was intimating.

Regardless of which side of the plate one swings from, or from both, winning those tickets would be cool.

BainesHOF
05-26-2005, 02:14 AM

Don't forget about Midnight Oil now!

hose
05-26-2005, 07:24 AM

Hangar would convince Brehmer to quit XRT and start broadcasting "Radio Free White Sox".:D:

Hangar18
05-26-2005, 10:30 AM
I would leave Brehmer for Hangar. That would be entertaining.

Reparations, reparations ......... revenge is best served cold heh heh

wdelaney72
05-26-2005, 11:54 AM
I'm just kidding you PHG as I remember the fondness you have for this XRT personality...

http://www.wxrt.com/program/bio/images/terri_hemmert.jpg
George, I'd love you but it
ain't my bag baby.

:bundy
Man, talk about having a face for radio. I don't care which side of the plate you swing from... oof.

skobabe8
05-26-2005, 12:48 PM
I'll try and be the one to keep this thread slightly on tracking by asking: anyone know what comes in the special "VIP" area? is that food? drinks? just peanuts?

miker
05-27-2005, 01:13 PM
Click here (http://www.wxrt.com/contests/) to enter a contest to win tickets to a Patio Party from Pale Hose George's favorite radio station, WXRT.

What's next..."The White Sox honor Bob Sirrott on WTTW Day?"

DrCrawdad
05-27-2005, 06:47 PM
I'll try and be the one to keep this thread slightly on tracking by asking: anyone know what comes in the special "VIP" area? is that food? drinks? just peanuts?

I assume that special VIP area is the Patio Party area which is in RF next to the BullPen Sports Bar. I attended a party there a few years ago. It included all the food and beer you could drink for a certain length of time.

It's worthwhile, if you drink alcohol, if not then it's perhaps a bit of a waste. The time I went my wife came along. She was pregnant, so she didn't drink. She did get to carry out a beer though.

DrCrawdad
06-02-2005, 10:44 AM
Ok, who won? Anybody here get a call that they won?

And you know the arrangement was that if you won you'd take me...

:)