PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Gordon Booed @ Wrigley

Viva Medias B's
05-24-2005, 09:51 PM
I guess Jeff Gordon is not popular amongst the Wrigley faithful, as the driver of the No. 24 car was booed when he guest conducted just now.

dcb33
05-24-2005, 10:05 PM
I guess Jeff Gordon is not popular amongst the Wrigley faithful, as the driver of the No. 24 ...car was booed when he guest conducted just now.

I was watching and it was hilarious. He started singing waaaaay too fast, got totally lost, and wasn't able to get back on track. He was so bad it almost looked as if he didn't even know the words. Gotta hand it to the Cubs for finding a real baseball fan to sing a song most 10 year olds can recite!

Viva Medias B's
05-24-2005, 10:27 PM
...wasn't able to get back on track.

Nice NASCAR analogy.

JoseCanseco6969
05-24-2005, 10:27 PM
I guess Jeff Gordon is not popular amongst the Wrigley faithful, as the driver of the No. 24 car was booed when he guest conducted just now.

Hes not popular in many places. Everywhere he goes he gets booed. At least Cubs fans got something right.

santo=dorf
05-24-2005, 11:24 PM
He also said it was great to be at "Wrigley Stadium."

ND_Sox_Fan
05-25-2005, 01:27 AM

When I first read this, I thought it might be due to the fact that they couldn't handle a winner in there.

balke
05-25-2005, 01:35 AM
It seemed like a sabotage, I don't know how you mess up that song that badly, unless you are Ozzie. He sat down and said he loved the Cubs after the song... I just couldn't believe it. That's exactly what I'd expect a Sox or Cards fan to do in disguise.

MUsoxfan
05-25-2005, 01:38 AM
It seemed like a sabotage, I don't know how you mess up that song that badly, unless you are Ozzie. He sat down and said he loved the Cubs after the song... I just couldn't believe it. That's exactly what I'd expect a Sox or Cards fan to do in disguise.

I was listening on WGN....when he said "It's good to be here at Wrigley Stadium", I turned to AM1000 because it made my day up until that point. He's clearly not a baseball fan at all or he hates the Cubs and did that on purpose.

batmanZoSo
05-25-2005, 03:31 AM
Hes not popular in many places. Everywhere he goes he gets booed. At least Cubs fans got something right.

Nascar rednecks can't accept a driver that's well-spoken like Gordon. There must've been a lot of Dale "I only win with restrictor plates" Jr. fans in the audience.

seanpmurphy
05-25-2005, 03:53 AM
Nascar rednecks can't accept a driver that's well-spoken like Gordon. There must've been a lot of Dale "I only win with restrictor plates" Jr. fans in the audience.

I was watching the game with my friend who's a Cubs fans and a Dale Jr fan and he said the same thing about being booed everywhere.

I don't really care much for cars going in circles for 2 hours, but Jeff Gordon completely screwed up and it was funny. Leave it to the Cubs to bring in a goofball like him. Also, nice first pitch.

Viva Medias B's
05-25-2005, 07:49 AM
Jeff Gordon is the latest example of why this must stop. This is now the eighth season since Harry left this world, and the Cubs' "guest conductor" bit continues to be a horrible mockery of what Harry started with us on the South Side. The Tribune often uses this bit to give some Hollywood phony who can't sing a chance at free publicity or cross promote Tribune Co. subsidaries (i.e., having WGN Radio's Kathy & Judy or the newspaper's Ask Amy sing). What the Tribune should do is what we do. Just as Nancy Faust plays "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" with us singing it, they should have Gary Pressy play the song with just the fans singing it.

thepaulbowski
05-25-2005, 08:19 AM
The Tribune often uses this bit to give some Hollywood phony who can't sing a chance at free publicity or cross promote Tribune Co. subsidaries (i.e., having WGN Radio's Kathy & Judy or the newspaper's Ask Amy sing).

This is why it won't stop. Free publicity and advertising.

RKMeibalane
05-25-2005, 08:34 AM
I've talked about this before, but it's worth mentioning again. If I ever become famous enough to be invited to the Urinal, I will go there and sing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame." However, when I get to the part that says, "root, root, root for the home team," I will say "root, root, root, for the White Sox," instead. I think it would be hilarious.

soxGirl14
05-25-2005, 08:41 AM
i was there last night..hoping to see an astros win :whiner: and jeff was just absolutely alwful. if you thought it sounded bad on tv..it was worse there.

soxGirl14
05-25-2005, 08:42 AM
and cant forget that, he called it Wrigley STADIUM hahahaha

SOXintheBURGH
05-25-2005, 08:53 AM
I watch roughly 6 Cub games a year, when they play the Sox. You guys watch way too many.

BigEdWalsh
05-25-2005, 09:33 AM
I watch roughly 6 Cub games a year, when they play the Sox. You guys watch way too many.

:supernana: Well put.

Rocky Soprano
05-25-2005, 09:49 AM
LOL, so many Gordon haters. I didnt watch the Cubs game, so I dont know how he did. But it's funny to see everyone that hates Gordon just because he wins all the time.

Jerko
05-25-2005, 09:50 AM
and cant forget that, he called it Wrigley STADIUM hahahaha

And people there actually knew that was wrong?

SOXintheBURGH
05-25-2005, 09:59 AM
LOL, so many Gordon haters. I didnt watch the Cubs game, so I dont know how he did. But it's funny to see everyone that hates Gordon just because he wins all the time.

Why do you think so many people hate the Yankees? I don't watch NASCAR nor do I know a thing about it. But, I asked a couple Maryland "good ol' boys" why so many people hate Gordon in NASCAR, and apparently the biggest reason is because he's from Connecticut(?) and wins so much.

Hangar18
05-25-2005, 10:21 AM
Jeff Gordon is the latest example of why this must stop. This is now the eighth season since Harry left this world, and the Cubs' "guest conductor" bit continues to be a horrible mockery of what Harry started with us on the South Side. The Tribune often uses this bit to give some Hollywood phony who can't sing a chance at free publicity or cross promote Tribune Co. subsidaries (i.e., having WGN Radio's Kathy & Judy or the newspaper's Ask Amy sing). What the Tribune should do is what we do. Just as Nancy Faust plays "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" with us singing it, they should have Gary Pressy play the song with just the fans singing it.

I dont mind that the cubs keep living off the sox fumes by using something the SOX brought to life, and now that its dead, every year they just continue to make a mockery of this. Just makes me hate that organization more and more, the way they imitate and copy and somehown get praised for it by the
fuzzy-blue-inappropriate relationship loving Chicago Media

soxGirl14
05-25-2005, 10:21 AM

I was hoping to see the cubs lose to one of my favorite teams (next to the sox)... otherwise I wouldnt be watching.

Best part of the drive there though was, one of the guys in the car wearing a cubs hat said..and i quote

"im really not a cubs fan, i just like to go to wrigley"

daveeym
05-25-2005, 11:02 AM
They replayed the fiasco on Mike and Mike and I don't think it was because he didn't know the words. He f'd up with calling it Wrigley stadium and the crowd got on him HARD. This seemed to throw him for a loop and he didn't know what to do afterwards. You could just hear nervous laughter from him.

1951Campbell
05-25-2005, 11:08 AM
I've talked about this before, but it's worth mentioning again. If I ever become famous enough to be invited to the Urinal, I will go there and sing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame." However, when I get to the part that says, "root, root, root for the home team," I will say "root, root, root, for the White Sox," instead. I think it would be hilarious.

I have had this dream too. In fact, it's the only good reason I can think of to be a celebrity.

Until one of us gets in that booth, we'll just have to keep thanking Bernie Mac. :D:

Rocky Soprano
05-25-2005, 11:15 AM
I have had this dream too. In fact, it's the only good reason I can think of to be a celebrity.

Until one of us gets in that booth, we'll just have to keep thanking Bernie Mac. :D:

What did Bernie Mac do?

dcb33
05-25-2005, 11:15 AM

A living legend was taking the mound for the Astros last night and the Sox weren't on until late. Excuse me for being a fan of baseball, too...

:kukoo:

SOXintheBURGH
05-25-2005, 11:32 AM
A living legend was taking the mound for the Astros last night and the Sox weren't on until late. Excuse me for being a fan of baseball, too...

:kukoo:

I realize that Clemens was pitching.. and thats all well and good. But it seems like a thread generates in WTS? everytime the Cubs play a game. I watch the occasional Orioles or Nationals game because I'm a baseball fan; but for a bunch of people who hate the Cubs so much a lot of people spend a lot of time watching them.

Stroker Ace
05-25-2005, 12:14 PM
When I first read this, I thought it might be due to the fact that they couldn't handle a winner in there.
HAHAHAHA :D:

seanpmurphy
05-25-2005, 12:14 PM
I realize that Clemens was pitching.. and thats all well and good. But it seems like a thread generates in WTS? everytime the Cubs play a game. I watch the occasional Orioles or Nationals game because I'm a baseball fan; but for a bunch of people who hate the Cubs so much a lot of people spend a lot of time watching them.

Watching a team you hate lose is pretty entertaining. Especially when there's nothing else on tv and you need to kill a couple of hours before REAL baseball comes on because of West coast time zonage.

Example: seeing latrine hawkins throw one off a Phillies' helmet into the stands. Priceless.

seanpmurphy
05-25-2005, 12:15 PM
"im really not a cubs fan, i just like to go to wrigley"

why would anyone like to go to Wrigley Stadium, er, Field. Sorry.

Stroker Ace
05-25-2005, 12:17 PM
Why do you think so many people hate the Yankees? I don't watch NASCAR nor do I know a thing about it. But, I asked a couple Maryland "good ol' boys" why so many people hate Gordon in NASCAR, and apparently the biggest reason is because he's from Connecticut(?) and wins so much.Connecticut!?!? Gordon was born in California and moved to Indiana when he was young. IIRC he was 8.

PatK
05-25-2005, 12:47 PM
I'm sure must of the Cubs fans had to double check their tickets to make sure they weren't on the South Side. Since us Sox fans are all NASCAR lovin' white trash.

JoseCanseco6969
05-25-2005, 01:37 PM

yeah I figured an anti Dale Jr response was coming from Batman "I love Jeff Gordon's nuts" ZoSo

1951Campbell
05-25-2005, 02:01 PM
What did Bernie Mac do?

He sang "root root root for the champs" during the stretch just minutes before the Bartman collapse. A tad premature.

SOXintheBURGH
05-25-2005, 02:14 PM
Connecticut!?!? Gordon was born in California and moved to Indiana when he was young. IIRC he was 8.

That's why I said Connecticut(?).. so yeah, California. Sorry.

SpammySosa
05-25-2005, 02:14 PM
Just as Nancy Faust plays "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" with us singing it, they should have Gary Pressy play the song with just the fans singing it.

The fact you know the name of the Urinal's organist scares me. :redneck

SpammySosa
05-25-2005, 02:19 PM
yeah I figured an anti Dale Jr response was coming from Batman "I love Jeff Gordon's nuts" ZoSo

Yeah,I figured an anti-Jeff Gordon/batmanzoso response was coming from someone with a screenname containing the name of a cheater and the very sophomoric "69".:rolleyes:

skottyj242
05-25-2005, 02:36 PM
The fact you know the name of the Urinal's organist scares me. :redneck

Gary Pressey used to do play the organ at my high school hockey games, that's the only reason I know it. That's actually a good trivia question next time you're talking to a real Cub "fan" ask them who plays the organ.

Iwritecode
05-25-2005, 02:42 PM
Oh geez... If we get a NASCAR argument started in here this thread will be shipped off to the ****house real quick. :rolleyes:

BTW, I didn't watch the game but Sportsnite led off with Cubs highlights and then Jeff Gordon signing "highlights" before showing Sox highlights.

You don't exactly have to watch the Cubs game to know what they did on any given night...

JoseCanseco6969
05-25-2005, 03:12 PM
Yeah,I figured an anti-Jeff Gordon/batmanzoso response was coming from someone with a screenname containing the name of a cheater and the very sophomoric "69".:rolleyes:

well congrats, you are now the millionth person to bash my name! well isn't it ironic that your screenname contains the name of a cheater as well?? Oh but its all good because you added that clever P into sammy!

And FYI, i wasn't bashing batmanZoso's name, i just recall him from earlier posts as a Gordon sympathizer

steranim
05-25-2005, 03:13 PM
I just want to thank Jeff Gordon for adding to the list of Wrigley Statium's AWFUL "Take me Out to the Ballgame" memories!

The Flubes are always a joke.

TaylorStSox
05-25-2005, 03:13 PM
I just want to thank Jeff Gordon for adding to the list of Wrigley Statium's AWFUL "Take me Out to the Ballgame" memories!

The Flubes are always a joke.

This forum is for Sox fans without a Cubs obsession.

*edit* Thread moved from clubhouse.

seanpmurphy
05-25-2005, 03:18 PM
Oh geez... If we get a NASCAR argument started in here this thread will be shipped off to the ****house real quick. :rolleyes:

BTW, I didn't watch the game but Sportsnite led off with Cubs highlights and then Jeff Gordon signing "highlights" before showing Sox highlights.

You don't exactly have to watch the Cubs game to know what they did on any given night...

Why we're discussing two people that drive in circles for a living on a board about a real sport is beyond me.

skobabe8
05-25-2005, 03:42 PM
Why we're discussing two people that drive in circles for a living on a board about a real sport is beyond me.

hahahaha....thats good stuff.

B&B were ripping the cubs this morning over this. It was hilarious. They ARE a joke (like we didnt know that before)

whitesoxfan
05-25-2005, 04:18 PM
maybe Gordon is just a Sox fan? :D:

Fake Chet Lemon
05-25-2005, 04:45 PM
MacJurko just had (5/25) the Cubs Marketing dude on, John McDunna (sp?). When asked about celebs who butcher the 7th inning stretch he basically blew that off and said "It's part of the fun, to see who will butcher it. We are in the Entertainment business." How about being in the winning baseball business you tool? He also took a funny shot at the Sox. He referred to the Dog Day promotion and said "We actually try to get human beings in our ballpark."

whitesoxfan
05-25-2005, 05:53 PM
MacJurko just had (5/25) the Cubs Marketing dude on, John McDunna (sp?). When asked about celebs who butcher the 7th inning stretch he basically blew that off and said "It's part of the fun, to see who will butcher it. We are in the Entertainment business." How about being in the winning baseball business you tool? He also took a funny shot at the Sox. He referred to the Dog Day promotion and said "We actually try to get human beings in our ballpark."

what was the point in taking a shot at the Sox? they had nothing to do with what happened. it makes sense how the Cubs suck with that payroll they have. They have higher-ups like this doofus running around.

IA_soxfan
05-25-2005, 06:06 PM
Anybody else see the grotesque amount of coverage this has been given today? So what if he called it Wrigley Stadium? I realize that Cubs fans are often incredibly arrogant/moronic, but don't they know that not everybody worships that dump?

On a related note, anybody ever fantasize about becoming famous, getting invited to sing at Wrigley, and then belting out "'CAUSE ITS ROOT, ROOT, ROOT FOR THE WHIIIIIIITE SOX!"?

RKMeibalane
05-25-2005, 06:26 PM
Anybody else see the grotesque amount of coverage this has been given today? So what if he called it Wrigley Stadium? I realize that Cubs fans are often incredibly arrogant/moronic, but don't they know that not everybody worships that dump?

On a related note, anybody ever fantasize about becoming famous, getting invited to sing at Wrigley, and then belting out "'CAUSE ITS ROOT, ROOT, ROOT FOR THE WHIIIIIIITE SOX!"?

See both my post and also 1951Campbell's.

IA_soxfan
05-25-2005, 06:32 PM
See both my post and also 1951Campbell's.

Doh! Don't make it into this forum too often. Thanks for the move, mods.

AZChiSoxFan
05-25-2005, 06:41 PM
I was watching and it was hilarious. He started singing waaaaay too fast, got totally lost, and wasn't able to get back on track. He was so bad it almost looked as if he didn't even know the words. Gotta hand it to the Cubs for finding a real baseball fan to sing a song most 10 year olds can recite!

10 year olds?? That's being generous. My 2.5 year old can sing it.

AZChiSoxFan
05-25-2005, 06:44 PM

A caller to "the Herd" on ESPN this morning said basically the same thing. He said that NASCAR fans don't like Gordon because he still has all his teeth and speaks in complete sentences.

AZChiSoxFan
05-25-2005, 06:48 PM
They replayed the fiasco on Mike and Mike and I don't think it was because he didn't know the words. He f'd up with calling it Wrigley stadium and the crowd got on him HARD. This seemed to throw him for a loop and he didn't know what to do afterwards. You could just hear nervous laughter from him.

But they cheered Ozzie Osbourne who was even worse than Gordon, and he's a professional singer.

soxwon
05-25-2005, 07:03 PM

thats what he gets for being the BEST DRIVER IN NASCAR TODAY

Hitmen77
05-25-2005, 09:05 PM

Further proof that the Cubs are indifferent about the Sox and don't need to put them down to boost their product!

Fenway
05-25-2005, 09:12 PM
It is the poll question on ESPN.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResults?sportIndex=frontpage

Fenway
05-25-2005, 10:26 PM
VIDEO of Jeff Gordon singing

http://www.wcnc.com/perl/common/video/wmPlayer.pl?title=www.wcnc.com/0525-gordon.wmv

:tongue:

JoseCanseco6969
05-25-2005, 11:02 PM
VIDEO of Jeff Gordon singing

http://www.wcnc.com/perl/common/video/wmPlayer.pl?title=www.wcnc.com/0525-gordon.wmv

:tongue:

Wow I was under the impression that he was booed when announced...not during the song. Hilarious!!! If Gordon is so articulate with his speaking, how can he screw up one of the easiest songs of all time??

Viva Medias B's
05-25-2005, 11:17 PM
With the posts pining for a guest conductor to sing "...root, root, root for the WHITE SOX," I recall one now deceased guest conductor who went in that direction. When the Cardinals were at Wrigley Stadium, Jack Buck sang "...root, root, root...FOR THE CARDINALS!" He got royally booed.

Lip Man 1
05-26-2005, 01:21 AM
A few points....

Just remember the Cubs 'stole' this little marketing idea from Bill Veeck who 'officially' had Harry Caray start doing it in 1976 with the White Sox. Harry occasionally did it on his own off and on in 1974 and 1975.

The comments from McDonough reminded me of what I was told in an interview by the late Chicago sports announcer Vince Lloyd in June 1976. I spoke with him in the coffee shop of WGN-TV for a few hours. He told me the story of speaking with Phillip Wrigley the owner of the Cubs back in the 50's and Wrigley told him (I'm paraphrasing this from memory...) 'The most important thing for the Cubs is entertainment, not winning...'

As Lloyd was telling me this he was just shaking his head.

No wonder they haven't won dung in almost a century.

Lip

SpammySosa
05-26-2005, 01:27 AM
well congrats, you are now the millionth person to bash my name!

Actually,the 999,999th person because that was the 2nd post I have mentioned it.:redneck

well isn't it ironic that your screenname contains the name of a cheater as well?? Oh but its all good because you added that clever P into sammy!

Touche'! Actually I don't care for my screenname all that much either,but for the record,mine is dissing the cheater it references.:wink:

SpammySosa
05-26-2005, 01:31 AM
Wow I was under the impression that he was booed when announced...not during the song. Hilarious!!! If Gordon is so articulate with his speaking, how can he screw up one of the easiest songs of all time??

Well considering he called the ballpark Wrigley Stadium is a clue he isn't a baseball fan.Therefore,the song is probably not all that easy and familiar to him.

JoseCanseco6969
05-26-2005, 01:31 AM
Actually,the 999,999th person because that was the 2nd post I have mentioned it.:redneck

Touche'! Actually I don't care for my screenname all that much either,but for the record,mine is dissing the cheater it references.:wink:

Well I wish I could change mine...damn bandwidth!!! I just dont want to lose the almost 1000 posts that it's taken me 3 years to pile up. Maybe change it to CansecoIsJuiced or something along those lines. Maybe I'll have to get a petition going around here cause it annoys me to death!

SABRSox
05-26-2005, 02:09 AM
With the posts pining for a guest conductor to sing "...root, root, root for the WHITE SOX," I recall one now deceased guest conductor who went in that direction. When the Cardinals were at Wrigley Stadium, Jack Buck sang "...root, root, root...FOR THE CARDINALS!" He got royally booed.

I was actually at that game. He did get booed royally, but I heard him say afterwards that it was a no brainer. I've got a lot of respect for that man. And seriously, what did the Cubs PR people expect?

jake27
05-26-2005, 06:52 PM
i was at that game too and he got booed because he sang it horribly. that was about the only cool thing that happened that day... flubs won, the urinal is terrible, etc etc.

The Racehorse
05-26-2005, 07:30 PM
I think Gordon did a helluva job.

DaleJRFan
05-26-2005, 07:48 PM

Nice way to paint all NASCAR and/or Dale Jr fans as rednecks. I could take offense and say a lot of things in response, but won't.

To draw attention to your outward ignorance in regard to NASCAR, here is a breakdown of Dale Jr.'s wins by track (points awarding and non-points awarding):

Atlanta: 1
Bristol: 1
Charlotte: 1
Daytona: 5
Dover: 1
Phoenix: 2
Richmond: 2
Talledega: 5
Texas: 1

10 restrictor plate wins
11 non-restrictor plate wins

You watch too much Sportscenter.

JoseCanseco6969
05-26-2005, 09:17 PM
Nice way to paint all NASCAR and/or Dale Jr fans as rednecks. I could take offense and say a lot of things in response, but won't.

To draw attention to your outward ignorance in regard to NASCAR, here is a breakdown of Dale Jr.'s wins by track (points awarding and non-points awarding):

10 restrictor plate wins

burnnnnnnnnnnnnn. Cant argue with facts!

whitesoxfan
05-26-2005, 09:25 PM

10 restrictor plate wins

how many wins does Jr have this year though? I don't hate Jr (and Im a Gordon fan), but i hate the fact how 99.9% of the Jr fans hate Gordon as well.

it'll be interesting to see how Steve Hmiel will do for his team. His son is obviously known to be pretty immature and Steve himself was suspended for a race last year for cussing out NASCAR on the radio. Guess Shane is a chip off the old block.

and for all you racing haters out there, one of my speeches in speech class a few years ago was on how NASCAR is a sport. It's all right to not like NASCAR, but to not call it a sport is another story. Don't make me pull up that 5 page paper on how it is a sport :D:

DaleJRFan
05-26-2005, 09:38 PM
how many wins does Jr have this year though?

So? There at the "All-star" break and Jr is still in striking distance. What happened to Gordon when Evernham left? He sucked, for four years. Jr's crew went to the 15 and they are kicking ass and taking names. Jr will come around.

As for it being a sport, I can't argue there. I raced for 2 years (shifter carts) and you have to be in excellent shape to race, and race well. I raced 3 heat races on Tuesday and Sunday nights and my entire body was DEAD the morning after. Every part of the body is used to negotiate the car(t) and the track... not to mention being subjected to 115+ degree heat for hours at a time. Requires good shoulder strength, timing, patience and the ability to out think your opponents....

whitesoxfan
05-26-2005, 09:43 PM
So? There at the "All-star" break and Jr is still in striking distance. What happened to Gordon when Evernham left? He sucked, for four years. Jr's crew went to the 15 and they are kicking ass and taking names. Jr will come around.

As for it being a sport, I can't argue there. I raced for 2 years (shifter carts) and you have to be in excellent shape to race, and race well. I raced 3 heat races on Tuesday and Sunday nights and my entire body was DEAD the morning after. Every part of the body is used to negotiate the car(t) and the track... not to mention being subjected to 115+ degree heat for hours at a time. Requires good shoulder strength, timing, patience and the ability to out think your opponents....

yeah hes still in the top 10, and thats all that matters right now. I disagree about the Evernham thing though. He left in what, 99? Gordon "sucked" in 99 and 2000 (still finished in the top 10 in points both years), but then won the title in 01. It might have felt like he sucked for 4 years, but it wasn't :D:

DaleJRFan
05-26-2005, 10:08 PM
yeah hes still in the top 10, and thats all that matters right now. I disagree about the Evernham thing though. He left in what, 99? Gordon "sucked" in 99 and 2000 (still finished in the top 10 in points both years), but then won the title in 01. It might have felt like he sucked for 4 years, but it wasn't :D:

I will refute your argument in the following way:

When Dale Earnhardt died in 2001, it proved just how important the team, crew, engineering, development was to team success, 1, 2, even 3 years ahead. Harvick won everything in sight after jumping into the 29. After the team had used up all of the gear Earnhardt and Hamlin prepared in 2000, he and the 29 went south, quickly. Gordon won the Championship in 2001 with the gear Evernham left behind. He has said it himself. What has Gordon done since?

whitesoxfan
05-26-2005, 10:14 PM
I will refute your argument in the following way:

When Dale Earnhardt died in 2001, it proved just how important the team, crew, engineering, development was to team success, 1, 2, even 3 years ahead. Harvick won everything in sight after jumping into the 29. After the team had used up all of the gear Earnhardt and Hamlin prepared in 2000, he and the 29 went south, quickly. Gordon won the Championship in 2001 with the gear Evernham left behind. He has said it himself. What has Gordon done since?

I agree with you about that but Gordon was with Loomis for over a year though before they won the championship in 2001. They haven't had championship consistency since. They've finished in the top 5 in points every year since, their best chance to win it since 2001 was last year, but they fell just short. This year, Jeff and the 24 team look real strong. 3 wins at the All-Star break is pretty good. IMO, he's having a better year then the one he did in 2001 at this point.

Infallible
05-26-2005, 10:28 PM
Gordon is ten times the driver Jr ever will be. Jr is decent but he's no Dale Sr.

SOXintheBURGH
05-26-2005, 10:29 PM
My cat's name is Mittens.

Rocklive99
05-27-2005, 12:59 AM
Tom Gordon is doing it tomorow

http://media.scout.com/Media/MLB/364523_Tom-Gordon-040301.JPG

JoseCanseco6969
05-27-2005, 01:05 AM
Tom Gordon is doing it tomorow

http://media.scout.com/Media/MLB/364523_Tom-Gordon-040301.JPG

had to bust out with one of the greatest pieces of literature written
http://www.fantasticfictionimages.co.uk/images/n0/n4357.jpg

DaleJRFan
05-27-2005, 12:12 PM
Gordon is ten times the driver Jr ever will be. Jr is decent but he's no Dale Sr.

Dale Jr is 28 with 5 years in Winston/Nextel Cup. Gordon has 3 times the experience. That's like comparing McCarthy to Buehrle. Give him time. Gordon has said it himself, the only driver he fears "losing his reign" to is Dale Jr.

Infallible
05-27-2005, 02:38 PM
Dale Jr is 28 with 5 years in Winston/Nextel Cup. Gordon has 3 times the experience. That's like comparing McCarthy to Buehrle. Give him time. Gordon has said it himself, the only driver he fears "losing his reign" to is Dale Jr.

First Jr is almost 31 and not 28. He's had everything handed to him on a silver plater and yet he still cries and complains almost as bad as Mark Martin. He got a late start in his racing career as he has only 15 wins in 194 races for a whopping .08 percent winning percentage. Gordon who is only 3 years older has 72 wins in 412 races for a 17% win rate. Jr. is just the fan favorite because of his dad who was an excellent driver. He's not nearly as skilled as most people think as he'd be another Kevin Harvick if he last name was any different than what it is. Am I Gordon fan? No not all, my guys Kurt Busch from Vegas baby!

DaleJRFan
05-28-2005, 02:05 AM
First Jr is almost 31 and not 28. He's had everything handed to him on a silver plater and yet he still cries and complains almost as bad as Mark Martin. He got a late start in his racing career as he has only 15 wins in 194 races for a whopping .08 percent winning percentage. Gordon who is only 3 years older has 72 wins in 412 races for a 17% win rate. Jr. is just the fan favorite because of his dad who was an excellent driver. He's not nearly as skilled as most people think as he'd be another Kevin Harvick if he last name was any different than what it is. Am I Gordon fan? No not all, my guys Kurt Busch from Vegas baby!

This is quite funny, considering if you knew the first thing about Dale Sr and Dale Jr, it is exactly the opposite. And as for Gordon, the clams you make of Jr can be made of him, as well. He was born with a silver spoon up his ass. The fact that you are a Busch fan reveals quite a lot, considering the caliber person he is.