PDA

View Full Version : Fire Ol' Scrapiron

Viva Medias B's
05-24-2005, 09:30 PM
Houston has choked yet again providing Cub fans and their mediot allies legitimate reason to believe the Cubs are destined to win the World Series. How could Phil Garner still have a job with a road record that bad?

White Sox Josh
05-24-2005, 09:53 PM
It's simple, just ask Clemens, they have no hitting and bullpen (besides Lidge) which goes to show you how much Lidge does for this bullpen to not be considered worse than the cubs.

balke
05-24-2005, 10:18 PM
Wow, Lidge blew it? He's a stud, that's so weird.

Banix12
05-25-2005, 01:39 AM
It's not scrapiron's fault that his team didn't resign Beltran and Kent and didn't bolster what was a thin bullpen from last season. It's not his fault that Berkman injured himself in the offseason and that Bagwell has a bum shoulder. It's not his fault that Lidge seems to have lost something over the offseason, you know that thing called Control.

Houston is just a bad team, Period. Garner can't do anything to fix that, that's the GM's problem. They should have realized that Bagwell, Biggio and Clemens aren't gonna be there long and have signed Beltran, no matter what the cost.

The cubs should beat up on Houston, just like they should beat up on Colorado when they come to town this week. The cubs stink, but they are better than the living dead down in houston and colorado.

balke
05-25-2005, 01:43 AM
I share the sentiment about Beltran, but realize that when you are bidding with the Mets, and they share the same mentality.... you are going to lose the war for Beltran. I hate Kent, but I guess he does make an impact. Biggio as his replacement isn't all bad though.

Astros missed thier opportunity. Out with the young, in with the old. A coach won't make a lick of difference there.

MUsoxfan
05-25-2005, 01:48 AM
Beltran isn't exactly what he was last year either. If they re-signed him they wouldn't be much better off than what they are now. 1-2 games at most.