PDA

View Full Version : Crede's Pace

shoota
05-24-2005, 07:42 PM
This season is more than 25% complete and I noticed Crede, despite having the best two week stretch of his career, is not doing any better than he did in 2004.

These are the numbers Crede is on pace to finish the season with: 16 home runs, 64 RBI, and 36 walks. (He currently has 9 walks according to the statistics, but I only acknowledge 8 because he received one walk after he took over Juan Uribe's 3-0 at bat when he turned his groin in the box. Crede took one pitch, a ball, and he got credit for the walk. So really he only has 8 walks on the season, and if you multiply that by 4, he is only on pace to walk 32 times this year.)

Last year, Crede finished with a .239 batting average, .299 OBP, .418 SLG. Currently, he has a .238 batting average, .300 OBP, .378 SLG.

New season, same Crede. Though, his defense has been worse this year.

fquaye149
05-24-2005, 07:53 PM
Though, his defense has been worse this year.

you're wrong.

oops I made a statement as baseless as the one you just made.

Infallible
05-24-2005, 07:54 PM
He currently has 9 walks according to the statistics, but I only acknowledge 8 because he received one walk after he took over Juan Uribe's 3-0 at bat when he turned his groin in the box. Crede took one pitch, a ball, and he got credit for the walk. So really he only has 8 walks on the season, and if you multiply that by 4, he is only on pace to walk 32 times this year.)

Well hell if you said it, then you're right about Joe........

JRIG
05-24-2005, 09:47 PM
This season is more than 25% complete and I noticed Crede, despite having the best two week stretch of his career, is not doing any better than he did in 2004.

These are the numbers Crede is on pace to finish the season with: 16 home runs, 64 RBI, and 36 walks. (He currently has 9 walks according to the statistics, but I only acknowledge 8 because he received one walk after he took over Juan Uribe's 3-0 at bat when he turned his groin in the box. Crede took one pitch, a ball, and he got credit for the walk. So really he only has 8 walks on the season, and if you multiply that by 4, he is only on pace to walk 32 times this year.)

Last year, Crede finished with a .239 batting average, .299 OBP, .418 SLG. Currently, he has a .238 batting average, .300 OBP, .378 SLG.

New season, worse Crede. Which only makes sense since he's gotten worse every year he's been in the bigs.

Wishing and hoping and praying ain't gonna make Crede a good major league baseball player.

ShoelessJoeS
05-24-2005, 09:49 PM
geez, how long have we needed a consistent third baseman....too long!!! :angry:

mccoydp
05-24-2005, 10:02 PM

New season, same Crede.

Can't say he's not consistent!:D:

White Sox Josh
05-24-2005, 10:03 PM
Can't say he's not consistent!:D:Yeah he Consistently sucks.

Infallible
05-24-2005, 10:18 PM
he's decent defensively.

Frank the Tank
05-24-2005, 10:30 PM

These are the numbers Crede is on pace to finish the season with: 16 home runs, 64 RBI, and 36 walks.

It is not even June yet. Crede has plenty of time to increase his production (or decrease for that matter). By using your logic, Garland will win over 30 games this year.

aniceItch
05-24-2005, 10:46 PM
When I saw this (http://www.myspace.com/16837585) today, I knew it was time Joe Crede was brought up in a thread around here again.

seanpmurphy
05-24-2005, 10:54 PM
Why don't the Sox go after a third basemen....or convert Ozuna into one?

Carl Everett when Frank comes back!

Infallible
05-24-2005, 10:56 PM
When I saw this (http://www.myspace.com/16837585) today, I knew it was time Joe Crede was brought up in a thread around here again.

thats messed up. I laughed hysterically at the "Nothing gets you pumped more for leaving men on base in scoring position than HARD ROCK."

SoxFan76
05-24-2005, 10:57 PM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I'll take 20+ home runs and 70 RBI from a player who bats 7th or 8th in the lineup. He also has been playing great defense this year. You can't have an all-star at every position. Well you could, but then you'd have to have a payroll over 100 mil.

White Sox Josh
05-24-2005, 10:59 PM
Why don't the Sox go after a third basemen....or convert Ozuna into one?

Carl Everett when Frank comes back!http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_120922.jpg
Trade for me Kenny!

White Sox Josh
05-24-2005, 11:00 PM
thats messed up. I laughed hysterically at the "Nothing gets you pumped more for leaving men on base in scoring position than HARD ROCK."Look at Jon Garland's.

manuelsucks
05-24-2005, 11:06 PM
I like saying he is crediocre. That is really a good way to describe him. I guess I can deal with his averageness if he gets timely hits, but that doesn't seem to be the case most of the time. But that's just what I notice. I have no numbers to back that up.

If he stays as the Sox third baseman next year, assuming he moves at his current pace, forget about him.

shoota
05-25-2005, 12:50 AM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I'll take 20+ home runs and 70 RBI from a player who bats 7th or 8th in the lineup. He also has been playing great defense this year. You can't have an all-star at every position. Well you could, but then you'd have to have a payroll over 100 mil.

Nobody said we need an All-Star at third base. I simply said we need a thirdbaseman who doesn't suck. Believe me, there's a HUGE gap in talent between Crede and All-Star thirdbasemen. Someone already mentioned a reasonable replacement who is not an All-Star but is a better player than Crede: Joe Randa.

shoota
05-25-2005, 12:55 AM
It is not even June yet. Crede has plenty of time to increase his production (or decrease for that matter). By using your logic, Garland will win over 30 games this year.

Bad analogy because wins are dependent on other factors not in the pitcher's control, while Crede's batting average, OBP and SLG are solely the result of his personal performance.

A. Cavatica
05-25-2005, 01:01 AM
He did well tonight. Keep criticizing him shoota -- it seems to be the spark he needs.

voodoochile
05-25-2005, 01:11 AM
He did well tonight. Keep criticizing him shoota -- it seems to be the spark he needs.

The Sox had 5 hits. Crede had two of them. He scored the winning run and made two excellent defensive plays including the one that ended the game. If that ball gets through to Uribe, the batter is safe with the meat of the order coming up.

shoota
05-25-2005, 01:20 AM
The Sox had 5 hits. Crede had two of them. He scored the winning run and made two excellent defensive plays including the one that ended the game. If that ball gets through to Uribe, the batter is safe with the meat of the order coming up.

hahah, I love how people criticize me for making judgements too early in the season, "It's not even June," and then rebute that with citations of one game.

batmanZoSo
05-25-2005, 01:20 AM

Chavez would've had that one and then some. :cool:

TaylorStSox
05-25-2005, 01:23 AM
Joe Randa is Joe Crede. The only difference is Crede is younger and alot cheaper.

BTW, Shoota's fascination with Crede continues. Keep it up. We've gone through this 10019873290481725 times.

SoxxoS
05-25-2005, 01:34 AM
Me and shoota took heat because of this thread (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48373&highlight=crede+comical)

Giving the kid confidence is great and everything...I just hope Ozzie and KW don't BELIEVE what they are saying. KW needs to be looking for a replacement and who is going to be available. But then again, he does have that "new" swing he has been working on.

The guy is a HELL of a lot closer to Chris Snopek than Robin Ventura...that I know for sure.

Give him until late May. If he can't cut it, it's time to cut your losses. I hope I am wrong, but I don't pin my hopes on a second half he had in 2003 where had had a .810 OPS.

Everyone was ripping us b/c that game he went like 3-4 or something and everyone creamed their pants...but as usual, that was just a small sample size and he is back to Slightly Crediocre.

It's true. I hope KW is at least looking for a replacement.

shoota
05-25-2005, 01:48 AM
Crede’s feet are slow

His bat is made of swiss cheese

Please Knight him again

Jjav829
05-25-2005, 01:50 AM

Uhh, what the hell? What exactly are there things? There's one for Neal Cotts, too. There's even one for Kirk Hinrich. These are very odd and kind of disturbing.

Kirk's Blurbs
About me:
I play basketball. and pretty damn well for a skinny white boy.

Kirk's Interests General Kicking puppies and avoiding charity work (http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=10423608&Mytoken=20050525224805#).

:?:

Chisox003
05-25-2005, 02:01 AM
Uhh, what the hell? What exactly are there things? There's one for Neal Cotts, too. There's even one for Kirk Hinrich. These are very odd and kind of disturbing.

Ya I dont know, I went to Crede's and thought it was real at first...

I really dont know what that was....Kind of funny though

shoota
05-25-2005, 02:08 AM
Joe Crede plays ball

Can’t run, hit, or play at all

Please be gone by fall

shoota
05-25-2005, 02:11 AM
Season is still young

I have loads of potential

My mom thinks I'm good

Tragg
05-25-2005, 02:23 AM
What we need is an outfielder.
We don't have a competent outfielder on the bench.

Randa is 36 years old, has bad wheels, and no power.

batmanZoSo
05-25-2005, 03:25 AM
Season is still young

I have loads of potential

My mom thinks I'm good

Dude, give it a rest

Is this the official board?

They love haikus there

:wink:

shoota
05-25-2005, 04:23 AM
Dude, give it a rest

Is this the official board?

They love haikus there

:wink:

:)

daveeym
05-25-2005, 10:51 AM
:) Crede sacks, get rid of him, glad i only started jogging along side his bandwagon when he got hot, but withheld jumping on.

JRIG
05-25-2005, 11:00 AM
Crede sacks, get rid of him, glad i only started jogging along side his bandwagon when he got hot, but withheld jumping on.

Joe Crede is a mediocre at best MLB baseball player. The difference between playoff teams and 3rd place teams is that the teams that win ALWAYS look to upgrade at positions where they have mediocre players.

Joe Crede is Joe Randa. And why do you think teams with Joe Randa on them have never won ****?

daveeym
05-25-2005, 11:11 AM
Joe Crede is a mediocre at best MLB baseball player. The difference between playoff teams and 3rd place teams is that the teams that win ALWAYS look to upgrade at positions where they have mediocre players.

Joe Crede is Joe Randa. And why do you think teams with Joe Randa on them have never won ****? Agreed but with a healthy frank and now BMAC staying up (assuming he makes a solid long reliever), we need a cub type steal of a player if we want to upgrade anywhere, there's little to no reason to overspend or feel panicked into an upgrade. I wouldn't even mind Crede that much if the FOJC weren't so adamant that he'll come around...for the 3rd year in a row.

nedlug
05-25-2005, 01:09 PM
Agreed but with a healthy frank and now BMAC staying up (assuming he makes a solid long reliever), we need a cub type steal of a player if we want to upgrade anywhere, there's little to no reason to overspend or feel panicked into an upgrade. I wouldn't even mind Crede that much if the FOJC weren't so adamant that he'll come around...for the 3rd year in a row.

Two things about this -

1. I highly doubt that McCarthy will come out of the 'pen until August/September - he should start, whether it be in AAA or on the Sox.
2. Maybe, we should all stop thinking he'll come around - then he'll have no pressure and just go nuts...?

Fake Chet Lemon
05-25-2005, 01:15 PM
hahah, I love how people criticize me for making judgements too early in the season, "It's not even June," and then rebute that with citations of one game.

That is a great catch, LOL!

Hey, but at least Joe Crume can steal a base now and then. Oh wait, he can't do that either.

daveeym
05-25-2005, 01:25 PM
Two things about this -

1. I highly doubt that McCarthy will come out of the 'pen until August/September - he should start, whether it be in AAA or on the Sox.
2. Maybe, we should all stop thinking he'll come around - then he'll have no pressure and just go nuts...? 1. I'd prefer that but the pendulum is swinging towards the "you are wrong side". 2. He wouldn't go nuts, but the expectations on Joe and the FOJC definitely make the debate testier and hatred towards joe stronger on this board. If it wasn't for those two things most would view Joe as a servicable 3rd baseman.

jehosaphat
05-25-2005, 01:35 PM

If you have a team like the Rangers, then a weak hitting, decent fielding player like Crede is OK in the line-up. The other guys can carry him. I fear that the Sox achille's heal is run production against good pitching, and a player like Crede is a liability. We need out 8th place hitter to be more productive.

I'm not sure that there is much the Sox can do about Crede. We certainly don't want to trade pitching to upgrade, and it is not like we have a lot of depth at some other position that would enable us to swap to come up with at "win/win" trade with another team. All we can do is hope that he gets hot. He has gone on minor steaks in the past and maybe he is capable of having a good half year or so offensively. But I've given up hope on him being an offensive force to be reckoned with.

Defensively he is solid - he made a great play last night and can be counted on most of the time.

TaylorStSox
05-25-2005, 01:48 PM
If you have a team like the Rangers, then a weak hitting, decent fielding player like Crede is OK in the line-up. The other guys can carry him. I fear that the Sox achille's heal is run production against good pitching, and a player like Crede is a liability. We need out 8th place hitter to be more productive.

I'm not sure that there is much the Sox can do about Crede. We certainly don't want to trade pitching to upgrade, and it is not like we have a lot of depth at some other position that would enable us to swap to come up with at "win/win" trade with another team. All we can do is hope that he gets hot. He has gone on minor steaks in the past and maybe he is capable of having a good half year or so offensively. But I've given up hope on him being an offensive force to be reckoned with.

Defensively he is solid - he made a great play last night and can be counted on most of the time.

Everyone struggles to score runs against good pitching. That's the idea. So, that point is asinine. Our problem is that we have trouble scoring runs against weak pitching.

jehosaphat
05-25-2005, 02:54 PM
Everyone struggles to score runs against good pitching. That's the idea. So, that point is asinine. Our problem is that we have trouble scoring runs against weak pitching.

Jeepers, taylor, have you been drinking too much coffee? No need to get hostile.

Good hitters and good hitting teams have a better chance against good pitching than do weak hitters and weak hitting teams, but that wasn't the point of my first post. My point was that a team that scores lots of runs can carry a player like Crede much easier than an team that struggles to produce runs.

TaylorStSox
05-25-2005, 02:56 PM
Jeepers, taylor, have you been drinking too much coffee? No need to get hostile.

Good hitters and good hitting teams have a better chance against good pitching than do weak hitters and weak hitting teams, but that wasn't the point of my first post. My point was that a team that scores lots of runs can carry a player like Crede much easier than an team that struggles to produce runs.

I would say that Crede will save you more runs at 3rd than a replacement who produces a little more. Let's not forget that he'll still probably hit 20 HR and drive in 70 RBI's. I'll take that with his glove.

voodoochile
05-25-2005, 03:42 PM
1. I'd prefer that but the pendulum is swinging towards the "you are wrong side". 2. He wouldn't go nuts, but the expectations on Joe and the FOJC definitely make the debate testier and hatred towards joe stronger on this board. If it wasn't for those two things most would view Joe as a servicable 3rd baseman.

Which is all I expect from Joe. It's the opposite for me. I think the hatred is over the top for a guy who isn't nearly as bad as he is made out to be. He bats 8th, has some pop and plays good defense. yes, he is also prone to long slumps and sometimes gets raging hot for weeks at a time. To hear the haters *cough*shoota*cough* tell it, he isn't worth a bag of balls and a new batboy in trade.

It's frankly lame and shows a remarkable inability to understand the bigger picture that is a baseball season.

voodoochile
05-25-2005, 03:44 PM
I would say that Crede will save you more runs at 3rd than a replacement who produces a little more. Let's not forget that he'll still probably hit 20 HR and drive in 70 RBI's. I'll take that with his glove.

AND HE BATS 8TH!

I cannot believe that someone actually thinks a team should expect MORE than that from the 8th slot in the lineup. :rolleyes:

daveeym
05-25-2005, 04:00 PM
AND HE BATS 8TH!

I cannot believe that someone actually thinks a team should expect MORE than that from the 8th slot in the lineup. :rolleyes: But that's where the expectations come from. It's not fair to just say he bats 8th. He was expected to be so much more. If he got traded to another team, that's easy enough for them to say, but it's real tough to accept that as a Sox fan with all the raving over JC that's been done over the last 5 years. Cuz even the haters want to see that potential or expectations met.

TaylorStSox
05-25-2005, 04:05 PM
But that's where the expectations come from. It's not fair to just say he bats 8th. He was expected to be so much more. If he got traded to another team, that's easy enough for them to say, but it's real tough to accept that as a Sox fan with all the raving over JC that's been done over the last 5 years. Cuz even the haters want to see that potential or expectations met.

I question that. I think the haters, like Shoota, want to see him fail. It's almost masochism.

It doesn't matter if doesn't reach expectations. He's still a good enough MLB starter. 90% of the players that make it as regulars were projected to be future all stars.

daveeym
05-25-2005, 04:13 PM
I question that. I think the haters, like Shoota, want to see him fail. It's almost masochism.

It doesn't matter if doesn't reach expectations. He's still a good enough MLB starter. 90% of the players that make it as regulars were projected to be future all stars. I think they'd rather see either fail or kick ass, because it's this crediocre tease job that happens every year that's driving everyone nuts. If it's failure from the haters it's because they don't think he can be successful, and since he won't be moved and the FOJC keep talking him up to be the second coming, they'd rather see them fail.

voodoochile
05-25-2005, 04:42 PM
But that's where the expectations come from. It's not fair to just say he bats 8th. He was expected to be so much more. If he got traded to another team, that's easy enough for them to say, but it's real tough to accept that as a Sox fan with all the raving over JC that's been done over the last 5 years. Cuz even the haters want to see that potential or expectations met.

Sounds like people should get over it already...

daveeym
05-25-2005, 04:53 PM
Sounds like people should get over it already... hahaha this in regards to a franchise that still can't get over 97, 94 etc. etc. Look at uribe, huge expectations in Colorado. Couldn't live up to them. Here he's almost revered because everyone knows what you'll get out of him and knows he's gonna swing away at high fastballs non stop yet he has the potential to do better and if it happened that's an added bonus.

mealfred13
05-25-2005, 08:08 PM
I'm sorry but.....:threadsucks

...if only because it's about the 47th Crede sucks thread.

The guy is good for basically 20HR and 70 RBI every season. Who gives a crap if he hits .240 while doing so.

White Sox Josh
05-29-2005, 06:22 PM
Please i can't take it anymore. How much rope do you think Joe will continue to get if he keeps on sucking like this. Whatever adjustments he made they don't seem to be working. He still has the long swing and it's either a pop up or a strike out.

TaylorStSox
05-29-2005, 06:26 PM
Please i can't take it anymore. How much rope do you think Joe will continue to get if he keeps on sucking like this. Whatever adjustments he made they don't seem to be working. He still has the long swing and it's either a pop up or a strike out.

The search function is your friend. :rolleyes:

RKMeibalane
05-29-2005, 06:26 PM
The search function is your friend. :rolleyes:

Agreed. It seems like we have two or three different threads for each subject. I can't imagine that the mods are too happy having to sort through this mess.

RKMeibalane
05-29-2005, 06:31 PM
It's like clockwork...

Jurr
05-29-2005, 06:41 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww......what happened to all of the cozy "COMET" threads???

MERPER
05-29-2005, 06:46 PM
We must come to the conclusion that Crede is never going to be Robin Ventura... that being said, I still love his defense and consider him one of the top-3 hot corner gloves in baseball.... People have mentioned a deal involving Joe for Eric Chavez but go look at his numbers (.217-4-22)... He makes a helluva lot more than Crede as well... Crede is fine in the 8-hole and with his glove... let's see if Fields can take his spot in a few years!

TaylorStSox
05-29-2005, 06:57 PM
We must come to the conclusion that Crede is never going to be Robin Ventura... that being said, I still love his defense and consider him one of the top-3 hot corner gloves in baseball.... People have mentioned a deal involving Joe for Eric Chavez but go look at his numbers (.217-4-22)... He makes a helluva lot more than Crede as well... Crede is fine in the 8-hole and with his glove... let's see if Fields can take his spot in a few years!

Here's the thing about Fields so far... Crede has better numbers and Fields is in AA. At least Crede destroyed minor league pitching.

CubsSuckSoBad
05-29-2005, 08:53 PM
These were the same people complaining about John Garland last year and how long we had to wait to get him to pitch well....

Everyone on our team is hitting horribly; aside from Iguchi...

Maybe we just need to put some real hitters around him so he can see more fastballs...

seanpmurphy
05-29-2005, 09:12 PM
:santo

Joe Crede will never be the hall of famer I was! Everyone who likes him SUCKS!

TaylorStSox
05-29-2005, 09:35 PM
:santo

Joe Crede will never be the hall of famer I was! Everyone who likes him SUCKS!

I'd love if Joe Crede turns out to be even close to the player Santo was.

seanpmurphy
05-30-2005, 12:05 AM
Check this out, since everyone is so down about Crede, thank God you're not living in Seattle and following the Mariners. Could you imagine if you people had to put up with the slump Adrian Beltre has fell into after 48 home runs last year. Suicide rates would be through the roof!

Enough about Crede. 150 threads is plenty.

White Sox Josh
05-30-2005, 12:07 AM
http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_120922.jpg
Trade For Me!

Bisco Stu
05-30-2005, 11:06 AM
I saw Eric Chavez. Upgrade defensively and the change of scenery wakes his bat up.

jhill36
05-31-2005, 06:01 PM
For all of you who are throwing Crede under the bus, you might do well to remember that he can get hot at any time. If the A's Bobby Kielty can go 13-for-23 in a nine-game stretch after starting this season 0-for-14 and batting .214 last year, anything is possible. The smart money's on Crede breaking out of this slump where he's a guaranteed out whenever he makes a plate appearance.

If you agree, holla!

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/VALUED%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/TEMP/moz-screenshot.jpgfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/VALUED%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/TEMP/moz-screenshot-1.jpgHurry back, Frank!

PAPChiSox729
05-31-2005, 06:04 PM
For all of you who are throwing Crede under the bus, you might do well to remember that he can get hot at any time. If the A's Bobby Kielty can go 13-for-23 in a nine-game stretch after starting this season 0-for-14 and batting .214 last year, anything is possible. The smart money's on Crede breaking out of this slump where he's a guaranteed out whenever he makes a plate appearance.

If you agree, holla!

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/VALUED%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/TEMP/moz-screenshot.jpgfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/VALUED%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/TEMP/moz-screenshot-1.jpgHurry back, Frank!

*Listens to cricket noises being made in the silence*

Well, I certainly hope he breaks out. I still am not sure he will, though.

maurice
05-31-2005, 06:05 PM
Joe Crede's annual stats:
Year - AVE / OBP / SLG
2002 - .285 / .311 / .515
2003 - .261 / .308 / .433
2004 - .239 / .299 / .418
2005 - .225 / .285 / .350

Anybody else see a pattern here?

SoxxoS
05-31-2005, 06:08 PM
Joe Crede's annual stats:
Year - AVE / OBP / SLG
2002 - .285 / .311 / .515
2003 - .261 / .308 / .433
2004 - .239 / .299 / .418
2005 - .225 / .285 / .350

Anybody else see a pattern here?

I could swear players are supposed to get better as the years go on.

But he is cheap and plays defense...which is fine on this team. KW shouldn't be looking for a replacement, I mean the Sox have recently won the World Series so we should be thinking "future."

mweflen
05-31-2005, 06:10 PM
jhill, you walked right into this one :smile:

I like Crede. He was a really swell guy when I met him.

But I want a World Series on the South Side more than I like Joe Crede. If it's a choice between "he could break out any moment" and Eric Chavez, well...

jhill36
05-31-2005, 06:10 PM
Geez!

Even I didn't know the numbers were that bad!
lowering head in shame....

Ol' No. 2
05-31-2005, 06:12 PM
It's looking less and less likely. I started the season saying give him a couple of months to see what he can do. Time's up. KW has to start looking at alternatives. If Crede kicks it into gear before Kenny can get a deal done, fine. You'd pretty much have to put Dye in the same category, except he's going to be almost impossible to trade. They'd have to peddle Timo and put Dye on the bench.

June is almost here. The situation isn't urgent, but there's no point in waiting until it is. IMO, June is the time the Sox can make the biggest headway. They can't afford to waste it.

jackbrohamer
05-31-2005, 06:18 PM
I ALMOST got to see my first triple play yesterday (May 30) thanks to Crede

PAPChiSox729
05-31-2005, 06:22 PM
I ALMOST got to see my first triple play yesterday (May 30) thanks to Crede

Did you miss the one last year against the Angels? I was at that game and the Sox lost like 12-0, but it was awesome seeing them turn a triple play on Molina.