PDA

View Full Version : Per Bruce Levine: Ozzie's Option Picked Up Through 2007

Unregistered
05-23-2005, 06:35 PM
Per am1000...

soltrain21
05-23-2005, 06:37 PM
Thats pretty awesome, but there seems to be NO stability as a manager these days.

cheeses_h_rice
05-23-2005, 06:43 PM
:threadrules:
:)

BRDSR
05-23-2005, 06:46 PM
Can someone clarify: Ozzie was under contract through this year, right? Two year deal? So he had a two year option? That doesn't seem normal, usually it's a one year option, at least for players. But regardless, I'm happy about it, even if I don't think he should have pulled BMac after 5.1 innings and 80 pitches yesterday afternoon.:cool:

robiwho
05-23-2005, 06:46 PM
GREAT news!

soxfanreggie
05-23-2005, 06:52 PM
super!

Daver
05-23-2005, 06:52 PM
:fireozzie

Unregistered
05-23-2005, 06:58 PM
Believe it or not, I thought of you when I heard the news, Daver. :D:

fquaye149
05-23-2005, 07:22 PM

who would you hire to replace him?

not trying to start an argument, I'm just curious which of the available managerial candidates you would prefer?

White Sox Josh
05-23-2005, 07:32 PM
who would you hire to replace him?

not trying to start an argument, I'm just curious which of the available managerial candidates you would prefer? Terry Bevington!

balke
05-23-2005, 07:35 PM
I wish I could say something, but all he does is win this year, and most of my gripes from last season have disappeared. I.e. Manuelesque lineup changes, Gload in RF, and the amount of calling out his own players.

Up until yesterday, I've agreed with his bullpen usage. I like when he mouths off to someone OUTSIDE the organization, or to someone who's actually trying to talk smack about our organization. I like that Shingo was gone so soon, that we stopped playing like pansies, and that he seems to fully understand the importance of rivalries to the fans.

These all seem like simple requests... but after Manuel we have to actual ASk for these kind of things.

kevingrt
05-23-2005, 08:11 PM
Thats pretty awesome, but there seems to be NO stability as a manager these days.

Yeah but at least he can't leave without us having a say in it. Good move by the Sox... easy move by the Sox

MRKARNO
05-23-2005, 08:19 PM
Only Ozzie could make a profanity-laced tirade and be rewarded with a one year extension of his stint.

But I'm not complaining, he deserves it based on the start he's had so far.

CLR01
05-23-2005, 10:03 PM
Can someone clarify: Ozzie was under contract through this year, right? Two year deal? So he had a two year option? That doesn't seem normal, usually it's a one year option, at least for players. But regardless, I'm happy about it, even if I don't think he should have pulled BMac after 5.1 innings and 80 pitches yesterday afternoon.:cool:

It was a one year option. They picked that up and then they extended it a year.

White Sox Josh
05-23-2005, 10:26 PM
Not sure but all i know is that his contract was extended after the option was picked up.

Lip Man 1
05-24-2005, 12:23 AM
Story on the Tribune web site tonight...Williams is denying all reports concerning Ozzie.

Lip

MUsoxfan
05-24-2005, 12:25 AM
Story on the Tribune web site tonight...Williams is denying all reports concerning Ozzie.

Lip

LeVineline is certainly on top of his game lately

34 Inch Stick
05-24-2005, 08:07 AM
I'm with Daver on his opinion on Ozzie, however, even I recognize that he has earned having his option picked up.

By the way, what is with the insane paranoia by Sox/Bulls administration and the picking up of options?

BaseballTonyght
05-24-2005, 08:13 AM
:supernana:

Let's hope this is only the first step towards Ozzie becoming a long-term fixture in the dugout.

soxtalker
05-24-2005, 08:34 AM
I'm with Daver on his opinion on Ozzie, however, even I recognize that he has earned having his option picked up.

By the way, what is with the insane paranoia by Sox/Bulls administration and the picking up of options?

I'm not with Daver on this one -- at least not yet. I just don't know right now. Ozzie is immensely popular with the fans, and, I presume, continues to be in good stead with JR. But this is still early in his tenure here. And right now with the team winning, everything looks great. But get a few key injuries that lead to the team tanking, and people will be a lot more critical. (They are different people, but Dusty Baker was the darling of the Cubs fans and media a couple of years ago. Now, people are calling for his head.)