PDA

View Full Version : New sign at the Cell

skobabe8
05-24-2005, 05:38 PM
I drove by the ballpark today and that dirty "Welcome To U.S. Cellular Field, Home of the Chicago White Sox" sign that overlooked parking lot B across from the 35th St. has been replaced. The new sign is smaller, grey in color, and has white lettering that says the same thing. Its an improvement over the previous one, but is still pretty underwhelming.

There were also some tents and temporary wharehouse looking structures in parking lot B that looked like a BMW car show. There were BMW cars and flags all over. Not sure what that was about. :?:

cheeses_h_rice
05-24-2005, 05:41 PM
Was that the banner printed in sort of rainbow colors (red, blue, yellow)? If so, good riddance -- that thing looked gross.

skobabe8
05-24-2005, 05:45 PM
Was that the banner printed in sort of rainbow colors (red, blue, yellow)? If so, good riddance -- that thing looked gross.

The one attached to the ramps above gate 5. Someone recently said it needed to be power washed. You see it when you approach the cell from Armour Park.

na_na_na_na
05-24-2005, 05:45 PM
I'm assuming the set up out there this past week is for the go cart races. Am I wrong?

GiveMeSox
05-24-2005, 06:45 PM
I drove by the ballpark today and that dirty "Welcome To U.S. Cellular Field, Home of the Chicago White Sox" sign that overlooked parking lot B across from the 35th St. has been replaced. The new sign is smaller, grey in color, and has white lettering that says the same thing. Its an improvement over the previous one, but is still pretty underwhelming.

There were also some tents and temporary wharehouse looking structures in parking lot B that looked like a BMW car show. There were BMW cars and flags all over. Not sure what that was about. :?:

I know sometimes they use the Cells paking lots to filn car commercials they did it for Honda or Hyundia last year I cant remember which one.

I want Mags back
05-24-2005, 06:48 PM
I'm assuming the set up out there this past week is for the go cart races. Am I wrong?

The go-cart thing is in August, durimg the Mariners series

paciorek1983
05-25-2005, 05:21 PM
More than likely, the tents are probably out there for BMW to train their salespeople on new products, or as a refresher course on current products. I used to attend those types of things when I was a Chrysler product rep.