PDA

View Full Version : Sportsline: "Ruling Chicago"

downstairs
05-24-2005, 02:53 PM
Ok... I know its no longer news that we're #1 again on Sportsline, but I just loved the quote:

First step to ruling the world: ruling Chicago. Check.

(http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/8500405)

mikehuff
05-24-2005, 03:13 PM
"The White Sox and Cardinals are already counting their magic numbers with comfy division leads."

This sounds like something you would expect last year with us 5 games behind the Twins. There is no way that this division is going to be easy to take. I don't know what this guy is talking about.

Chisox003
05-24-2005, 03:14 PM
"The White Sox and Cardinals are already counting their magic numbers with comfy division leads."

This sounds like something you would expect last year with us 5 games behind the Twins. There is no way that this division is going to be easy to take. I don't know what this guy is talking about.

No kidding...

There is no doubt and was no doubt in my mind that the Central is a 2 team race....The Twins are not going anywhere

mikehuff
05-24-2005, 03:16 PM
Anyone notice the Cubs comment?

"Carlos Zambrano's alleged Internet-induced elbow issue is the latest circus act. There is no truth to the rumor he is one of those arguing with fans of the No. 1 White Sox on the CBS SportsLine.com message board."

The Brewers one is great too. Thanks Scotty!

"First-base coach Dave Nelson: "We went from being the Rolls-Royce of stolen bases last year to a Chevette this year. And, we're working our way down to Model T." And base running is the least of their worries."

Uncle_Patrick
05-24-2005, 03:17 PM

"Carlos Zambrano's alleged Internet-induced elbow issue is the latest circus act. There is no truth to the rumor he is one of those arguing with fans of the No. 1 White Sox on the CBS SportsLine.com message board."

I was just about to post this! That one had me rolling. :rolling:

daveeym
05-24-2005, 03:24 PM
I was just about to post this! That one had me rolling. :rolling: what he said.

SOXfnNlansing
05-24-2005, 08:00 PM
Ok... I know its no longer news that we're #1 again on Sportsline, but I just loved the quote:

First step to ruling the world: ruling Chicago. Check.

(http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/8500405) The guy who made the list simply does not know or understand too much about baseball. He has the cubs @17 (20-22 record) and Det @21 (same record as cub) and Det has to play tougher teams. SF (22-21) is over .500 and ranked 18th? Even lowly MIL is ahead of the cubs in the standings but only ranked 22nd on cbs. Pitt is 1 gm back of cubs and 23rd? You would think that Toronto would be higher than 1 ranking position than the cubs with a record of 23-21 because of the tough teams they play.

White Sox Josh
05-24-2005, 08:16 PM

"Carlos Zambrano's alleged Internet-induced elbow issue is the latest circus act. There is no truth to the rumor he is one of those arguing with fans of the No. 1 White Sox on the CBS SportsLine.com message board."He has the wrong message board.