PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 5/24...er...25...that was a close one, Post Game Thread

batmanZoSo
05-24-2005, 11:57 PM
So much for the West Coast Curse. :supernana::supernana::supernana::supernana:

Bisco Stu
05-24-2005, 11:58 PM
From the episode C. E. D'oh!

Bart: "I'm Tomokazu Ohka of the Montreal Expos!"

Milhouse:"I'm Estaban Yan of the Tampa Bay Devil Rays!"
Around the time that this episode was being created, MLB was seriously considering contraction, and the two most likely franchises to get the axe were supposed to be Montreal and Tampa. If the contraction had actually occured, then Bart and Milhouse's comments would've made more sense, considering there would be no Expos or D-Rays. Even with both clubs still in existence, it is still ironic because those two clubs are pretty obscure, as are their players. Not many people besides baseball fans would recognize them. An additional nitpick is that the situation (with them representing those players with Bart pitching to Milhouse) would be unlikely, because Yan is a relief pitcher and would probably be pulled in favor of a pinch hitter if he were to go up to bat. Also by the time this episode aired, Yan had been traded away from Tampa. (Since then he has played in Texas and St. Louis.)
:

NSSoxFan
05-24-2005, 11:58 PM
Great job by Mark!

GOOOOOCH!

Go Sox! Keep it up.

balke
05-24-2005, 11:59 PM
I love the infield fly rule!

Evman5
05-24-2005, 11:59 PM
Way to go.....Buehrle was absolutely fantastic.

Too bad he couldn't get the win!

StrTrkker
05-25-2005, 12:00 AM
Great pitching by Mark and nice job by Joe Crede & Tadahito...

Lets get 'em again tomorrow nite.

:supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance:

Dance you Bananas...Dance !

itsnotrequired
05-25-2005, 12:00 AM
MB was amazing. Gooch was clutch. The way this game ended shows the caliber of team the Sox are this year.

gosox83
05-25-2005, 12:01 AM
Marte is back with a vengeance!!!
Buehrle is Buehrle!
IGUCHI IS CLUTCH!

And Who can Knock Paulie's defense???!!!

GO SOX!!!!!!:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

krohnjw
05-25-2005, 12:03 AM
WHEW!!!!!!!!!! A nice win when it looked like our offense has blown it's final chance! Let's keep it rolling Freddy (As the Angel's announcers pointed out Freddy beat the Angels 6 times his last year with Seattle) :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

chisoxmike
Good win, took long enough. Damn, every time I looked up the count was 0-2, got annoying after a while. (When it was on Sox hitters. :tongue: )

-We need a healthy and productive Frank Thomas back in the lineup.

NorthlakeTom
Question: Since Buehrle went nine innings, does he get credit for a CG?

Fake Chet Lemon
Big win! Nice job Marte.

gosox83
I have an idea!

Lets take this series which would put us 20 over for the first time this year!!!!!!!!!!!:D: :D: :D: :D:

rwcescato
Great pitching by Mark and nice job by Joe Crede & Tadahito...

Lets get 'em again tomorrow nite.

:supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance:

Dance you Bananas...Dance !

Its a white sox winner. boy am i tired. GO YOU WHITE SOX !!!!!!:supernana:

gosox3072
05-25-2005, 12:04 AM
What a play by paulie in the bottom of the 9th.......defensive play of the year imo

SOX WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:gulp: :gulp: :bandance: :bandance: :) :supernana:
:dtroll: <-------hes pumped

Kogs35
Burly ur awesome, Iluvvvvvvvvvvv tadahito. whooooooooooooooooooo hoooooooo :bandance: :gulp: :supernana: :supernana: :gulp: :bandance: :gulp: :gulp:

voodoochile
Great win under pressure against a good team on the road. Offense looked like crap but Bartolo will do that to a lot of teams. I still can't believe they pitched to Iguchi in the 11th...

:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:
"we're not here to cause no trouble..."

batmanZoSo
05-25-2005, 12:05 AM
MB was amazing. Gooch was clutch. The way this game ended shows the caliber of team the Sox are this year.

This is a textboox 2005 win. Unfortunately for a while it looked like a textbook West Coast loss in the making the way Rowand's dumb ### ripped a grounder right to the shortstop and got Pods thrown out at the plate.

In the end, it was a win that championship teams get despite sucking for 10 innings. And once again, it is all about the pitching, isn't it? Too bad Buehrle didn't get the win. He got hosed. His quest for 20 and the recognition he deserves is not helped by hitting displays like this. But if he gets a ND every time and we still win, I'll take it.

JB98
I am not happy with the way we are swinging the bats, but beggars cannot be choosers while we're on the West Coast. We needed this one, and we got it. Hopefully, we can get at least one more in this series. I would be satisfied with a split.

Big thumbs up for Buerhle, Marte, Crede, and most of all, Iguchi.

ElDuque26
da gooch da gooch da gooch is on fire he dont need no water let that mother ****er burn!
HES ON A ROLL!

FarWestChicago
05-25-2005, 12:06 AM
What a play by paulie in the bottom of the 9th.......defensive play of the year imo:(: Are you serious? The one he booted? The Apaulogists strike again. :D:

owensmouth
05-25-2005, 12:06 AM
Question: Since Buehrle went nine innings, does he get credit for a CG?Uhhh...no.

halfpricemonday
05-25-2005, 12:07 AM
Nothing like a White Sox winner before going to bed. Buehrle deserved better for putting an end to our losing "ways", but a win's a win, especially those 1-run wins that are becoming so routine.

And I know it's his job, but it was nice to see Uribe lay the bunt down and get Crede to 2nd. It's a small thing, but after his 3-pitch swinging strikeout in the 6th, I was beginning to wonder...

balke
05-25-2005, 12:07 AM
:(: Are you serious? The one he booted? The Apaulogists strike again. :D:

:D: Paulie did totally boot that, he'd be mauled by us had he not gotten that out.

voodoochile
05-25-2005, 12:08 AM
:(: Are you serious? The one he booted? The Apaulogists strike again. :D:

He got the out, it's all that matters. I still think the out by Marte on the PB against KC in the bottom of the ninth with the bases juiced and the score tied was better...

FarWestChicago
He got the out, it's all that matters.Yeah, but it was NOT the defensive play of the year. :?:

voodoochile
:D: Paulie did totally boot that, he'd be mauled by us had he not gotten that out.

Yeah, thank goodness the Angels hitter slid into first... Not dove into first... SLID into first...:rolleyes:

JohnBasedowYoda
05-25-2005, 12:09 AM

dude thats what we said after we took game one in oak

FarWestChicago
05-25-2005, 12:11 AM
dude thats what we said after we took game one in oakExcellent HomeFish impression. You may be the next Frank Caliendo. :thumbsup:

batmanZoSo
Yeah, but it was NOT the defensive play of the year. :?:

It was a terrible, clumsy play, typical of Gordon Leadfoot. Definitely not a web gem. Most exciting play of the year? Maybe. I'm gonna say no though.

Shoeless Joe
This one was 90% Buehrle, 5% Marte and 5% Iguchi. Add it all together and it's a W!!!....Wow that was corny...Still that was a huge win for the Sox, let's keep the winning ways going on the West Coast.

Bisco Stu
dude thats what we said after we took game one in oak

Doesn't winning two games on the Left Coast in one season constitute "ending the curse?"

Vince
05-25-2005, 12:12 AM
Marte is back with a vengeance!!!
Buehrle is Buehrle!
IGUCHI IS CLUTCH!

Tadahito "Clutch" Iguchi
RISP w/2 outs: .368 AVG +.611 SLG (7/19, 9 RBI)

Great game! Buehrle going 9 was the key, allowed us to get deeper into their bullpen than they got into ours.

Parrothead
05-25-2005, 12:12 AM

I would not call one win the end of the west coast curse. Maybe you meant to put that in teal. But it is a good win, eventhough the bats are not hitting the ball. Perhaps they need a chicken to sacrifice.

balke
05-25-2005, 12:13 AM
On second look in slow motion on Comcast, that was an amazing play by Paulie when you consider his range.

Marte's play was hands down better. Buehrle has had some gems this season too, but none as critical as Marte's.

JohnBasedowYoda
Excellent HomeFish impression. You may be the next Frank Caliendo. :thumbsup:

i'm not fat....BUT I FINALLY GOT 1000 POSTS I ROCK THIS CRIB

batmanZoSo
I would not call one win the end of the west coast curse. Maybe you meant to put that in teal.

http://www.hull.ac.uk/history/dept/images/evilpinkyring.jpg
How bout....NO...Scott? Two more wins and we're frickin' 4-3 in the Golden State!

FarWestChicago
I would not call one win the end of the west coast curse. Maybe you meant to put that in teal. But it is a good win, eventhough the bats are not hitting the ball. Perhaps they need a chicken to sacrifice.Dude, JohnBaseowYoda kicked your ass on the HomeFish impression. Give it up. Very, very weak in comparison. :tsk:

CanBuehrleWait
05-25-2005, 12:14 AM
Couple more like this and we'll have our 3 reps at the dance in Detroit. Give em hell Buehrle-Mon and Go Sox.:supernana:

NorthlakeTom
Uhhh...no.
Uhhh...thank you.

hose
Burles and Marte were awesome.

This had the look of another tough West Coast loss after Pods was out at the plate.

Tip of the hat to the Sox for pulling this one out.

:bandance::supernana::bandance::supernana::bandanc e::supernana::bandance::supernana:

Omeed
I ripped on Crede and Uribe yesterday. Today, Uribe had a nice sacrafice and Crede hit the ball well twice tonight. Much better.

Now, If the middle of the line up will show up the same night...

shoota
05-25-2005, 12:15 AM
What's new. Again Hito comes through.

ROY

FarWestChicago
05-25-2005, 12:15 AM
On second look in slow motion on Comcast, that was an amazing play by Paulie when you consider his range. Excellent!! Good point. The Apaulogists can give Wheels extra credit for making plays despite his immobility. :D:

batmanZoSo
05-25-2005, 12:16 AM
Uhhh...thank you.

Uhhh...you come here often. :wink:

SOXfnNlansing
05-25-2005, 12:19 AM
Big win! Nice job Marte. no complete game.. visiting pitchers that lose pitch a complete game with 8 innings though

Evman5
05-25-2005, 12:19 AM
I liked Ozzies decision to leave Marte in. I think it will be a great confidence booster.

hose
05-25-2005, 12:20 AM
Excellent!! Good point. The Apaulogists can give Wheels extra credit for making plays despite his immobility. :D:

Apaulogists....:D: . that's a good one:tongue:

SOXfnNlansing
05-25-2005, 12:21 AM
GO SOX GO way to go MB,DM, and goochie!:bandance: ...and Sox never win 1 in a row :bandance: as I learned from reading WSI message boards

ND_Sox_Fan
05-25-2005, 12:23 AM
I liked Ozzies decision to leave Marte in. I think it will be a great confidence booster.

I loved it as well. I really think Ozzie lit a fire under him last week. He has pitched like the Marte of old in his last few outings.

crector
05-25-2005, 12:24 AM
This one was 90% Buehrle, 5% Marte and 5% Iguchi. Add it all together and it's a W!!!....Wow that was corny...Still that was a huge win for the Sox, let's keep the winning ways going on the West Coast.

So Everett gets 0% even though his HR ensured that the game went into extra innings instead of ending with a 1-0 Angels victory?

Irishsox1
05-25-2005, 12:27 AM
I won't be singing the "Westcoast Blues" tonight. "Westcoast Blues" is a crappy blues song that I made up that, that I sing which recaps how the Sox lost another game on the west coast. There is nothing worse than staying up till midnight, not seeing a winner and singing that damn song as I drown my sorrows in a can of beer.

I just found this on ESPN:

"Chicago has not won a season series in Anaheim since August 1994 posting a 13-38 record at Angel Stadium over that stretch"

You have got to be kidding me! I was there for one of those games. That was right before the 1994 strike. The game I went to the Sox blew out the Angels.

BarbG
05-25-2005, 12:30 AM
So Everett gets 0% even though his HR ensured that the game went into extra innings instead of ending with a 1-0 Angels victory?

I was thinking exactly that.

Carl doesn't even get a %?

batmanZoSo
05-25-2005, 12:31 AM

Carl was SCREWED!

gosox83
05-25-2005, 12:38 AM
It is true that the middle of our line up did not produce, but I really liked AJ's at bat that started 0 - 2 and then he fouled off about 5 pitches, ran the count full and finally singled to center. He also hit the ball well to leftfield when the leftfielder made the diving catch.

He still seems like he is seeing the ball well!!!!:smile: :rolleyes:

SoxSpeed22
05-25-2005, 12:39 AM
Buehrle showed he is number one on this staff by gettin in a pitcher's duel with Colon and throwin 9 innings. Good defense and a couple of hits later, the Sox have now won 25% of their games won in Anaheim/LA (since 2001) this year. Lets hope Garcia keeps this up.:bandance:

balke
05-25-2005, 12:41 AM
Buehrle showed he is number one on this staff by gettin in a pitcher's duel with Colon and throwin 9 innings. Good defense and a couple of hits later, the Sox have now won 25% of their games won in Anaheim/LA (since 2001) this year. Lets hope Garcia keeps this up.:bandance:

Nothing is better than beating the 15 million dollar man with your Gold Glove Ace, who out lasted and outpitched the slob.

SluggersAway
05-25-2005, 12:42 AM
YESSS! The win equals the 1951 and 1957 White Sox for the best start in franchise history!!!

No argument there. Go Sox!!!

SluggersAway
05-25-2005, 12:43 AM
And, happy birthday Bartolo!!!

MUsoxfan
05-25-2005, 12:45 AM
Lets hope Garcia keeps this up.:bandance:

Washburn has an 8.10era at home this year. Freddy has a 2.04era away from the Cell this year and a 2.60era vs. ANA with a 10-3 record.

I like those odds:cool:

mmmmmbeeer
05-25-2005, 12:45 AM
As cold as our bats may appear to be, over the last 4 games we've faced Zambrano, Prior, Santana (who, rookie or not, was pitching like a stud Mon. night), and Colon. Three of those four have displayed the ability to be Cy Young contenders in their careers. We've split those four games against stud pitching, can't complain. Texas' pitching staff will be a welcome sight to our hitters.

batmanZoSo
05-25-2005, 12:48 AM
YESSS! The win equals the 1951 and 1957 White Sox for the best start in franchise history!!!

No argument there. Go Sox!!!

I'll play Captain Bringdown and point out that we finished 4th and 2nd respectively in those years.

*ducks blunt object being hurled at him*

:)

spongyfungy
05-25-2005, 12:48 AM
Iguchi was/is so clutch. (7/19 .368 avg, 9 RBI's with RISP/2 outs )

I scoffed when Iguchi held out for more money but I have to say now he's worth every penny.

brewcrew/chisox
05-25-2005, 12:49 AM
I'll be the first to give Carlasuarus some love. He set the tone, even if the rest of the Sox didn't want to follow his lead until the 10th. What a game! Twins won; this could have really set a lot of people off here if the we lost! Man! Buerle pitched a freakn' gem. As good as Colon was pitching, Mark seemed to match him +1. What a great game to watch! Who needs 21-14 games anyway? I love this stuff (although a 11 -4 game in the sox favor wouldn't hurt once in a while especially if its in the sox favor); the last three innings with Buerle slinging arrows at the mound were magical! Way to go gooch; pull it off at the end as well

Great sox win...this will be one to be remembered...mark (no pun in tended) my words

balke
As cold as our bats may appear to be, over the last 4 games we've faced Zambrano, Prior, Santana (who, rookie or not, was pitching like a stud Mon. night), and Colon. Three of those four have displayed the ability to be Cy Young contenders in their careers. We've split those four games against stud pitching, can't complain. Texas' pitching staff will be a welcome sight to our hitters.

I <3 our STARTING PITCHING STAFF!!!!!! Good Lord, I'm looking at those and thinking "We had a shot in all those games". That's a good feeling.

shaunburnette
the "Hit" o meter is up to date

Vince
05-25-2005, 12:59 AM
It is true that the middle of our line up did not produce, but I really liked AJ's at bat that started 0 - 2 and then he fouled off about 5 pitches, ran the count full and finally singled to center. He also hit the ball well to leftfield when the leftfielder made the diving catch.

I agree. This is one of those things that probably won't show up in a box score, but AJ must have made Colon throw something like 12 pitches in that at-bat.

I think this ended up being huge because they had to remove Colon (who was dealin') after the 7th, whereas the ever-efficient Buerhle stayed in until the 9th. We got deeper into their bullpen than they got into ours, and good things happened.

Tragg
05-25-2005, 01:01 AM
I agree.

This was a hell of a win tonight.

ShoelessJoeS
05-25-2005, 01:05 AM
wow...how clutch has tadahito been this year? kenny is a genius!

Unregistered
05-25-2005, 01:05 AM
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/ANS10905250519.jpeg
:o:

SpammySosa
05-25-2005, 01:06 AM
the "Hit" o meter is up to date

How come the Hit o meter doesn't also tally his hits?:?: :wink:

brewcrew/chisox
05-25-2005, 01:07 AM
Just something that I was thiking during the game: Do you think Colon was pulled too early? Just like Mark, Colon seemed to be pitching so at ease. I wonder if they couldn't have waited an inning more,,,,no that I mind though! :smile:

batmanZoSo
05-25-2005, 01:09 AM

Is Everett a clubhouse canker like we all suspected? :cool:

Lip Man 1
05-25-2005, 01:11 AM
Phew....(exhales)

ANYTIME you can get a win in the House Of Horrors in Anaheim, it's big.

Lip

Nellie_Fox
05-25-2005, 01:15 AM
Is Everett a clubhouse canker like we all suspected? :cool:Well, a canker is only a minor annoyance. Cancer, on the other hand...

batmanZoSo
05-25-2005, 01:19 AM
Well, a canker is only a minor annoyance. Cancer, on the other hand...

Exactly my thinking.

Vince
05-25-2005, 01:20 AM
Just something that I was thiking during the game: Do you think Colon was pulled too early? Just like Mark, Colon seemed to be pitching so at ease. I wonder if they couldn't have waited an inning more,,,,no that I mind though! :smile:

His pitch count was at 114 when they pulled him.

Buehrle threw 120 and was in for two more innings -- his usual efficient self.

PicktoCLick72
05-25-2005, 01:38 AM
Great Win tonight. THis game would not have been one in years prior. I know it may be late but I know of some fruit ready to boggie the night away.:bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

owensmouth
05-25-2005, 01:48 AM
Uhhh...thank you.Uhh... You're Welcome.:D:

mdep524
05-25-2005, 01:52 AM
What more can you say about Buehrle? Great performance.

I'm a little concerned about this offense, which hadn't scored a run without a solo homer for 28 innings before Iguchi's clutch hit in the 11th tonight, but I like our chances to break out tomorrow. Rowand's at bat in the 9th today was so frustrating! :angry: He had a runner on third and instead of thinking up the middle or to the right side- which he's good at- he chops a ball to SS.

Pods and Iguchi really are the catalysts for this team- even with virtually ZERO production from Konerko and Dye the Sox had the best record in baseball thanks to Pods and Iguchi carrying the load. Now that Konerko and Dye are hitting (sort of...) it's even more apparent they can't do anything without our 1-2 hitters.

And most encouraging of all was Marte! He's been shaky this year, but looked dominant out there tonight! That was great to see.

So here's to you: Buehrle :gulp: Pods/Iguchi :gulp: and Marte :gulp:

SSN721
05-25-2005, 05:42 AM
What a fabulous game despite the lack of offense on either side. I will take it thought, low scoring games are my favorite, it was good to see the Sox regroup after the failure to get Pods in from third. I thought they were done after that. And then really thought they were done after going out so meekly int he top of the tenth. I am so gald this team consistently proves me wrong when I think they are going to lose. :D: Now lets win today and at aleast get a split. :bandance:

mccoydp
05-25-2005, 06:30 AM
Is Everett a clubhouse canker like we all suspected? :cool:

No, that was Frank Thomas, remember?

Viva Medias B's
05-25-2005, 06:40 AM
A win in Anaheim...:supernana:

Cellview22
05-25-2005, 07:10 AM
Wow! Huge win!

I still haven't read this entire thread, I'm gonna do that in just a minute. I woke up this morning (had to go to bed early, needed a full nights sleep), first thing I did was check whitesox.com.

I read the first sentence, and it looked like the Sox had lost..I was ready to turn off the computer and start the day off in a bummed out mood. This is what I read: "Mark Buehrle did everything on Tuesday night but get his eighth win. He limited the Angels to one run over nine masterful innings." I about turned off the computer in disgust, and then I kept reading. Sox win! Woohooo! :D:

nasox
05-25-2005, 07:51 AM
No, that was Frank Thomas, remember?

:tealpolice:

infohawk
05-25-2005, 09:03 AM
Burles and Marte were awesome.

This had the look of another tough West Coast loss after Pods was out at the plate.

Tip of the hat to the Sox for pulling this one out.

:bandance::supernana::bandance::supernana::bandanc e::supernana::bandance::supernana:

That play where Pods was thrown out at the play was almost a carbon copy of the play that gave us the win in the season opener against Cleveland. The difference, of course, is that Pheralta booted the ball and Cabrera didn't. Just goes to show how luck plays a role over a 162 game season.

fquaye149
05-25-2005, 09:16 AM

Stawwwwp! Stawwwp! Yer Herting Heeem!!!!!!!!

Chisox353014
05-25-2005, 10:00 AM
I just found this on ESPN:

"Chicago has not won a season series in Anaheim since August 1994 posting a 13-38 record at Angel Stadium over that stretch"

You have got to be kidding me! I was there for one of those games. That was right before the 1994 strike. The game I went to the Sox blew out the Angels.

That was 3 cities and about 5 different uniforms ago for the Angels.

Brian26
05-25-2005, 10:03 AM

Great pic!

What a win last night. I listened to the end of the game on my walkman in bed...I was drifting asleep when Crede was on third, but Farmio woke me up with "GAP, Left-center...it's going to fall in there and go to the wall!". I was able to stay awake for the first two outs on the Angels half of the 10th, but started to doze again before the final out. What was it, a comebacker to Marte?

Anyway, great win. The PK stop and flip to Buehrle was incredible! Huge, huge win. I just had a feeling like we were going to blow it, but the Sox proved me wrong again.

mcfish
05-25-2005, 10:08 AM
I liked Ozzies decision to leave Marte in. I think it will be a great confidence booster.Personally, I didn't like the decision. But hey, I'm not "the @%$&#* manager." Still don't understand why he would leave Marte out there in an obvious save situation to face 2 righties to start the inning when Hermanson is available and hasn't pitched much lately. But a win's a win, so I'll take it.

Rocky Soprano
05-25-2005, 10:10 AM
Personally, I didn't like the decision. But hey, I'm not "the @%$&#* manager." Still don't understand why he would leave Marte out there in an obvious save situation to face 2 righties to start the inning when Hermanson is available and hasn't pitched much lately. But a win's a win, so I'll take it.

Marte was rolling, why pull him?

You never know what happens with bringing another pitcher in.

I liked the move.

mikehuff
05-25-2005, 10:10 AM
Anyone notice the woman in the white shirt they followed walking through the crowd with the camera?
I think it was around the 5th inning or something. It reminded me of a Cubs broadcast. She was hot though.

owensmouth
05-25-2005, 10:12 AM
Personally, I didn't like the decision. But hey, I'm not "the @%$&#* manager." Still don't understand why he would leave Marte out there in an obvious save situation to face 2 righties to start the inning when Hermanson is available and hasn't pitched much lately. But a win's a win, so I'll take it.One of those "righties" was Chone Figgins, a switch hitter who is much more dangerous from the left side of the plate. Leaving Marte in kept him batting from the right side.

Rocky Soprano
05-25-2005, 10:13 AM
Anyone notice the woman in the white shirt they followed walking through the crowd with the camera?
I think it was around the 5th inning or something. It reminded me of a Cubs broadcast. She was hot though.

:D: I know exactly who you are talking about. And yes she was very very very attractive.

mcfish
05-25-2005, 10:18 AM
Nothing is better than beating the 15 million dollar man with your Gold Glove Ace, who out lasted and outpitched the slob.We have no Gold Glove Ace. We have Mark Buehrle, who is awesome, but he is not a Gold Glove winner. :cool:

AL Gold Glove Winners (http://www.baseball-reference.com/awards/gold_glove_al.shtml)

mcfish
05-25-2005, 10:24 AM
Marte was rolling, why pull him?

You never know what happens with bringing another pitcher in.

I liked the move.It was just an opinion. I don't know how good Marte is historically in 2+ inning outings. I was obviously incorrect that one of the hitters was a switch hitter. Marte has been ptiching better lately, but he has not been good, especially in save situations this year. Hermanson has been fantastic this year in all situations. All of this combined to make me confused as to why Ozzie would stick with Marte. I wasn't mad, I just didn't agree with the decision. I was obviously not right, so that's a good thing.

CHISOXFAN13
05-25-2005, 10:25 AM
Personally, I didn't like the decision. But hey, I'm not "the @%$&#* manager." Still don't understand why he would leave Marte out there in an obvious save situation to face 2 righties to start the inning when Hermanson is available and hasn't pitched much lately. But a win's a win, so I'll take it.

The Angels brought in a weak pinch hitter to replace Adam Kennedy, a lefty, and then you had Figgins, a switch hitter, and Erstad.

Right decision, especially with the way Marte was dealing. He was basically unhittable last night.

:bandance:

daveeym
05-25-2005, 10:25 AM
I would not call one win the end of the west coast curse. Maybe you meant to put that in teal. But it is a good win, eventhough the bats are not hitting the ball. Perhaps they need a chicken to sacrifice. The only way to break the west coast curse is to kidnap an elephant and the rally monkey and make them have relations together.

Elephant and monkey DNA just don't splice.

wdelaney72
05-25-2005, 11:20 AM
This is the type of win we would have never gotten over the last few years. Great to see us edge out win against a great pitcher like Colon... out West none the less.

I love Mark Buehrle.

balke
05-25-2005, 11:28 AM
We have no Gold Glove Ace. We have Mark Buehrle, who is awesome, but he is not a Gold Glove winner. :cool:

AL Gold Glove Winners (http://www.baseball-reference.com/awards/gold_glove_al.shtml)

I know, this is the year though. He should already have 2.

wildcat
05-25-2005, 12:43 PM
:tomatoaward

Woo! 100 posts for a win!

StrTrkker
05-25-2005, 02:40 PM

Yea...I saw that shot of her. She was HOT...I think DJ & Pope were scared to make a comment about her.

:redneck

NorthlakeTom
05-25-2005, 02:53 PM
It was just an opinion. I don't know how good Marte is historically in 2+ inning outings. I was obviously incorrect that one of the hitters was a switch hitter. Marte has been ptiching better lately, but he has not been good, especially in save situations this year. Hermanson has been fantastic this year in all situations. All of this combined to make me confused as to why Ozzie would stick with Marte. I wasn't mad, I just didn't agree with the decision. I was obviously not right, so that's a good thing.
Figgins is hitting around .100 from the right side. Ozzie didn't want to turn him around.

DaveIsHere
05-25-2005, 03:50 PM

mmmm mmm good....my thought on her

I want Mags back
05-25-2005, 04:14 PM
From the episode C. E. D'oh!

Bart: "I'm Tomokazu Ohka of the Montreal Expos!"

Milhouse:"I'm Estaban Yan of the Tampa Bay Devil Rays!"

Around the time that this episode was being created, MLB was seriously considering contraction, and the two most likely franchises to get the axe were supposed to be Montreal and Tampa. If the contraction had actually occured, then Bart and Milhouse's comments would've made more sense, considering there would be no Expos or D-Rays. Even with both clubs still in existence, it is still ironic because those two clubs are pretty obscure, as are their players. Not many people besides baseball fans would recognize them. An additional nitpick is that the situation (with them representing those players with Bart pitching to Milhouse) would be unlikely, because Yan is a relief pitcher and would probably be pulled in favor of a pinch hitter if he were to go up to bat. Also by the time this episode aired, Yan had been traded away from Tampa. (Since then he has played in Texas and St. Louis.)
:

I think it made sense without the contraction happening. The fact they they sais the were Expos and Devil Rays was funny as is

DickAllen72
05-25-2005, 04:55 PM
Big thumbs up for Buerhle, Marte, Crede, and most of all, Iguchi.

Carl! Don't forget Carl! We would have been shut out in nine if it weren't for Carl!

Way to go Carl! :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

mealfred13
05-25-2005, 06:51 PM
It was just an opinion. I don't know how good Marte is historically in 2+ inning outings. I was obviously incorrect that one of the hitters was a switch hitter. Marte has been ptiching better lately, but he has not been good, especially in save situations this year. Hermanson has been fantastic this year in all situations. All of this combined to make me confused as to why Ozzie would stick with Marte. I wasn't mad, I just didn't agree with the decision. I was obviously not right, so that's a good thing.

I dunno. Ever since the game Marte gave up the winning HR, he's been fired-up BIG TIME. He's poppin' the ball in the mid-90s like he used to and he's really attacking hitters. I have a feeling some one gave him a good old-fashioned reaming about being a little lackadaisical on the mound lately. When he comes in throwing on all 8 cylinders I'm seeing shades of Marte 3 years ago.

That said, I was a little worried about having him in there for a second inning, especially witha 1-run lead. But the way he was dealing, there was no reason to switch him out. I think he's gotten his stuff worked out, and I hope he's pitching the way he's been pitching the last 2 games for the rest of the season.