PDA

View Full Version : Granton Marketing Coupons

mcfish
05-24-2005, 12:02 PM
I don't know if anyone else was waiting for word from here on the Granton Marketing Coupon book - it is available this year. I just ordered one. Call them at 800-775-1975 and ask for the Chicago White Sox marketing coupon book.

This year's book includes 4 free ticket coupons and 14 buy 1 get 1 coupons. The person on the phone didn't say, but I would assume that the upper deck only rule has carried over from last year. I'll post here again if that has changed.

It was $42 this year with shipping, so it was a little bit more, but still well worth it for what you get if you use it.

I figure anything that will get more people to more Sox games is a good thing!

:gulp:

800-775-1975 - Granton Books available now!

SoxRox
05-24-2005, 12:21 PM
For $42 do you get coupons for anything else other than Sox tickets?

Randar68
05-24-2005, 12:32 PM
For $42 do you get coupons for anything else other than Sox tickets?

Uhhhh, you get coupons redeemable for 4 FREE UD tickets in addition to the buy-1-get-1-free coupons good any day of the week. What else do you want?

Brian26
05-24-2005, 12:34 PM
Dumb question here. For the buy-one-get-one-free deal, I assume you have to get the freebie for the same game, right? Would they give you the freebie for a future game?

batmanZoSo
05-24-2005, 12:36 PM
Uhhhh, you get coupons redeemable for 4 FREE UD tickets in addition to the buy-1-get-1-free coupons good any day of the week. What else do you want?

I'd like the coupons to slather me in oils and give me a back rub, then make me a steak dinner if possible.

ewokpelts
05-24-2005, 12:56 PM
Dumb question here. For the buy-one-get-one-free deal, I assume you have to get the freebie for the same game, right? Would they give you the freebie for a future game?
not sure....there's been no language about it on the other years...
Gene

SoxRox
05-24-2005, 01:01 PM
back rub and steak...thats funny!

Anyway... I asked because the Sox have a promotion going now where for $50 you get 4 UD tix and 4 hot dog value meals. But just for Wed games.

southsidesoxfan1
05-24-2005, 01:23 PM

Yeah, you have to use the buy one get one free for the same game. But with 4 tickets for a $1 a piece, and 16 buy one get one free coupons, you can't lose. You save a bunch of cash if you happen to use them all. I haven't been to the upper deck in years untill last year when the granton marketing people knocked on my door. I purchased one, and with the renovations in the upper deck area, I was extremely pleased. If you normally go with someone to the game, its half price any night you want.:bandance:

SoxRox
05-24-2005, 01:31 PM
How do you redeem the coupons? Do you have to mail them in?

Or can you redeem them at the Sox ticket windows?

Brian26
05-24-2005, 01:34 PM
If you normally go with someone to the game, its half price any night you want.:bandance:

That appears to be their entire strategy. This thing doesn't help if you want to sit downstairs or go to a bunch of games on your own. They want to get more bodies into the upper tank to buy more concessions. That's the bottom line. It's actually a win-win for both the Sox and the customers.

jake27
05-24-2005, 01:36 PM
anyone know if you can buy it online?

southsidesoxfan1
05-24-2005, 02:27 PM

Or can you redeem them at the Sox ticket windows?

I'm pretty sure you can do it both ways. Last year I was taking them to the ticket windows and making sure I got tickets that I wanted, like somewhere behind the plate.

ewokpelts
05-24-2005, 05:00 PM

Or can you redeem them at the Sox ticket windows?yes...you CAN buy the tix at the window with granton coupons...
Gene

kevingrt
05-24-2005, 05:47 PM
Beauitful job whoever found this out... I'm getting it for the third year in a row... Dammit can't sit in lower deck though!

shoota
05-24-2005, 07:11 PM
I don't know if anyone else was waiting for word from here on the Granton Marketing Coupon book - it is available this year. I just ordered one. Call them at 800-775-1975 and ask for the Chicago White Sox marketing coupon book.

This year's book includes 4 free ticket coupons and 14 buy 1 get 1 coupons. The person on the phone didn't say, but I would assume that the upper deck only rule has carried over from last year. I'll post here again if that has changed.

It was $42 this year with shipping, so it was a little bit more, but still well worth it for what you get if you use it.

I figure anything that will get more people to more Sox games is a good thing!

:gulp:

800-775-1975 - Granton Books available now!

Is there a coupon book like this for the lower deck? I'd buy it if it was for any seat.

huskie26
05-25-2005, 12:03 AM
Does anyone know if you can upgrade your seats once you are in the park? I am figuring the answer is no since I tried last year to upgrade my dollar seats from the starting nine package but just thought i would ask.

SoxRox
05-25-2005, 01:47 PM
I called Granton this morning. Here are the limitations with the coupons.

Not good on Saturdays.

Not good for any game of the Dodgers, Cubs, Red Sox or Yankees series.

Not good on Elvis night (Aug 5) for some reason. Also not good on Sept 5th, which is Labor day. This is stupid because the Sox are not scheduled to play on that day anyway.

If all these limitations are news to someone who has already ordered the coupons over the phone I wouldn't be surprised. The girl I talked to originally quoted me blackout dates from 2004 when I first asked her about them. It was only when I compared what she gave me to the current schedule that I realized something was screwy. Hopefully they will now keep the 2005 info at hand.

soxtalker
05-25-2005, 05:46 PM
I just phoned. They took my order (which came to $42.98 after shipping) but said that the booklets wouldn't be shipped out for another couple of weeks.

ewokpelts
05-25-2005, 05:57 PM
the package gets worse, yet it goes up in price? typical sox....

Gene

Corlose 15
05-25-2005, 08:14 PM

Gene

There were a few $1 vouchers and it seemed to be 20 buy one get one frees last year but I could be wrong. That is pretty lame that its a worse and more expensive package.

ewokpelts
05-26-2005, 05:18 PM
There were a few $1 vouchers and it seemed to be 20 buy one get one frees last year but I could be wrong. That is pretty lame that its a worse and more expensive package.
yeah..u'd think they'd WANT to sell tickets up there!
Gene

kevingrt
05-26-2005, 07:45 PM

Gene

So true and ugly