PDA

View Full Version : LAA predictions

elrod
05-23-2005, 02:00 PM
We have trouble out West, and if the Oakland series is evidence, we still do. However, our problems in Oakland usually have to do with their dominant pitching and a whole lot of voodoo. Our problems in Anaheim usually have to do with their high-powered lineup pummeling us. Well, their lineup is one of the worst in the American League. So how many games will we win in the OC?

HebrewHammer
05-23-2005, 02:07 PM
No Vladdy, favorable pitching matchups. I'll take a split, but I want 3/4.

skobabe8
05-23-2005, 02:25 PM
3/4. No Vlad, though unfortunate to see an injury, will help. But just because theres no Vlad doesnt mean we'll coast. Cant let down.

Frater Perdurabo
05-23-2005, 02:26 PM
No holds barred. They sweep the Angels.

balke
05-23-2005, 02:29 PM
I either expect a split, with a shelling of Colon, or the 3/4.

I'm expecting more of the split. We've done pretty well against all these slugging teams so far, I just hope it holds up. Anaheim always seems to have the player that steps up and looks like an all-star for a month.

NorthlakeTom
05-23-2005, 02:47 PM
Since we split with Baltimore, I'd be surprised at anything less than 3 of 4.

The Angels' strength (so far) this year has been pitching, not hitting.

Runs per game
Sox - 4.66
Angels - 4.19

HR
Sox - 50
Angels - 35

BA/OBP/SLG
Sox - .258/.324/.409
Angels - .246/.298/.379

If the Sox can get to Colon, there's a good chance of a sweep. Tonight's matchup is almost unfair.

spiffie
05-23-2005, 03:27 PM
I have a bad feeling. Not to beat the dead horse, but I feel like the whole McCarthy/Vizcaino issue and the Uribe/Konerko issue combined with the cross-country road trip and our general west coast nightmares is going to make this a long week. And MIN gets Cleveland to beat up on. I'm saying 1 out of 4, and a 2 game lead when we open up the paper on Friday morning. And good God I hope I am SO wrong on this one.

miker
05-23-2005, 03:37 PM
I have a bad feeling. Not to beat the dead horse, but I feel like the whole McCarthy/Vizcaino issue and the Uribe/Konerko issue combined with the cross-country road trip and our general west coast nightmares is going to make this a long week. And MIN gets Cleveland to beat up on. I'm saying 1 out of 4, and a 2 game lead when we open up the paper on Friday morning. And good God I hope I am SO wrong on this one.

If this team is a team of destiny, they will overcome the BS and our past West Coast history.

If not, it was such a waste...

CHISOXFAN13
05-23-2005, 03:41 PM

I'm sorry, but what have you seen that makes you believe Minnesota will walk into Cleveland and sweep the Indians in a four-game set in which Santana won't pitch?

NorthlakeTom
05-23-2005, 03:43 PM
I know where you're coming from, but we are only two insignificant people in cyberspace.

Your sig overrides your post in this instance. I think the team will handle these issues just fine, and I wonder how much of an issue they are at all - to the team.

DumpJerry
05-23-2005, 03:44 PM
A) God called me. You're wrong.
B) All Sox fans should expect nothing but victories. This is true of any season, not just this one. I know we will lose some here and there, but we always hope for a "W." I voted sweep. Why not?

DaleJRFan
05-23-2005, 04:19 PM
There is absolutely no reason to believe the Sox will not continue to play the way they have thus far (31-13). The aces of the staff (wow, that feels good typing, ACES) are going 1,2,3 against the Angels. Without Vlad, they are just another "decent" lineup, which the Sox have shut down time after time this season. Examples? Texas, Baltimore, Seattle, Cleveland, Toronto, Minnesota.

They'll go 3-1 vs Cali and 2-1 against Texas. We have no reason to believe otherwise. This whole season (starting with the off-season and ST) has had a different feeling. This is a different year, different team, different attitude. Why do we have to assume they'll get their heads handed to them because they are travelling to the left coast? Go Sox.

downstairs
05-23-2005, 04:28 PM
I'm going 4 game sweep until this 31-13 team makes me feel otherwise!

The Racehorse
05-23-2005, 04:29 PM
Three outta four.