PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie may have had a motive for his tirade

Lillian
05-24-2005, 12:57 PM
Is it possible that Ozzie was trying to distract the Media from a potential controversy over Konerko's critical comment regarding Uribe's "deception".
Does anyone know what was the sequence and timing of the two events?
Did Konerko make his comment before Ozzie's "emotional" response to being criticized over removing McCarthy? Would Ozzie have been aware of Konerko's comments?
My point is simply that perhaps Ozzie was intentionally trying to take the attention away from what could have been a very divisive incident, that still has the potential to weaken the great chemistry of this team. Does anyone have any answers? I know the two incidents in question have already been discussed here, but this is a little different "angle" and probably justifies a separate thread.

FanofBill
05-24-2005, 01:13 PM
Is it possible that Ozzie was trying to distract the Media from a potential controversy over Konerko's critical comment regarding Uribe's "deception".
Does anyone know what was the sequence and timing of the two events?
Did Konerko make his comment before Ozzie's "emotional" response to being criticized over removing McCarthy? Would Ozzie have been aware of Konerko's comments?
My point is simply that perhaps Ozzie was intentionally trying to take the attention away from what could have been a very divisive incident, that still has the potential to weaken the great chemistry of this team. Does anyone have any answers? I know the two incidents in question have already been discussed here, but this is a little different "angle" and probably justifies a separate thread.

I think you're reading too much into it. I think with Ozzie, what you see is what you get. And because of that, it works well for the team. He'll take the heat and not the team. Not by design but because of who he is.

ja1022
05-24-2005, 02:32 PM

Ummmm........no.

VivaOzzie
05-24-2005, 03:02 PM
Maybe not in this instance, but I think overall, Ozzie does try and divert attention away from the team and onto him. He loves to run his mouth, and I think he uses this fact on purpose to deflect negative media attention away from the players, and just let them play the game without worrying about the other crap.

Maybe I'm giving him more credit than he deserves, and I'm completely wrong...but if he does do this on purpose, I think its GENIUS.

I_Liked_Manuel
05-24-2005, 03:23 PM
i really don't think that ozzie's smart enough to do something like distract attention from one of his players onto himself. he obviously does it, but it's not by design.

Brian26
05-24-2005, 03:28 PM
i really don't think that ozzie's smart enough to do something like....

My thoughts exactly. Ozzie wouldn't come up with a plan on-the-spot like this if he had a gun to his head.

soxwon
05-24-2005, 04:48 PM
honestly i couldnt care less.

we have more important things to deal with
like WINNING a freakin game in ANAHEIM.

White Sox Josh
05-24-2005, 05:51 PM
no simply because he didn't know konerko had said until the next morning or so thanks to the great reporter Mike Kiley.

Infallible
05-24-2005, 06:06 PM
I'm ALMOST positive that OG came up with this idea.....he is a genius in the bay see bawl world.....its a good thing he uses his powers for good otherwise we'd be dealing with a criminal mastermind.....

Fake Chet Lemon
05-25-2005, 12:49 PM
No. But when Ozzie went nuts on Magglio in April I thought part of that was to get his team some publicity for their strong start. It did kind of work.