PDA

View Full Version : Frank in Buffalo, 2nd article

Paulwny
05-23-2005, 02:09 PM
Local writer -- "Nice guy, Frank Thomas"
From the Buffalo News:
"Believe me, I have a long way to go," he said. "It's humbling for other people to see you struggling in a Triple-A game, but it's not struggling with me. This is just spring training for me. That's the way I approach it. I'm getting at-bats. I'm not at my best yet. These guys are at their best."

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050523/1003718.asp

Flight #24
05-23-2005, 02:13 PM
Rides the bus, signs autographs, doesn't have an overblown sense of his current ability, wants to do what's best for the team....

What a cancer, better get rid of him ASAP.

balke
05-23-2005, 02:22 PM
I'm sure he has a ways to go with rehab. in 2 weeks or so I can see him having at least one 2 HR game.

steranim
05-23-2005, 04:04 PM
Rides the bus, signs autographs, doesn't have an overblown sense of his current ability, wants to do what's best for the team....

What a cancer, better get rid of him ASAP.

I'll drink to that
:gulp:

Bobby Thigpen
05-24-2005, 10:15 AM
I will admit that having been one of Frank's most pessimistic fans and having called for his head many times on this site, he has impressed me over the last couple of years. Either he has learned from his mistakes of the past and is easing his way into a senior/leadership role on this team, or he has just learned to keep his mouth shut. Either way, I'm excited to see what he can do for this team, not only with his bat, when he comes back.