PDA

View Full Version : Terry Bevington is a Cracker

ja1022
05-25-2005, 09:45 AM
I went to the Gary Railcats home opener Monday night against the Terry Bevington managed Edmonton Cracker-Cats (just what the hell is a cracker-cat anyway?). I must say Ol' Bev seems to have improved with age. In fact, when he went out to pull his pitcher in the seventh, he actually had someone ready in the pen. Here's an interesting article about his Sox days.
http://nwitimes.com/articles/2005/05/25/sports/top_sports/b19e6d6d8145d7748625700c000061d3.txt

By the way, for anybody living in the region, The Steel Yard is a great place to take in some baseball.

cubhater
05-25-2005, 10:25 AM
I went to the Gary Railcats home opener Monday night against the Terry Bevington managed Edmonton Cracker-Cats (just what the hell is a cracker-cat anyway?). I must say Ol' Bev seems to improved with age. In fact, when he went out to pull his pitcher in the seventh, he actually had someone ready in the pen. Here's an interesting article about his Sox days.
http://nwitimes.com/articles/2005/05/25/sports/top_sports/b19e6d6d8145d7748625700c000061d3.txt

By the way, for anybody living in the region, The Steel Yard is a great place to take in some baseball.

Damn! I forgot about the Cat's home opener! I wanted to say hello to Bev for the great managerial job he did with the Sox.

I caught a Cat's game last season, had a blast, and plan to see a couple more games this season. Nice stadium and right off the tollway. Of course it was Thirsty Thursdays when beers were only two bucks.:gulp:

Dan H
05-25-2005, 10:38 AM
I am glad he has the bullpen thing down. Can he tell if something is fair or foul?

Procol Harum
05-25-2005, 10:52 AM
I am glad he has the bullpen thing down. Can he tell if something is fair or foul?

"I meant to say 'fair' but I said 'foul'..." :rolleyes:

Rocky Soprano
05-25-2005, 10:54 AM

:tealpolice:

PatK
05-25-2005, 11:25 AM
Does he still do the lineup cards in calligraphy?

Parrothead
05-25-2005, 07:32 PM
[QUOTE=ja1022]I went to the Gary Railcats home opener Monday night against the Terry Bevington managed Edmonton Cracker-Cats (just what the hell is a cracker-cat anyway?) [QUOTE]

Well, according to the club, the name was derived from reversing the wording of an oil-related term—fluid catalytic cracking, or “cat cracking”—which involves the conversion of high-boiling hydrocarbons into smaller molecules. The process, they go on to explain, revolutionized the refining of crude oil to produce gasoline.

SOXSINCE'70
05-26-2005, 03:02 PM
My favorite memory of that tool Bevington was the Sunday game
in September of '97 when he brought an ice cold Keith Foulke out
of the bullpen to face the slugging 'Toons.As usual,it bombed.
The 'Toons broke a tied game wide open in that eighth inning
and won 8-2,IIRC.

Glad he's gone.Can't Cubbie boy Greg Couch find something interesting
to write about?? Like the fact that the sCrUBS will always suck,no matter
what their dumbass fans think.:D: :D:

FedEx227
05-27-2005, 09:32 AM
Hey Bev's got Stubby Clapp on this years Cracker-Cats...watch out!

ja1022
05-27-2005, 11:41 AM
Hey Bev's got Stubby Clapp!

A little penicillin should take care of that for him.

TommyJohn
05-27-2005, 04:49 PM
A little penicillin should take care of that for him.

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

gobears1987
05-28-2005, 09:35 PM
:tealtutor:

Jurr
05-28-2005, 09:53 PM
Hey Bev's got Stubby Clapp on this years Cracker-Cats...watch out!
Good for Bev. That guy is absolute garbage. He played over here in Memphis and would always go out to the bars wondering why he wasn't called up yet.

HawksBiggestFan
05-28-2005, 09:56 PM
I hope Bevington grows up.

The guy was a very lousy communicator and he never inspired his players. He was always negative. One of the cardinal rules in managing or coaching a team is to be a great communicator and always be positive. Bevington never did neither. I also think he lack accountability or responsibility. He blames everyone but himself and he takes the credit when the team wins. I am so glad that no other team has hired him.

Bevington should blame himself for why he was fired and for why no team would hire him. It annoys me that he never regret what he did.