PDA

View Full Version : One of the funniest, whiniest Flubfan tirades about the Sox ever.

cheeses_h_rice
05-23-2005, 02:17 PM
This entire thread (http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=ml-cubs&msg=155086.1&ctx=0) is really entertaining.

Iwritecode
05-23-2005, 03:00 PM
Cubs fans complaining about the Sox ticket selling policies? Hilarious!!! :roflmao:

I especially liked the guy that was complaining that he couldn't get the 13-game package because he lives out-of-town.

Have these people never heard of stubhub or even Ebay? :?:

cheeses_h_rice
05-23-2005, 03:05 PM
Cubs fans complaining about the Sox ticket selling policies? Hilarious!!! :roflmao:

I especially liked the guy that was complaining that he couldn't get the 13-game package because he lives out-of-town.

Have these people never heard of stubhub or even Ebay? :?:

Not to mention you only needed to buy a 9-game plan to get one of the Cubs games included.

But yeah, the unmitigated gall of the White Sox organization to leverage sky-high demand for something into a way to put more money into the ballclub's coffers, and perhaps reward White Sox fans for their loyalty in the process. Just awful. Don't they know that it's cool to reward carpetbagging fans of the other team in town?

:kukoo:

Risk
05-23-2005, 03:06 PM
Oh man, that was good for a mid-afternoon laugh.:D:

"The White Sox are a classless organization. WAAAHHH."
"They tricked Derek Lee. WAAAHHHH."
"I can't go to the game at the Cell and be my typical jack ass self without having to buy a 13 game package. WAAAHHH."
"Ozzie Guillen uses bad language, won't someone please think about the children. WAAAHHH."

Sometimes, you meet people or read rants of morons that really make you wish that their parents would have used better judgment in the past (ie birth control).

Risk

miker
05-23-2005, 03:11 PM
I just opened a Cubbie forum on my computer...I hope my anti-virus will catch it!

Uncle_Patrick
05-23-2005, 03:55 PM
I saw this earlier today. What a bunch of cry babies these Cubs fans are. That poster is the ultimate example of the Moron-Cub fan. I could point out all the stupidity in that post, but anyone with half a brain can see it for themselves. Cubs fans seem to be throwing around the term "class" a lot. Is it classy to whine and cry all them time? "Those White Sox, they are so mean. Whaaaa." :whiner: Boo ****ing who.

I'm surprise that his keyboard didn't short out from all the tears he was shedding while he typed.

eriqjaffe
05-23-2005, 05:17 PM
The Sox also rented out a billboard a while back near Wrigley and put up a sign that said Real baseball 10 miles South (I may be wrong on the number of miles, but you get my point).
I know the billboard he's talking about, but the Sox didn't put it up, right? Wasn't it AM1000?

santo=dorf
05-23-2005, 05:36 PM
I know the billboard he's talking about, but the Sox didn't put it up, right? Wasn't it AM1000?

I thought it was for Kevin Matthews. :?:

jackbrohamer
05-23-2005, 05:38 PM

Yup, IIRC Reinsdorf asked (or told) them to take it down.

TDog
05-23-2005, 05:40 PM
I read the link and I can't find anything the Sox are doing that I disagree with. Some of these actions have been suggested by posters here. The idea of having to buy more Sox tickets to see the Cubs games at the Cell was one bandied about here as a way to make the games more accessible to Sox fans.

Cubs and their fans are still losers. They're just not very lovable.

Uncle_Patrick
05-23-2005, 06:07 PM
My favorite reply was the guy who said the Lee didn't need to look at the 3rd base coach because there were 2 outs and you only look at the 3rd base coach when the ball is in the air and there are less than 2 outs.

DumpJerry
05-23-2005, 06:10 PM
The personal attacks on Ozzie, the players and management makes this thread out to be great bulletin board material for next month's series. Ozzie should write on the top:

Make their fans cry like babies!!!!

SOXSINCE'70
05-24-2005, 12:29 PM
I guess this drillrod never heard of the "hidden ball trick" or
fake decoy plays that infielders use to sell a baserunner that they
should only take one base,not 2.Cheating has existed in baseball
for over 100 years!!! If "Duh-sty" is mad at anyone,it should be
Lee for not looking at his third base coach!! If Uribe's decoy play
fooled him,than shame on him.Stop whining,you mopes.:angry: :angry:

Baby Fisk
05-24-2005, 12:46 PM
I guess this drillrod never heard of the "hidden ball trick" or
fake decoy plays that infielders use to sell a baserunner that they
should only take one base,not 2.Cheating has existed in baseball
for over 100 years!!! If "Duh-sty" is mad at anyone,it should be
Lee for not looking at his third base coach!! If Uribe's decoy play
fooled him,than shame on him.Stop whining,you mopes.:angry: :angry:

IIRC, two famous individuals in the Sox organization also fell victim to "hidden ball" decoy tricks, and they are:

:hawk
"Mercy!"

and

:ozzie
"I tell you what, that trick works."

TDog
05-24-2005, 01:35 PM
IIRC, two famous individuals in the Sox organization also fell victim to "hidden ball" decoy tricks, and they are:....

As I recall, Ozzie fell for it twice.

SOXintheBURGH
05-24-2005, 01:53 PM
Priceless.

skottyj242
05-24-2005, 01:59 PM
Wasn't the billboard for the Southtown Economist?

SOXintheBURGH
05-24-2005, 02:00 PM
Wow, the brilliance on that board continues. I know we have had some mind blowing trade talks here at WSI.. (Borchard and Harris for <insert all-star>), but now they wanna trade Patterson and Hawkins for Ichiro? :tongue:

seanpmurphy
05-24-2005, 05:46 PM
I posted the following response to him on those boards

You are probably the biggest crybaby I have ever had the displeasure of reading a post by. Get over it. The fact is your team sucks this season and the White Sox are dominating. Rather than deal with it, you have to nitpick every possible thing that you don't like and make it seem like an attempt by the Sox to destroy the Blue Empire.

If you give me a mailing address, I will send you a box of kleenex and a baseball enyclopedia so you can maybe learn something about the game before crying on message boards.

Thanks.

Yeah, I'm a total :dtroll:

Viva Medias B's
05-24-2005, 10:44 PM
These are the stupidest people on the face of the earth.

Uncle_Patrick
05-25-2005, 10:36 AM
I posted the following response to him on those boards

You are probably the biggest crybaby I have ever had the displeasure of reading a post by. Get over it. The fact is your team sucks this season and the White Sox are dominating. Rather than deal with it, you have to nitpick every possible thing that you don't like and make it seem like an attempt by the Sox to destroy the Blue Empire.

If you give me a mailing address, I will send you a box of kleenex and a baseball enyclopedia so you can maybe learn something about the game before crying on message boards.

Thanks.

Yeah, I'm a total :dtroll:

That guy responded to you on that board. He is a total idiot. I finally had to post a response because I couldn't take his lunacy anymore.

There is actually a lot of tears being shed on different Cubs boards. I am amazed by the reaction of this fanbase who normally believe the White Sox and their fans to be beneath their contempt.