PDA

View Full Version : Poll, vizz the wizz

SOXfnNlansing
05-24-2005, 12:17 AM
What should be done about vizz the wizz? Please choose from the 5 responses.

brewcrew/chisox
05-24-2005, 12:19 AM
:?:

umm, I think you forgot something.

MUsoxfan
05-24-2005, 12:19 AM
I've suggested to someone else to enjoy a coctail tonight. I think you may have enjoyed too many....:?:

skobabe8
05-24-2005, 12:21 AM
I've suggested to someone else to enjoy a coctail tonight. I think you may have enjoyed too many....:?:

:kneeslap:

:dunno:

MUsoxfan
05-24-2005, 12:22 AM
Ah....this poll is much better with the poll. I vote "Keep him". I'm still very confident in him, and that the slight glitch he has will be worked out by Cooper.

Jjav829
05-24-2005, 12:24 AM
:?:

umm, I think you forgot something.

The post shows up when the person clicks submit and then goes to the page where they create the poll. It sometimes takes a few minutes for the poll to appear, based on how quickly the person types everything out. :smile:

ND_Sox_Fan
05-24-2005, 12:29 AM
Right now, he is this year's version of Mike Jackson or Rick White. However, he has much better stuff and has a much better track record.

He gives up at least one every appearance he makes. I hope we can get him straightened around without having to suffer through him straightening it out during games. I think some side throwing and a week off wouldn't be the worst thing for him, if he does in fact have a glitch.

MUsoxfan
05-24-2005, 12:32 AM
Right now, he is this year's version of Mike Jackson or Rick White. However, he has much better stuff and has a much better track record.

I've equated Cotts as the "Thriller" of 2005. I just have no confidence when Cotts is in the game. Maybe I'm misguiding my lack of confidence to the wrong guy

NorthlakeTom
05-24-2005, 12:35 AM
Okay, I'm willing to listen.

What is good about his track record?

He has a 4.69 career ERA. That is acceptable for a #4 or 5 starter, but a set-up man?

He is a workhorse, true, but in 75 games for Milwaukee in '03, he posted a 6.39 ERA. I can't imagine what that was like for the Brewers. You don't get a 6.39 ERA from a couple bad outings when you appear in 75 games.

ND_Sox_Fan
05-24-2005, 12:53 AM

He has a 4.69 career ERA. That is acceptable for a #4 or 5 starter, but a set-up man?

He is a workhorse, true, but in 75 games for Milwaukee in '03, he posted a 6.39 ERA. I can't imagine what that was like for the Brewers. You don't get a 6.39 ERA from a couple bad outings when you appear in 75 games.

Valid points - I was referring to the workhorse side. I wasn't counting on him to be a set-up guy when he came over, rather a right-handed Kelly Wunsch. Obviously, I was wrong with him on even that at this point in the season.

However, in 2002, he posted a 2.99 in 76 games and in 2004 a 3.75 in 73 games. He sandwiched that 6.39 in there - hopefully this is not another one like that.

NorthlakeTom
05-24-2005, 01:02 AM
Valid points - I was referring to the workhorse side. I wasn't counting on him to be a set-up guy when he came over, rather a right-handed Kelly Wunsch. Obviously, I was wrong with him on even that at this point in the season.

However, in 2002, he posted a 2.99 in 76 games and in 2004 a 3.75 in 73 games. He sandwiched that 6.39 in there - hopefully this is not another one like that.

Yes, he had a good year in '02. If he can regain that form, or some of it anyway, I'd be more than pleased. 3.75 is okay, but for close games, a team needs someone better than that.

Speaking of Wunsch, I looked up his stats. If you think we have problems, check out the Dodgers' pitching staff: http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/la/stats/la_sortable_player_stats.jsp

Ouch!

Is there any way we could get Alvarez back?

batmanZoSo
05-24-2005, 01:15 AM

They sent him out 75 times? Holy crap they must've been bad. :cool:

ShoelessJoeS
05-24-2005, 01:17 AM
i dont know about vizcaino, he was out there today in a non pressure situation meaning he didnt even have to hold onto a lead and he still couldnt get the job done...whats the deal?

NorthlakeTom
05-24-2005, 01:23 AM
They sent him out 75 times? Holy crap they must've been bad. :cool:
Yes, that's the point. There's probably a spot for him in KC or Cincinnati.

Just think. Without Vizcaino, Milwaukee may have won 75 to 80 games that year. (undecided on teal status)

DumpJerry
05-24-2005, 06:59 AM
I was going to do a poll on this guy. The poll would have asked people to pick the best nickname for him. One of the choices would have beenm "former White Sox player."

I say if we keep him (which I did NOT vote for), keep him in for one batter only. He seems to get the first guy out and then give up the dinger to the second guy.:angry:

CubsfansareDRUNK
05-24-2005, 07:37 AM
well, he did blow the sox sweep of the cubs....
all i can say is "meh"
ive never really been one of those viz believers, or people who think he has huge potential this year. he better start improving or get rid of him

fquaye149
05-24-2005, 08:46 AM
the thing you guys have to understand is

nobody beats the wiz

miker
05-25-2005, 11:17 AM
We could dump him, but is there anything to replace him with other than BMac?

You would of thought the Jaime Navarro experience would of taught us never to get a pitcher from the Brewers...

Dick Allen
05-25-2005, 11:46 AM
All I know is, I was out there on Sunday, and he ruined my day and my weekend. For this, I will never forgive him. Dump him. You don't blow games against the Cubs. I never forgave Tony G either for that reason.

bludupree
05-25-2005, 11:53 AM
Would it be a bad idea to put O.H. in the bullpen and move McCarthy into the rotation? Orlando has great stuff but can't complete a year as a starter. Personally I don't ever want to see Vizcaino again.

Tekijawa
05-25-2005, 11:57 AM
My answer would be so much easier to Choose if I knew what vizz the Wizz was or is, well I guess that depends on what the Definition of Wizz Is...

Fake Chet Lemon
05-25-2005, 02:20 PM
I still think 1-2-3 years from now he could be our closer. It's tough doing anything when your role hasn't been defined. Granted he has to get better to earn a role. But does he come in during the 6th, 7th, 8th, when we are leading, or losing? His usage has been all over the map, I'll cut him some slack. He has good enough stuff to develop into something special.

kojak
05-25-2005, 06:43 PM
the thing you guys have to understand is

nobody beats the wiz

I think you have hit on something here! Luis gets no love. He doesn't have a "GONG" (Shingo), a bevy of polite groupies (Politte) or a legion of followers in portable sleeping devices (Cotts). Not even a sponsorship with a major vacuum manufacturer (Hermanson). He needs to have some kind of positive reinforcement when he heads to the hill. So maybe we have a big banner that says "NOBODY BEATS THE VIZ". Brooks could put together a spot with an old man punching the tagline...

http://homepage.mac.com/cfj/.Pictures/al-hakim-shaking-fist.jpg

"NOBODY BEATS THE VIZ!!"

ChicagoHoosier
05-25-2005, 06:53 PM
I still don't get who the better option is. I haven't given up hope yet and will wait for a few more bad outings, if they happen frequently, to start bitching more about him.

Chicago83
05-25-2005, 07:10 PM
I think everyone needs to settle down with Vizcaino, I hear people blame him for the that loss against the cubs, come on Dubois hit a low and away slider that would have normaly been a pop-out if it wasn't for the strong Chicago wind in a small park. It's unfortunate that there were two men on base, but I can't blame him for that loss, that's just gonna happen every once and a while. I admit he has been far from lights out, but you take away that 6 ER disaster in Cleveland (Which wasn't his fault) and he has 11 ER's in 20.1 innings, which if my math is correct is a 4.93 ERA. Not too bad, better than Shingo at least. Give the guy a chance, I think people over-react just because he lost a game against the cubs. You just got to tip your hat to Dubois on that hit, it was a pitcher's pitch that he hit into the right part of the park.

Viz just needs to cut down on walks, if he can't do that then send him down to Charlotte for a little while and let B-mac take his place. I think trading him is a bad idea as he has little value, if any.

MRKARNO
05-25-2005, 07:14 PM
Trading him is probably a pipedream unless some team thinks he's worth a mid-tier to low-tier prospect. He has very little trade value at this point. If we cant do that (which I'm guess we wont be able to do) we should rid ourselves of him and go with the 6 man pen of Hermanson, Marte, Takatsu, Politte, McCarthy and Cotts.

SOXfnNlansing
05-26-2005, 12:31 AM
I think you have hit on something here! Luis gets no love. He doesn't have a "GONG" (Shingo), a bevy of polite groupies (Politte) or a legion of followers in portable sleeping devices (Cotts). Not even a sponsorship with a major vacuum manufacturer (Hermanson). He needs to have some kind of positive reinforcement when he heads to the hill. So maybe we have a big banner that says "NOBODY BEATS THE VIZ". Brooks could put together a spot with an old man punching the tagline...

http://homepage.mac.com/cfj/.Pictures/al-hakim-shaking-fist.jpg

"NOBODY BEATS THE VIZ!!" ahem, EVERYONE hits the vizzz though