PDA

View Full Version : Conspiracy theory...

miker
05-23-2005, 02:31 PM
Okay, our much more talented White Sox take two of three from the Lovable Losers in their own field and move forward to take on the struggling Angels of Orange County, and the only storylines I see in the press and here at WSI are:

- Dustpan Baker blames Uribe for dekeing D.Lee
- Konerko under fire for criticizing aformentioned play
- Media upset because Ozzie used F-word and yelled at them

Did I miss anything?

Can we enjoy a winning baseball season or are we going out of our way to find ways to make this so-far glorius season self-destruct?

Can Sox fans ever be happy? After this weekend, I was...and then I came here.

Just wondering...

Tekijawa
05-23-2005, 02:40 PM
yup Sox fans beat up an undercover officer in a red Sox Uniform.

miker
05-23-2005, 02:42 PM
yup Sox fans beat up an undercover officer in a red Sox Uniform.

Thanks for the update. We are still taking the blame for that shooting in oh-so-safe Wrigleyville last year too, aren't we? :angry:

He gone
05-23-2005, 02:43 PM

Dusty and the Scrubs are always blamming others for their misfortunes

Konerko's remarks will blow over

Ozzie Montana always uses the F-word

I don't see any controversy with the team heading out west :redneck

ma_deuce
05-23-2005, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the update. We are still taking the blame for that shooting in oh-so-safe Wrigleyville last year too, aren't we? :angry:

I don't know what you 're talking about. I never read about that in the Tribune.

:giantsnail

PaleHoseGeorge
05-23-2005, 02:57 PM

Why wouldn't we be blamed? The Cubune is still brushing for Sox Fan fingerprints that bottle of Round Up they blamed Sox Fans for killing the Urinal's ivy a few years ago.

:roflmao:

:lynch&mcfail
"And we all know the holes in the concrete netting are being caused not by birds building nests, but SOX FAN BIRDS!!!"

:gulp:

dcb33
05-23-2005, 02:59 PM
:lynch&mcfail
"And we all know the holes in the concrete netting are being caused not by birds building nests, but SOX FAN BIRDS!!!"

How can they be so sure those aren't really Cubs fan birds that listen to sports talk radio?

kevingrt
05-23-2005, 03:17 PM
Okay, our much more talented White Sox take two of three from the Lovable Losers in their own field and move forward to take on the struggling Angels of Orange County, and the only storylines I see in the press and here at WSI are:

Did I miss anything?

Can we enjoy a winning baseball season or are we going out of our way to find ways to make this so-far glorius season self-destruct?

Just wondering...

Yeah we can be happy but everyone finds something to complain about. Someday we'll win the World Series and someone will complain about a contract dispute or something.

But don't worry the majoirty of us are happy, and at least we aren't complaining about a sucky record, injuries, and wanting to fire our manager.

BaseballTonyght
05-23-2005, 03:23 PM
Post deleted? Was some rule violated? Please advise so the same mistake is not made in the future.

soxtalker
05-23-2005, 03:33 PM

Did I miss anything?

Just wondering...

There has been plenty of coverage of the main story -- great first outing for BMac (though it gets mixed in with plenty of well-deserved kudos for Prior). But I see your point. I've actually been pretty disappointed with all the focus on the Uribe action / Konerko statement. Fortunately, there's a game tonight, and that should cause most of this to die down.

Iwritecode
05-23-2005, 03:43 PM
There's a reason the post-game threads are 300 posts long when they lose and barely 100 when they win.

You can only say what a great job the team did so many different ways. When they lose, you can dissect every single play 10 different ways to figure out why they lost.

Besides, there's a fine line between confidence and cockiness. They just took 2 of 3 against a sub-.500 team. That's exactly what they were supposed to do. We aren't exactly going to go around bragging about it and proclaiming the team WS contenders just yet. It's a long season and they haven't won anything yet.

Sure we'll enjoy the series victory but we've all been here before only to get broken-hearted in the end. I think most people are enjoying this season with cautious optimism.

maurice
05-23-2005, 05:17 PM

Meanwhile, an off-duy Chicago police officer gets severely beaten (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-0505230181may23,1,5394373.story?coll=chi-news-hed) by 3 men steps from the Urinal, and the Trib buries the story . . . and George Knue relegates it to a tiny bullet point halfway down the main page on chicagosports.com, where no followup stories will be permitted to appear.

WinningUgly!
05-23-2005, 05:50 PM
Post deleted? Was some rule violated? Please advise so the same mistake is not made in the future.

Do not attempt to evade the language filters. Keep the language acceptable to younger fans. Posts that attempt to use mis-spelled profanity in an attempt to circumvent the filter process will be deleted and the poster will be banned.

Linky (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49958)

cheeses_h_rice
05-23-2005, 06:08 PM

All 3 of these aspects pertain to Sunday's game. Add to that the fact that it's Monday and a lot of people are "at work," which ironically leads to more free time to spend talking about this stuff. Friday and Saturday's games are old hat, as far as the media's concerned; if Patterson's muffed diving catch happened yesterday, I'm sure the media would be abuzz with that story today.

No worries.